1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Luke Skywalker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hair is blown in that pic so it looks fuller than it should. His actual hair is pretty thin and flat, like in this pic

article-2704931-1FF30A2D00000578-350_306x423.jpg

I never expected this luke figure to have a lightsaber. Revealing Luke's saber design would be giving away a huge secret of episode 8. Disney not going to do this to appease hot toys customers :lol

It is cool but I too will not buy it. Rather have the DT or even wait to see what PFs pop out next.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a 12 month release schedule. One too many times I PO then something else I'd rather have shows up and then before I know it I have 5 POs.

I'll pose Rey in scavenger get up and Luke can have the saber. To recreate the scene just after the credits roll where he takes it back in his hands and ignites it again 😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hair is blown in that pic so it looks fuller than it should. His actual hair is pretty thin and flat, like in this pic

It appeared more messy than windblown to me. But either way I think it makes sense to show him how he actually appeared in his one and only scene in the movie. Instead of how he might have looked in some imaginary scene set in a cave or something.

I can't believe so many people are okay with the paying $230 before shipping and taxes for barebones figure. I paid that much for ANH Luke and he came loaded with accessories.

I can't believe people are expecting lots of accessories on a character who was in the movie for all of 3 minutes and who did nothing but take his hood down. What accessories were you expecting? :lol I mean they even included the dang ground he was standing on!!! :lol

Ill buy him from a place with free shipping and no taxes or I'll use a $20 couples on him from SS -- again no taxes plus $10 in rewards.

Wouldn't that wind blown hair look be difficult to achieve in a sculpt though? From the screenshot we can see the gaps between the strands of hair, but wouldn't it just look like thick hair in a mass out on the side if they tried to imitate this look?

I can't believe people are expecting lots of accessories on a character who was in the movie for all of 3 minutes and who did nothing but take his hood down. What accessories were you expecting? :lol I mean they even included the dang ground he was standing on!!! :lol

I wasn't expecting anything with him, I was simply noting that a barebones Luke Skywalker now costs as much as one that came loaded with accessories.

So I guess what I was expecting was a reasonable price tag.

I don't think you can argue that the likeness if perfect(at least from these photos), but you know it's going to look better in hand. And I really do think even from these photos that it's a nice job from Hot Toys:

5e1image.jpeg

Great comparison photo.

As I've mentioned before, I think the sculpt looks good enough. It could use some tweaks, but to me I very plainly see an older Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker. The biggest thing to me is the hair as I think it should be a bit more full, but at the same time, I would imagine that a wind blown look with sculpted hair might be a bit difficult to acheive and look good.

The skin does look improved to me though. I remember the initial photos of it looking really smooth and more pale. That could have just been lighting though.

I PO'd the figure earlier using one of those September codes that have been coming slapped on the shippers of other figures.

Hopefully they tweak the wrist, definitely off with the comparison pics.

I'm not sure there's anything they could do about that. I believe the fabric naturally slides up the arm a bit when you pose the arms in that position, exposing the joint of the wrist.

Pre-ordered & used my September $20 off code that came with the Rey & BB-8 2-pack.

*This was my most wanted TFA figure.

My second most wanted figure from TFA is the unmasked/final battle Kylo Ren which seems unlikely so I'm making due with the Creg Customs Driver sculpt.

This was an instant pre-order for me too. I also used the $20 off code which lessened the blow. It has been my most wanted TFA figure. I can't wait to display him with Obi Wan and Yoda.

The sculpt looks "good enough" to me. Even without the body, I'd still be able to tell it's an older version of Mark Hamill. It looks like they may have made a slight improvement to the skin in making a bit more weathered and not as smooth as it originally was. I think it could still stand to use a bit more weathering, but a slight improvement is still better than none. The hairstyle is still off though. As mentioned, still good enough to know it's Mark Hamill as an older Luke. It essentially looks like how the sculpt looks in those pictures a few pages back from a few weeks ago, where it did look a little improved. I thought it was pretty decent looking there.

I'm getting ROV Rey, so I'll be getting it. I'm one of those who do want to recreate the last scene of the film. However, my personal feelings are that both figures personally (ROV Rey and this Luke) are an easy pass if you're not planning on recreating the last scene. One figure seems to require the other, unless you're just a staunch fan of either character, of course.
Like me. I pick and choose characters but these two I won't skip out on. I think it's apretty good sculpt. I'm a sucker for the tailoring HT does with these star wars figures, especially the classic characters.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Yeah, this one marks the end of my TFA acquisitions.

Kylo Ren, regular Stormie, Jakku Stormie, Rey (wielding lightsaber), Rey (scavenger garb) & BB-8, ROV Rey, Han Solo and now Luke Skywalker.

Back