1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully with him having no accessories they will include a sound feature like vaders with all his lines from TFA :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

image.jpeg

Looks pretty good to me. Just depends which reference image they use. The mans face changes a lot. He has a face shape that looks drastically different from other angles and with slight hair changes.

I don't see how it's "not at all" like hamill. It may not be 100% perfect in places but it's clearly him

image.jpeg

When I say "not at all Hamill" I don't mean that they got every single mole and ear lobe wrong, I just mean that if someone showed me the detached headsculpt above and asked me who to guess who it was I just wouldn't have guessed it was Hamill. Sometimes when a sculpt is off you can still look at it and at least tell who it is supposed to be. For me that isn't the case with this one.

When I say "not at all Hamill" I don't mean that they got every single mole and ear lobe wrong, I just mean that if someone showed me the detached headsculpt above and asked me who to guess who it was I just wouldn't have guessed it was Hamill. Sometimes when a sculpt is off you can still look at it and at least tell who it is supposed to be. For me that isn't the case with this one.

I got what your saying. But ifs ou couldn't tell who it is from that sculpt then there's not a single Mark sculpt, from vii, that looks like him. I am not saying it's perfect. They "cleaned" up a few bits and such but it's clearly Luke from vii.

Looks pretty good to me. Just depends which reference image they use. The mans face changes a lot. He has a face shape that looks drastically different from other angles and with slight hair changes.

I don't see how it's "not at all" like hamill. It may not be 100% perfect in places but it's clearly him

View attachment 279939

Thanks very much for the comparison. My main problem with it is that the figure head looks angry, Hamill looks troubled and weary (and a lot redder!). I think the sculpt makes his face too long as well.

I'd also never noticed how much Mark resembles Jim Royle in TFA!

I got what your saying. But ifs ou couldn't tell who it is from that sculpt then there's not a single Mark sculpt, from vii, that looks like him. I am not saying it's perfect. They "cleaned" up a few bits and such but it's clearly Luke from vii.

I'd respectfully disgree, in my own case anyway. If I didn't know who this was meant to be I wouldn't immediately be able to tell from the sculpt, unless I worked it out from the beard.

I think people have what I'm going to coin "jnix-blindness" suddenly. :google I'm willing to bet 75% of the people commenting bought ANH LUke and were at least sort-of happy with it (myself included) and THAT thing looked NOTHING like Hamill!

This is 85-90% there and it apparently sucks and is an easy pass. Just because he doesn't look wistful or sad. I better not see any of you picky b***stards posting pics in 6-8 months! :wink1:

I disagree. I own Bespin Luke and ANH Luke and they both have a recognizable resemblance to Hamill to me.

Looks like jeff bridges

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

...with a little bit of Kurt Russell.

Either way, ZERO, Hamill. The eyes, nose and beard are wrong, the hair is TOTALLY wrong, the hair-line is too receded.

For me, hands-down, the worst resemblance of the SW line so far :(

I think people have what I'm going to coin "jnix-blindness" suddenly. :google I'm willing to bet 75% of the people commenting bought ANH LUke and were at least sort-of happy with it (myself included) and THAT thing looked NOTHING like Hamill!

This is 85-90% there and it apparently sucks and is an easy pass. Just because he doesn't look wistful or sad. I better not see any of you picky b***stards posting pics in 6-8 months! :wink1:

Who said anything about passing? Calm down dude. I already said Jedi Master Luke is a grail figure for me and I'll be picking this up, likeness issues aside. I just hope they improve the sculpt.

Back