1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think both shots are the exact same sculpt but for whatever reason, the one on the right looks less angry. Might be that the eyes are looking at you vs looking away on the left image.

I've liked the sculpt since the reveal so I'm just fine with it as is. I'm used to Hot Toys approach with the Star Wars sculpts so I don't expect an exact replica of the actor. As long as I can look at the figure and immediately recognize what character it is, it's all good.

It feels like work trying to like that sculpt.

I like that comment because I know exactly what you mean! I liked the ANH Farmboy sculpt well enough when I first got it, but lately, it's been quite a lot of work trying to hang on to that opinion. That said, I don't agree with it with regard to this particular sculpt. I see Hamill clearly. Might not be the very best representation of precisely how he looked at the end of TFA (which is obviously the objective), but as a representation of older Luke, I'd say it's a solid triple...

Well said. I think this is prolly the best Luke we've seen from HT so far.

Me too. I think the "windswept" hair vs. flat may be what's throwing it off a bit. That was throughout the scene, but obviously they're not going to sculpt that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sculptors are trained to idealize when they are sculpting, as opposed to screen accuracy. So I don't think we'd see any wind sweeping hair sculpt any time soon. :lol

I like that comment because I know exactly what you mean! I liked the ANH Farmboy sculpt well enough when I first got it, but lately, it's been quite a lot of work trying to hang on to that opinion. That said, I don't agree with it with regard to this particular sculpt. I see Hamill clearly. Might not be the very best representation of precisely how he looked at the end of TFA (which is obviously the objective), but as a representation of older Luke, I'd say it's a solid triple...

And I get where you're coming from...I realize it's just my perspective and I'm glad others can enjoy this figure (I really like HT Obi Wan even though many see little resemblance to AG).

I think both shots are the exact same sculpt but for whatever reason, the one on the right looks less angry. Might be that the eyes are looking at you vs looking away on the left image.

I've liked the sculpt since the reveal so I'm just fine with it as is. I'm used to Hot Toys approach with the Star Wars sculpts so I don't expect an exact replica of the actor. As long as I can look at the figure and immediately recognize what character it is, it's all good.

These are my sentiments also.

I feel the sculpt is good; enough to know precisely who it is. It's obvious it's intended to be an older version of him, but I think the hair and facial hair not being quite bushy enough as well as the skin not being quite weathered enough is what's keeping this sculpt from being a home run.

Still a PO for me though to go along with ROV Rey.

The thin hair is throwing this off massively.

Yeah, I hear ya. We should get a better idea of what his hair is really about in the first few moments of VIII, but he certainly didn't appear to be folically challenged in the least judging by the hood removal scene. Maybe it will look more like the figure once he had a chance to sweat through some stress/conflict...you know, other than seeing his DAUGHTER alive again for the first time in years.

Yep, I said it...

Just leave the hood up, hair problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The biggest issues I'm seeing:

1) Hamill's damaged/crooked nose isn't damaged/crooked enough on the sculpt
2) Hamill's damaged left eye looks completely undamaged on the sculpt

2a7sev7.jpg

The biggest issues I'm seeing:

1) Hamill's damaged/crooked nose isn't damaged/crooked enough on the sculpt
2) Hamill's damaged left eye looks completely undamaged on the sculpt

2a7sev7.jpg

Wow this looks nothing like him. His cheeks aren't as wide either. And eyes are way too big.

Sculpt isn't wide enough.
Hair too thin.
Hairline incorrect.
Eyes too large.
Wrinkles not defined enough.
Skin tone appears too pale.
Nose too 'perfect'.

Think people are being far too lenient on this one. It's a poor effort.

Back