1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

I didn't realize you did that much work on the face. 'Restoration' sounds complex. But seems to be worthwhile when you have the talent. Yours looks very nice now. Are you happy with the lighter fur color now? It's not bad now I'm happy with it I know it's not perfect I'll have to make do until a better one comes along

What parts of the face did you 'color' with the fabric pen? The moustache, around his eyes and a little bit of his face made darker brown

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Han in the house!
9e25179f458acee52bcd782e0374818f.jpg

Wow - amazing. Can't wait.:yess:

Cheers for comments guys
I've took some pictures in daylight View attachment 328488

Direct sunlight on the last picture !

Looks awesome, james. You have some great skills - I still have the pics of your weathered Tama 3PO.:clap

Can you run through what you did? It seems like this has a fair amount of work - interested if others can follow what you did or if it's a bit much for average collectors.

How easy is the nose to remove?

Han has arrived. The leather jacket is nice & soft. The shirt collar is a stiff but can be worked with. tmp_20413-IMG_20170306_150215_621-946746959.jpg The sculpt is great, but you all knew that.

If young han solo wasn't so iconic and episode 7 would have been as memorable as the OT I'd be drooling all over that. Though I'll admit that wasn't harrison fords fault, but lazy writers.

If young han solo wasn't so iconic and episode 7 would have been as memorable as the OT I'd be drooling all over that. Though I'll admit that wasn't harrison fords fault, but lazy writers.

My feelings exactly. This is a great figure though, perfect likeness.

TFA was just-okay and didn't stay with me, but "better than the Prequels" ain't nothing, brother.:lol

Do what I do - think about this as an OT Han, just much older. Same with old Luke. It's kind of a cool "how did Luke and Han end up?" thing, and forget TFA.

Han is a great sculpt just like Rogue One Vader but I just can't have these new movies be displayed in my collection as it is the kid inside me and his love for the OT that make me spend $300 on action figures

Wow - amazing. Can't wait.:yess:

Looks awesome, james. You have some great skills - I still have the pics of your weathered Tama 3PO.:clap

Can you run through what you did? It seems like this has a fair amount of work - interested if others can follow what you did or if it's a bit much for average collectors.

Thanks for compliments

I did it with the brown fabric pen (pics) there's a big nib and a small nib the big one for the body I coloured the orange fur only.
The small nib for the face I went round the eyes with a grey pen and the moustache as well
I bought them off eBay

IMG_3801.JPGIMG_3802.jpgIMG_3803.JPGIMG_3804.JPGIMG_3805.jpg

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

TFA was just-okay and didn't stay with me, but "better than the Prequels" ain't nothing, brother.:lol

Do what I do - think about this as an OT Han, just much older. Same with old Luke. It's kind of a cool "how did Luke and Han end up?" thing, and forget TFA.

That's a good way to think of it as this is the best Han figure ever produced, so if you can come up with a rationale to get him, do it. I definitely get the "space is at a premium" situation but this should make the cut for any big Han Solo or Ford fan.

Most of my faults with TFA have little to do with the characters/actors, thought Ford was great and more inspired than any role he's done in the past 15 years (would have to see Crystal Skull again since I know he likes that role). I hope TFA, Bladerunner, and the next Indy give him a well-deserved resurgence.

9996470e009db157f8ad9e4e3ad873ee.jpg

f52a91f090680310b7c5afd1d2880870.jpg

98450a702d7d14c7ff69b7b4b1a75cc3.jpg

Nice side by side comparison. :clap

That's a good way to think of it as this is the best Han figure ever produced, so if you can come up with a rationale to get him, do it. I definitely get the "space is at a premium" situation but this should make the cut for any big Han Solo or Ford fan.

Most of my faults with TFA have little to do with the characters/actors, thought Ford was great and more inspired than any role he's done in the past 15 years (would have to see Crystal Skull again since I know he likes that role). I hope TFA, Bladerunner, and the next Indy give him a well-deserved resurgence.

9996470e009db157f8ad9e4e3ad873ee.jpg

f52a91f090680310b7c5afd1d2880870.jpg

98450a702d7d14c7ff69b7b4b1a75cc3.jpg

Looks like TFA Han has a metallic finish on his hair similar to ANH Luke. I love this idea and think it looks fantastic on both. It really makes ANH Hans hair look like dried dog poop.

