1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this looks nothing like him. His cheeks aren't as wide either. And eyes are way too big.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it looks nothing like him. I'd say its 75% there. Eyes definitely need to be redone and everything else needs more weathering.

I wanna like this cause it's Luke, but I'm in the "looks nothing like him" camp. In my opinion, this is their biggest Star Wars human miss. Perhaps v2 for Episode VIII will be better.

Looks like him to me. I think the beard looks weird though. Maybe too sculpted, like their Ben Kenobi. Kenobi's beard looks like this guys.
a80a612610715e32af31704fe52d6dce.jpg

Perhaps it's just the lighting, but the tone of the skin looks improved to be a bit more dark and it may have a bit more weathering in the face. Hair and beard still needs some work though. I think it's a good facial likeness; enough to definitely tell it's intended to be an older version of Hamill. Those last two shots in particular look pretty good.

Yeah, not sure if the SDCC lighting was just so harsh that some of the detail was lost, but the latest photos do look a bit better to me as well. Or maybe i'm just getting more used to it, but it's moving closer to a purchase. Will wait until after 8 probably if it's releasing close enough to that.

Will wait until after 8 probably if it's releasing close enough to that.

That's a good idea. The E8 Luke might have a much better costume, since this costume was only seen very briefly, and mostly from a very wide shot, wardrobe may not have spent a ton of time perfecting the look. Whereas in E8 he'll likely be in much of the move so in all likelihood the concept artists and wardrobe will spend more time refining the Luke costume.

I'm still tempted to get this though. It'll be worth a purchase for making a custom Jedi, if nothing else.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

I have ROV Rey on PO, so I'll be getting this one as well. For me personally, I don't really see the point of getting one without the other. The intent would be to replicate that iconic scene where she offers him his father's lightsaber.

Back