1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip! I have several older HT figs I had to remove the batteries from, but it's good to hear they've moved away from preloading in most cases.

I personally think in this case it's more to do with the market for high end collectibles than the rising cost of materials and/or engineering. I'm a pro business guy, but one has to recognize that were competition is limited and demand remains constant, prices rise. And they will continue to do so until the market (that's us, guys) finds an inflection point. That is to say a price point, over which demand actually begins to shrink. Once this point is determined, that's when you'll see price stability and not before.

Now, all that said, we're also seeing figures come out with more light up features, and sound, etc. These, of course, are also reasons for price increase. And also, with some figures very heavy with additional features, there will inevitably be some pricing socialization too. HT Vader, for instance, has both light and sound features (albeit some more annoying than valuable). Even though that was an expensive figure at $299, I would not be surprised if some of Liea's cost didn't bear some Vader expense in addition to her own.

So what I'm saying is that even though these pricing considerations are multifaceted, I think the driver is that prices will go up until we get to the point where we're saying "pass" more often than "I'm in". Sometimes the added features are not even that expensive to produce, but it's what the companies can point to to cover the market argument I just made.

So, for the record, I just took four paragraphs to say EXACTLY what SilverStar said in one sentence.

You're Welcome... (D'oh, five!)

:duff

At the same time though, as you kind of alluded to, you also get what you pay for. If companies are going to spend more on materials and spend more time to continue to improve the quality, then naturally, prices do have to increase in order for them to make a profit. However, as I said and as you concluded with, I still think it comes down to the consumer. Like you said, if they raise prices and find more people are saying "pass", then that's their cue to curtail prices.

What expression would they give him

Or

Either way that is going to interesting to see what HT comes up with

this sculpt is a feat for Hot Toys.

If the get this sculpt right, they can nail ROTJ Luke, head.

Definite purchase, next to farm boy Luke.

72fbbcaaa916dcdb0720b5975ec41e8a.jpg

geesh. father time is a real bastard.

What expression would they give him

Or

Either way that is going to interesting to see what HT comes up with

Probably the same, stoic closed mouthed expression they give most of their figures. So basically, not too far off from those images.

really looking forward to this one.

Jeez, I hope we get a lot more Luke in Ep VIII. Couldn't believe he got all of ten seconds in TFA and not a word of dialog. :slap

It's not like he was the main character of the previous three films or the emotional core of everything that was best about SW.:cuckoo:

really looking forward to this one.

Jeez, I hope we get a lot more Luke in Ep VIII. Couldn't believe he got all of ten seconds in TFA and not a word of dialog. :slap

It's not like he was the main character of the previous three films or the emotional core of everything that was best about SW.:cuckoo:
That's the main reason I'll probably always have a grudge towards Disney. I'm a big EU fan, and the Luke I knew was the Grand Master of the NJO. He didn't fail and go hiding on some isolated planet.

Hoping he'll become that Luke in Ep 8.

I'm not a fan of that Rey figure, but seeing this, if they happen to decide to sell them in a set I might consider that. If they don't... well I'll continue to pass.

As for Luke... I might consider since I bit the bullet and preordered the TFA Han and Chewie. It will come down to likeness and accessories though, I'm not sure if something changed with importing, but I'm not too thrilled with Sideshow's price hike on a few of the new Star Wars figures. And I'm sure that the popularity factor will play a role with Luke.

Back