1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt looks "good enough" to me. Even without the body, I'd still be able to tell it's an older version of Mark Hamill. It looks like they may have made a slight improvement to the skin in making a bit more weathered and not as smooth as it originally was. I think it could still stand to use a bit more weathering, but a slight improvement is still better than none. The hairstyle is still off though. As mentioned, still good enough to know it's Mark Hamill as an older Luke. It essentially looks like how the sculpt looks in those pictures a few pages back from a few weeks ago, where it did look a little improved. I thought it was pretty decent looking there.

I'm getting ROV Rey, so I'll be getting it. I'm one of those who do want to recreate the last scene of the film. However, my personal feelings are that both figures personally (ROV Rey and this Luke) are an easy pass if you're not planning on recreating the last scene. One figure seems to require the other, unless you're just a staunch fan of either character, of course.

Never really any doubt about purchasing him. I assume that he will have different attire in Episode VIII anyway. I could be wrong but i i want it regardless.

For those on the fence, Im sure this will still be available after we have seen a trailer for VIII, might give more indication of whether we will see this outfit again. I reckon our first glimpse will probably be jedi training?

Wouldn't be surprised if the opening quote in the first trailer for Episode VIII is a quote from Luke to Rey during her Jedi training.

I'm getting ROV Rey, so I'll be getting it. I'm one of those who do want to recreate the last scene of the film. However, my personal feelings are that both figures personally (ROV Rey and this Luke) are an easy pass if you're not planning on recreating the last scene. One figure seems to require the other, unless you're just a staunch fan of either character, of course.
Resistance Rey is an easy pass for me, but Luke is still a strong consideration. Wouldn't need to recreate the last scene to enjoy the Luke figure, plus he doesn't quite look how he did in that scene anyhow. He still does feel like a wait and see until the next version though. I like his parallel look with Old Ben though, not clear if he'll ever look like an old wise Jedi again.

Have to say I'm glad they didn't go with articulated fingers as that might have driven up the cost. Still looks cool though.

14444973_10153836406427344_6766565520403787234_o.jpg

My bet: the only thing this figure has that the next will not is the exposed mechanical hand. The Ep 8 one will likely be wearing a glove.

That's how HT gets ya. :lol

Resistance Rey is an easy pass for me, but Luke is still a strong consideration. Wouldn't need to recreate the last scene to enjoy the Luke figure, plus he doesn't quite look how he did in that scene anyhow. He still does feel like a wait and see until the next version though. I like his parallel look with Old Ben though, not clear if he'll ever look like an old wise Jedi again.

Have to say I'm glad they didn't go with articulated fingers as that might have driven up the cost. Still looks cool though.

I think they are articulated. I interpreted the three mech hands to indicate that you can move the fingers:

14468285_10153836406757344_1161147923900466150_o.jpg

Also, in that shot of the three mech hands, they don't show the half curled hand like they've been featuring in most poses.

Anyone know for sure?

I'm getting this for sure but I don't know about Resistance Rey yet. I want her but I don't feel like I need two versions of her and I'd rather get the set with BB-8. Part of me wishes BB-8 would have been a separate release.

I think they are articulated. I interpreted the three mech hands to indicate that you can move the fingers:

14468285_10153836406757344_1161147923900466150_o.jpg

Also, in that shot of the three mech hands, they don't show the half curled hand like they've been featuring in most poses.

Anyone know for sure?

From HT

Approximately 28 cm tall
-Three (3) pieces of interchangeable mechanical right hand including:
-One (1) right fist
-One (1) relaxed right hand
-One (1) gesturing right hand

I don't think you can argue that the likeness if perfect(at least from these photos), but you know it's going to look better in hand. And I really do think even from these photos that it's a nice job from Hot Toys:

5e1image.jpeg

I’m going to wait until at least tomorrow to use Sideshow’s October coupon code since I already used September’s code for Deluxe R2-D2.

Back