1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking on Hot Toys Facebook page and most of the comments are how great this figure looks!
No it looks like Prospero from Gladiator yet.
a020f3ceda94980d68b87271a8e42aa6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oh no! Cannot unsee!

For those saying figures universally gets ragged-on now, then lauded when in hand... think of one thing; Leia.

From the beginning it worked, everyone agreed it was a good sculpt from the proto, and the final product turned out great.

People see what they see, but when it's correct, there is no disparity of opinion.
There are people who think Harley Quinn doesn't look like Margot Robbie. Some people are just blind as ****.

There are people who think Harley Quinn doesn't look like Margot Robbie. Some people are just blind as ****.
Harley and the Joker are two of the best likenesses I've seen.

If HT does plan a 10th anniversary Ledger Joker figure, they need to use the sculptor that did the Leto Jokers.

Don't be silly, everyone knows it's not how it looks in person that matters. What's important is how it looks when photographed and zoomed in on a large monitor, then we all try to win the prize for 'person who see's the least percentage of the actor'.

Rule #1 of SSF: Never initially show satisfaction towards a sculpt out of hopes that it causes HT to alter it. That way if HT does alter it, we can complain about the alterations they made and how it looked better the way it was before. If they don't alter it, then simply concede how great the sculpt looks. :lol

giphy.gif

For those saying figures universally gets ragged-on now, then lauded when in hand... think of one thing; Leia.

From the beginning it worked, everyone agreed it was a good sculpt from the proto, and the final product turned out great.

People see what they see, but when it's correct, there is no disparity of opinion.

Agreed. And you can also add Murphy, Hermione, Trevor's Walter White, and many others to that list. I don't like to go around accusing people of being "blind" who don't see things the same way I do, but I do think there's an element of people seeing more than is there sometimes, or letting incredibly realistic detail and paintjobs convince them something has a better likeness than it does.

And I'm sure I fall victim to that too at times.

I think it looks great. I have no problem identifying what character this is intended to represent.

I just showed this picture to my wife. She instantly recognized the character but then said that it really doesn't look like him...and that's his best angle.

Me and my wife shook Mark's hand the other day, when I showed her this yesterday she said it looked great, so there must be some sort of resemblance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Who'd have thunk people would get the character in that picture. Guess the mechanical hand and jedi robes aren't clues at all...

When people get this in hand it will look and feel like a premium, luxury product, and people will be inclined to overlook the poor likeness. However, it is a poor likeness, and increasingly this sort of thing doesn't cut it anymore. I don't want an exquisitely painted sculpt of an old man with a beard, I want to see Mark Hamill in the same way that I see Harrison Ford in Jnix's custom sculpt.

Back