1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to wait for my points to apply from Rey/BB8 and Batman in a few months then preorder.

I have Resistance Rey on preorder, but I'm gonna wait for Episode 8 Luke. I'm sure he'll come with more accessories like his lightsaber. I heard there might be two outfits as well, so possibly two figures to choose from.

I think the sculpt is outstanding. The part that really sells it to me is the eyes, something where Hot Toys almost always comes up short. There's expression/emotion captured in a static pose, whereas most of their sculpts look like they're staring off into space. I can see more of Hamill in this sculpt than either Farmboy or Bespin Luke.

As far as the hair, they sculpted it in the only manner that makes sense. If they sculpted it to look wind-blown it would look ridiculous. I don't know, I'm completely happy with how this figure looks and I'm definitely going to PO him. I like the dio base but it would have been nice if Rey came with one too, where you could lock them together to actually recreate the final scene. She only comes with the standard Resistance base and the OCD in me won't be able to display with Luke's dio base.

Wait, what codes...? I thought Sideshow stopped the monthly codes. You two are confusing me. I haven't seen a monthly code in.... well, months.

I used it in early September to get Sideshow's Deluxe R2-D2 it was like $25 which really helped.

Wait, what codes...? I thought Sideshow stopped the monthly codes. You two are confusing me. I haven't seen a monthly code in.... well, months.

They have the ones Joe mentioned but they also have the $20 ones that work on pre-orders, they stick them on the boxes of orders. They're designed with that same one-time use format so you have to kinda claim one from another member who isn't using theirs on the spook/code thread. I got one with Rey/BB-8 that I'm thinking of using on Yoda or TFA Han. Kinda waiting to see production pics as I know those are both supposed to be somewhat imminent.

$230 means this is an easy pass for me. Good news I guess, other wise I probably would have gotten Resistance Rey too.

I think the sculpt is outstanding. The part that really sells it to me is the eyes, something where Hot Toys almost always comes up short. There's expression/emotion captured in a static pose, whereas most of their sculpts look like they're staring off into space. I can see more of Hamill in this sculpt than either Farmboy or Bespin Luke.

As far as the hair, they sculpted it in the only manner that makes sense. If they sculpted it to look wind-blown it would look ridiculous. I don't know, I'm completely happy with how this figure looks and I'm definitely going to PO him. I like the dio base but it would have been nice if Rey came with one too, where you could lock them together to actually recreate the final scene. She only comes with the standard Resistance base and the OCD in me won't be able to display with Luke's dio base.

I don't think the hair needed to look windblown, just a bit fuller like it, you know, looked in the movie.

My bet: the only thing this figure has that the next will not is the exposed mechanical hand. The Ep 8 one will likely be wearing a glove.

That's how HT gets ya. :lol

um riiight. how about a LIGHTSABER? dear HT. when you make a JEDI MASTER don't forget the god damn saber. i don't care if we didn't see it, you know he has one besides the one Rey is handing him. who the hell wants a lightsaber-less jedi master Luke?

otherwise i think this looks great!

As I figured nice figure but 3 types of robotic hands meaning the fingers are probably not articulated..surprised HT didn't take the finger articulation from the T-800 and capitalize it for Luke :slap

um riiight. how about a LIGHTSABER? dear HT. when you make a JEDI MASTER don't forget the god damn saber. i don't care if we didn't see it, you know he has one besides the one Rey is handing him. who the hell wants a lightsaber-less jedi master Luke?

otherwise i think this looks great!

Yeah, i'm thinking the same thing. Why bother doing the most iconic character without his weapon. There's a limit to screen accuracy, it's like they don't want us to have fun with this figure.

Headsculpt's ok... Would've been a nice add to get two swapable hairstyles (windy and normal). Also, it's a bit insulting that the coolest accessory (the base) is an exclusive. A backdrop like the other new figures have would've been a nice addition too.

It feels like this figure stole Poe Dameron's spot.

Yeah it's a shame. I would have loved to have gotten this if they captured just how awesome he really looked in that final scene, even with his very limited screen time (and the lack of accessories). But the final figure just isn't grabbing me in the same kind of way at all.

Luke-Skywalker-Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens.jpg

I have a feeling Luke doesn't have a lightsaber in the movie either. At the end of the clone wars(even at the beginning actually), Yoda was really against war & he regretted that when they had their most powerful student ever, they put him to fight a war. Maybe some of that rubbed off on Luke?

Back