It looks kinda glittery sometimes though. I probably would have preferred a flatter silver.

Agreed. Story issues aside, TFA still had some really fun and dynamic characters (which for me was the biggest thing lacking in the prequels), and seeing Ford play Han Solo again on screen was the absolute highlight.

Not to mention that he just looked really damn cool in the costume, which is more than enough reason for me to want to get this.

Looks like TFA Han has a metallic finish on his hair similar to ANH Luke. I love this idea and think it looks fantastic on both. It really makes ANH Hans hair look like dried dog poop.

Yeah and also like the hair on Bespin Luke. For some reason HT really seems to love that glittery golden hair color.

It looks kinda glittery sometimes though. I probably would have preferred a flatter silver.

Yeah and also like the hair on Bespin Luke. For some reason HT really seems to love that glittery golden hair color.

Yeah, the ANH Luke is definitely ol' coppertop (and Luke Bespin too - though it's darker and a little less metallic.) I can see why they do it, because hair can look a bit metallic under certain harsh lights and it does give it life under some types of display lighting, but to me it looks odd most of the time. ANH Luke literally has metallic copper hair.

I think Matrix69 (or maybe it was Jazz) did a repaint of the ANH Luke and it looked really nice. Wish I had the cajones to attack a HT head with a paintbrush.:lol

Okay, so here's my mini-review/first impressions (trying to cover stuff that hasn't been addressed).

Bear in mind these are to be viewed in the context of this being one of the best figures I've ever purchased. Mostly nit picks and things that are minor/don't necessarily other me but are worth noting.

The sculpt is fantastic. It doesn't look perfect all the time, looks a bit too angular sometimes, but it does often hit that home run status at certain angles. Silver hair up front is too glittery. Looks strange in some photos I took.

Shirt collar doesn't separate as far as it should. Would have been nice to open it a smidge more.

The Starkiller coat itself is nice but doesn't have any bulk and is designed to go over the regular jacket. Feels like this could cause damage to the regular coat if left in certain positions long term.

Gloved blaster hand doesn't hold blaster well at all. Have to really jam the finger in there to keep it from loosely dangling (maybe they wanted a quasi pointing hand/trigger figure hand).

Boots seem pretty thin compared to thigh area. Seems to look more natural when wearing winter coat.

Already mentioned: Jacket is very clean looking (but nice quality and soft, hope it lasts).

Barely comes with any hands (4 flesh, 4 gloves).

Okay, so here's my mini-review/first impressions (trying to cover stuff that hasn't been addressed).

Bare in mind these are to be viewed in the context of this being one of the best figures I've ever purchased. Mostly nit picks and things that are minor/don't necessarily other me but are worth noting.

The sculpt is fantastic. It doesn't look perfect all the time, but it does often hit that home run status at certain angles. Silver hair up front is too glittery. Looks strange in some photos I took.

Shirt collar doesn't separate as far as it should. Would have been nice to open it a smidge more.

The Starkiller coat itself is nice but doesn't have any bulk and is designed to go over the regular jacket. Feels like this could cause damage to the regular coat if left in certain positions long term.

Gloved blaster hand doesn't hold blaster well at all. Have to really jam the finger in there to keep it from loosely dangling (maybe they wanted a quasi pointing hand/trigger figure hand).

Boots seem pretty thin compared to thigh area. Seems to look more natural when wearing winter coat.

Already mentioned: Jacket is very clean looking (but nice quality and soft, hope it lasts).

Barely comes with any hands (4 flesh, 4 gloves).

Do the jackets feel like the pleather might deteriorate?

And what do you mean about the boots being to thin? You mean the pleather is too papery-thin, or the boots themselves look too thin overall in proportion to his body/pants?

Can the shirt be unstitched a little to open it up more?

The thighs are a bit beefy (autocorrect earlier) so the boots look too thin, as in proportional. They're thinner than the ANH boots, for example, so paired with the thicker thighs it stands out a bit.

Someone will unstitch the shirt and it will looks good. But probably won't be me. :lol It looks okay when it's opened, but could probably be eased up a bit more.

Can't speak to the jacket as I haven't seen one disintegrate before. I guess that's why they included the parka, for when the time comes. :wink:

Nice pics Ton Ton! Congrats on getting it early. I'm looking forward to this, and hopefully yoda soon. Everything else I have on order probably 3+ months away.

Back