1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? I posted a comparison picture. Please use your brain. It's a bright picture that shows how is face isn't gaunt.

Here's some more for you.

MvwSn4y.jpg

bXAcaxK.jpg

NiefgWO.jpg

The sculpt is very bad.

The quality of the picture you used was fine. I was referring to the expression.

Anyway, the more I look at TFA stills the more I realize this will be a controversial sculpt because it is simply impossible to replicate the windswept hairstyle.

I like it, looks like Hamill to me, the hair is just too flat but I think I'd prefer his black outfit in TLJ. I'm sure this will look better in hand but I can wait for the black outfit Luke.

So you would prefer they made the sculpt of luke squinting into the sun?

Not really. My point was more that the comparison between sculpt and pictures seems more off due to the difference in the eyes. Although my collection does face South, it's in the basement, so squinting would lack authenticity... :)

I think the sculpt looks great. The neck is sitting a little high though. I wish it would have shipped this month but oh well. :dunno

I like it, looks like Hamill to me, the hair is just too flat but I think I'd prefer his black outfit in TLJ. I'm sure this will look better in hand but I can wait for the black outfit Luke.

:exactly: I think it looks good as well, but I too am going to wait for TLJ version. :)

Would Hot Toys release a TLJ update so soon after this release which so far the only difference is a brown glove? Or are they more likely to preview the brown outfit Luke with staff?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think it looks like Hamill, it just doesn't look like a 100% accurate TFA Luke. I PO'd it when it went up for PO to go with my ROV Rey to recreate the iconic final scene from the film, but I give the sculpt about a 7. 7.5 at best.

I think it looks like Hamill, it just doesn't look like a 100% accurate TFA Luke. I PO'd it when it went up for PO to go with my ROV Rey to recreate the iconic final scene from the film, but I give the sculpt about a 7. 7.5 at best.

Agreed all the way around, although I'd up it to an 8. In Hot Toys defense, the hair is reasonable since, in the film, it's literally just blowing in the wind.

Agreed all the way around, although I'd up it to an 8. In Hot Toys defense, the hair is reasonable since, in the film, it's literally just blowing in the wind.

What throws if off for me the most is the length and styling of the hair, and the beard. The hair has tenable argument though like you said, because I would imagine it's difficult to sculpt tousled, wind blown hair.

The facial likeness is definitely Hamill, but as I said, it just doesn't accurately capture TFA Luke.

What throws if off for me the most is the length and styling of the hair, and the beard. The hair has tenable argument though like you said, because I would imagine it's difficult to sculpt tousled, wind blown hair.

The facial likeness is definitely Hamill, but as I said, it just doesn't accurately capture TFA Luke.

Fair enough.

I just want them to release this already! If people are waiting for TLJ version, great! I ordered this day one so I could recreate one of my favorite scenes of all time.
The wait is literally killing me!

Yeah, wind or no, they still could have sculpted the hair to look bigger and messier than they did.

And maybe we'll see him being super pissed off at some point in TLJ, but right now the expression just feels completely wrong to me for Luke, and nothing like what it should be:

maxresdefault~01.jpg

Personally I see quite a bit of Hamill in the sculpt, particularly around the eyes and mouth, it's just entirely too gaunt, which throws things off a bit.

Personally I see quite a bit of Hamill in the sculpt, particularly around the eyes and mouth, it's just entirely too gaunt, which throws things off a bit.

I agree. Pics thus far doesn't generate the "WoW" factor as some sculpts. However, in certain features and angles capture the likeness well and others not so much

Fair enough.

I just want them to release this already! If people are waiting for TLJ version, great! I ordered this day one so I could recreate one of my favorite scenes of all time.
The wait is literally killing me!

Yikes, sorry to hear that.

You really have to wonder why this figure is releasing over 18 months after TFA, and just as "new TLJ Luke" pics are popping up.

Back