1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one I'm probably gonna pass on unless it's amazing and the price is decent. Probably gonna wait for episode 8 Luke. We'll see. Episode 7 Han is, to me, ridiculously overpriced. If this is similar, I'll probably pass on him too.

If the sculpt is a clear miss I'll pass easily. If it's a home run, I'll buy it easily. I'm sure it'll be a tiny bit off, making deciding more difficult.

This is an instant buy for me. I've been wanting this Luke ever since I saw the movie and I'm confident Hot Toys will do well on it. Then again I'm not picky.

a615f58c0615d2a8ea42e87d4842c27c.jpg

Will he come with a cross and a crown of thorns?

This one I'm probably gonna pass on unless it's amazing and the price is decent. Probably gonna wait for episode 8 Luke. We'll see. Episode 7 Han is, to me, ridiculously overpriced. If this is similar, I'll probably pass on him too.

Can't imagine Hot Toys reducing prices, I think these prices are here to stay. Have to admit, makes it easier to pass on TFA.

Can't imagine Hot Toys reducing prices, I think these prices are here to stay. Have to admit, makes it easier to pass on TFA.

That's what really gets my goat. This stuff is getting pricier and pricier. In another 2 years, I'm thinking the barebones figures will be creeping up to 300. Small companies that were charging 120-140 are now more like 150-200 while hot toys is between 220-250 now. When will be the cap? Obviously sets, 2 packs, vehicles will always be crazy expensive. That I understand. But these standard single figures knocking on 300 seems nuts to me.

No one is buying the TFA TIE pilot and he's on the cheaper side. The basic price is still $220 and through SS you can get $20 off every month or consider it free shipping since they have expensive shipping. I think Han is the only outlier, don't think Luke will be quite that much. Probably $230. Maybe they considered Han as sort of two figures in one since they were throwing in the coat.

Not all figures are fantastic 10/10's, but when there are general improvements over time, prices are going to rise. That's just the way it is. A figure produced now that's twice as good as a figure made years ago won't be $180.

I do think certain figures are overpriced for being barebones, the DOFP Wolverine shouldn't have been $250.

Not all figures are fantastic 10/10's, but when there are general improvements over time, prices are going to rise. That's just the way it is. A figure produced now that's twice as good as a figure made years ago won't be $180.

I do think certain figures are overpriced for being barebones, the DOFP Wolverine shouldn't have been $250.

Painful truths. :goodpost:

If the sculpt is a clear miss I'll pass easily. If it's a home run, I'll buy it easily. I'm sure it'll be a tiny bit off, making deciding more difficult.

:exactly:

But... I REALLY want a TFA Luke.:gah:

I personally think in this case it's more to do with the market for high end collectibles than the rising cost of materials and/or engineering. I'm a pro business guy, but one has to recognize that were competition is limited and demand remains constant, prices rise. And they will continue to do so until the market (that's us, guys) finds an inflection point. That is to say a price point, over which demand actually begins to shrink. Once this point is determined, that's when you'll see price stability and not before.

Now, all that said, we're also seeing figures come out with more light up features, and sound, etc. These, of course, are also reasons for price increase. And also, with some figures very heavy with additional features, there will inevitably be some pricing socialization too. HT Vader, for instance, has both light and sound features (albeit some more annoying than valuable). Even though that was an expensive figure at $299, I would not be surprised if some of Liea's cost didn't bear some Vader expense in addition to her own.

So what I'm saying is that even though these pricing considerations are multifaceted, I think the driver is that prices will go up until we get to the point where we're saying "pass" more often than "I'm in". Sometimes the added features are not even that expensive to produce, but it's what the companies can point to to cover the market argument I just made.

So, for the record, I just took four paragraphs to say EXACTLY what SilverStar said in one sentence.

You're Welcome... (D'oh, five!)

Most anticipated figure for sure (and RoTJ Luke). Immediate pre-order. Cant wait to see it in person next week!
Yep, I'm in the very same boat.

A Hot Toys Luke Skywalker is hands-down my most desired TFA collectible and I'm already anxiously awaiting the pre-order.

Great news to be sure. And when the day comes that we see HT produce a ROTJ version of Luke for me to display alongside the TFA model, I'll be happier still.

So the batteries weren't preloaded? I'm in the process of working out which HT figs I need to de-battery.

They batteries for ANH Luke and are installed in his LS arm - you simply pull a plastic tab and presto! - light up feature! The other dozen figures I own were packed with batteries out.

Back