1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who said anything about passing? Calm down dude. I already said Jedi Master Luke is a grail figure for me and I'll be picking this up, likeness issues aside. I just hope they improve the sculpt.

Hmmm...didn't quote you nor was I referring to you. "Winky" icon usually denotes some sarcasm/poking fun. But I'll calm down. :wink1:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with Coma about the ANH Luke not being a good sculpt (which I do own to finish out the ANH line) - but anyone that says this is good needs to have their eyes checked.

It's so far off the "mark," it's ridiculous.

I agree with Coma about the ANH Luke not being a good sculpt (which I do own to finish out the ANH line) - but anyone that says this is good needs to have their eyes checked.

I finally got to someone that feels the same way I do, I'm not seeing Hamill AT ALL.

Super high-res from Rebelscum. Not sure if this was posted. Open in a new window to see the full size.

2016-SDCC-Hot-Toys-Booth-Wednesday-016.jpg

Best angle so far...

I think people have what I'm going to coin "jnix-blindness" suddenly. :google I'm willing to bet 75% of the people commenting bought ANH LUke and were at least sort-of happy with it (myself included) and THAT thing looked NOTHING like Hamill!

This is 85-90% there and it apparently sucks and is an easy pass. Just because he doesn't look wistful or sad. I better not see any of you picky b***stards posting pics in 6-8 months! :wink1:
ANH Luke looking nothing like Hamill is a ridiculous statement imo.

Somw of you people should just stick to your $500 custom figures.

looks like the only thing they got right is the bottom lip lol maybe if he was in more scenes they woulda had more screen shots to sculpt from :lol

As standard procedure on this forum, give it a couple of weeks, then people will be saying how great of a sculpt this is.

Guess I should have added "/sacrcasm" (fixed)

Or get your eyes checked :)

Personally I think your photoshop work (good job BTW) only reinforces that it doesn't look anything like him.

You've even left Hamill's hair - which is a HUGE part of the problem as well.

Yep. It's a really poor effort and I still cannot believe the slack it's being given!!

Last edited:
i saw this in person this afternoon... i thought it looked great.

Don't be silly, everyone knows it's not how it looks in person that matters. What's important is how it looks when photographed and zoomed in on a large monitor, then we all try to win the prize for 'person who see's the least percentage of the actor'.

Looking on Hot Toys Facebook page and most of the comments are how great this figure looks!
No it looks like Prospero from Gladiator yet.
a020f3ceda94980d68b87271a8e42aa6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

For those saying figures universally gets ragged-on now, then lauded when in hand... think of one thing; Leia.

From the beginning it worked, everyone agreed it was a good sculpt from the proto, and the final product turned out great.

People see what they see, but when it's correct, there is no disparity of opinion.

Back