1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

:lol Don't forget the "aaaahhhh!" sound effects!

There seemed to be an overabundance of "Wilhelm's" in ROTJ... Scout Trooper off of speeder bike, Dude that catches the pack of grendades in the hanger, Boba. Surprised the Emperor didn't throw one out there on his way down :)

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

At the rate HT is going, it's more a matter of which decade.:(

I know people are impatient with the batch of next figures, but I have about $2,000 worth of Hot Toys SW figures that I didn't have 2 years ago. It's easy to forget but the first figures they released (ANH stormies) were just a little over 2 years ago.

I know people are impatient with the batch of next figures, but I have about $2,000 worth of Hot Toys SW figures that I didn't have 2 years ago. It's easy forget but the first figures they released (ANH stormies) were just a little over 2 years ago.

$2000 sounds like it'd fill two Detolfs.

Now it's 9 HT figures. Or umm... 7 SSC figs at the new prices.:lol

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

:slap don't remind me.

giphy.gif

$2000 sounds like it'd fill two Detolfs.

Now it's 9 HT figures. Or umm... 7 SSC figs at the new prices.:lol

Yeah, I only counted 3 of the Stormtrooper variants (short, regular, sand; or regular, sand, space). But yeah, I'm less interested in seeing the Empire/Jedi versions of characters to be honest (obviously eventually), but would like to see them go a bit deeper in the ANH line, like Gonk, Tarkin, Death Trooper & Gunner, Snowtrooper Commander. That will be more exciting than if they jump over to Bespin Han/ROTJ Luke, figures we know they'll get to.

Also didn't count Boba or the TFA/RO figures, but have to say that Han is one of those figures that seems so good it makes you evaluate some of the other figures to see if they're really of that same caliber. T1000 hair and all.

View attachment 329253

I have about $2,000 worth of Hot Toys SW figures that I didn't have 2 years ago.

I wish I could say it was that low. :lol

Reminds me of a question on a morning radio show one time where they were asking if you were to add up the money you've spent on booze in your entire life, what do you think that total would be?

Anyone got a sideshow notice yet on these guys?

I for one don't mind HT slowing down on the releases. I was a bit behind starting on 1/6th about a year ago (I'm not a completist thankfully else I'd be bankrupt). Even so I've picked up 11 in that time, plus QMX Trek & LOTR Weta and have paid off FA Han & Chewie, Yoda on pre order & just picked up Obi Wan off ebay.
I have no doubt well see variations of Han, Luke & Leia at some point and characters such as the Emperor, Lando, Poe etc. So I'm in no rush....I need to eat too

I took the top half of the fat suit off of Han, after looking at Harrison's scenes in TFA again, I realized that it was just way too tight, his shirt is too tight, the way his jacket hangs just isn't right. In the film there is more "breathing room" on both the shirt and the jacket. It definitely looks better / more screen accurate in my opinion (no dynamic pose, sorry, I'm not Clipper King, though I wish I was):

7b94cf6ce3e5b808303f18c80ea4da8c.jpg
e97cfd9ba9f0ed0d0ee759973388faab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to tell but I think I do like it better without the fat suit.

Last edited:

Yeah the jacket does seem to look a bit less tight and small on him now, which is a nice improvement from before. Will definitely have to do that with mine.

Yeah, I only counted 3 of the Stormtrooper variants (short, regular, sand; or regular, sand, space). But yeah, I'm less interested in seeing the Empire/Jedi versions of characters to be honest (obviously eventually), but would like to see them go a bit deeper in the ANH line, like Gonk, Tarkin, Death Trooper & Gunner, Snowtrooper Commander. That will be more exciting than if they jump over to Bespin Han/ROTJ Luke, figures we know they'll get to.

Also didn't count Boba or the TFA/RO figures, but have to say that Han is one of those figures that seems so good it makes you evaluate some of the other figures to see if they're really of that same caliber. T1000 hair and all.

View attachment 329253

OT betrayists get all the financial misery they deserve.

:monkey3

:lol

I took the top half of the fat suit off of Han, after looking at Harrison's scenes in TFA again, I realized that it was just way too tight, his shirt is too tight, the way his jacket hangs just isn't right. In the film there is more "breathing room" on both the shirt and the jacket. It definitely looks better / more screen accurate in my opinion (no dynamic pose, sorry, I'm not Clipper King, though I wish I was):

7b94cf6ce3e5b808303f18c80ea4da8c.jpg

That is one sweet looking figure.:horror

OT betrayists get all the financial misery they deserve.

:monkey3

:lol

That is one sweet looking figure.:horror

The jacket needs time to have the effects of gravity (and futzing) do their thing. I did not remove the fast suit from the waist down.

Looks to me like the padding might need to come out of the legs too, assuming it doesn't leave the head looking a bit too big or out of proportion as a result...

Han looks great. Can you pose & snap a pic of him shooting Chewie in the face? Thanks.

Last edited:
Back