1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Just arrived today and I have to say IMO no need for the panic on chewie. I combed his hair and freed up some of it on his face that was over glued. I used some darker acrylics on the top of his head and arms. Will mess with him more tomorrow, but I think most will be happy with him. IMG_8848.JPGIMG_8849.JPGIMG_8850.JPGIMG_8853.JPG

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Cool pics Jaymig, i think chewie turned out good too.

Nice work! Up closer, because of the height of his moustache area, he almost looks like he has two moustaches though - an orangish one, and the black one you've painted, but from a distance it disguises (with an added moustache:lol) the problem pretty well.

Did you just use straight acyrlic paint, or watered down?

Watered down paint and his stash area is untouched. I haven't touch that yet but I think I'll darken the whole area to blend in the black stash that it came with

Last edited:
1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

That's amazing. The doll can act.

Exactly, and it has quite the range. From the mostly angry "Get off my lawn" to the more compassionate "Just don't mess up my lawn."

Watered down paint and his stash area is untouched. I haven't touch that yet but I think I'll darken the whole area to blend in the black stash that it came with

Did you comb his body fur out or is that pretty much stock? From other pics it seems like these have less body curls to them than the ANH figure had.

170303_1.jpg

I must admit that I was not a big fan of the out of the box look of this Chewie TFA. However the current display at Toy Sapiens in Japan seems to reveal that this Chewie too has some potential if you take time to mess with him. I will stick to my ANH Chewie nonetheless. Hope Han will arrive soon...

And another set of pix too - I spent a while trying to pinch down my Chewie's overly wide moustache. It seemed to work and while there's a rather flat-top gap between his upper lip and 'tache it's only really noticeable up close and personal. Gotta say I'm perfectly happy with mine now :)

Chewbacca (SW:TFA) by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

Han & Chewie - The Force Awakens by MiskatonicNick, on Flickr

Last pic. Love it. I'm beginning to like the colors more and more now more of the in hand pics show up.

Is Han’s head articulated at the head. Love his head sculpt but across the board he has a very stiff look. Chewie looks great in recent images!!

Is Han’s head articulated at the head. Love his head sculpt but across the board he has a very stiff look. Chewie looks great in recent images!!

He is 70 years old. When 70 years old you reach, look as good you will not.

He is 70 years old. When 70 years old you reach, look as good you will not.

I was just thinking the same thing! Harrison Ford looked pretty stiff in the film, so this is even MORE accurate! :)

And another set of pix too - I spent a while trying to pinch down my Chewie's overly wide moustache. It seemed to work and while there's a rather flat-top gap between his upper lip and 'tache it's only really noticeable up close and personal. Gotta say I'm perfectly happy with mine now :)

Yeah that looks pretty darn good! Mouth still looks a bit too low to me, but pushing that mustache area in definitely seems to help. And I know soaking the ANH mustache with water seems to help with pushing it in tighter, so people might want to try that with this figure too.

Who is going to be the first to drill through the Han body so that they can pose him with Kylo Ren sharing his lightsaber with him?... :wink1:

Back