1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

You really need to have this in hand, but here's what i did..
1.Remove neck plug and hinged jaw...both are held in place with glue but with a wee drop of boiling water pop out easy
2.Remove the upper mouth plate...again it's glued but can be removed easily enough
3.Sand down the top of the mouth plate so it sits further up
4.Cut in around the inside of fur/suit on the mouth plate so it doesn't bunch up when gluing it back in place
5.Sand down the plug on the lower jaw and realign it into place
6.Sand down the inside of the neck plug so that the mouth has more movement
Finally when it's all back together break out the hair gel and get styling:)

What an amazing difference! :clap

How much do you think you sanded down off the top of the mouth? Like one third of the height? Half?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode VII - Han & Chewbacca Collectible Figure

matrix, whenever you get a chance, would love to see a side-by-side of your two Chewbacca's.

What an amazing difference! :clap

How much do you think you sanded down off the top of the mouth? Like one third of the height? Half?
Yeah roughly one third or so(see below) and i also sanded the part(circled) that it attaches to.. View attachment 335283

You really need to have this in hand, but here's what i did..
1.Remove neck plug and hinged jaw...both are held in place with glue but with a wee drop of boiling water pop out easy
2.Remove the upper mouth plate...again it's glued but can be removed easily enough
3.Sand down the top of the mouth plate so it sits further up
4.Cut in around the inside of fur/suit on the mouth plate so it doesn't bunch up when gluing it back in place
5.Sand down the plug on the lower jaw and realign it into place
6.Sand down the inside of the neck plug so that the mouth has more movement
Finally when it's all back together break out the hair gel and get styling:)

Did you also paint/dye the fur? It looks like a different color entirely now - more orange/burnt sienna.

And did you individually glue on fur pieces onto the moustache, or just trim the stock moustache area and glue the whole thing on?

The modded chewy looks pretty spot on to me. If you take commissions, I'm sure you'll get a ton of requests.

Did you also paint/dye the fur? It looks like a different color entirely now - more orange/burnt sienna.

And did you individually glue on fur pieces onto the moustache, or just trim the stock moustache area and glue the whole thing on?
No i didn't use any paint or dye but i did add a few strands of the darker fur/hair(plucked from the back of the legs)to the moustache..
Stunning work. Above and beyond the Call of Nerdy. :horror
:duff
The modded chewy looks pretty spot on to me. If you take commissions, I'm sure you'll get a ton of requests.
I'm afraid i don't have the time to take/do commissions,but this figure should have looked a lot better out of the box. For me it's easily HT worst offering yet in the SW line and should never have left the factory. They should have concentrated more on getting the likeness right instead of adding the hinged jaw which is poorly executed and barely opens....then again maybe they'll get it right with TESB solo/chewie release:)

I have both versions of the Hot Toys Chewbacca's. Personally I think the Episode 4 version is better than TFA version when I put them side by side. There's something off about the mouth area in TFA version.

Please stop, you're killing us....

Translation: Please don't stop, we LOVE this Chewie and if HT had shipped him with your mods, we'd all be shouting "set of the year!"

Seriously stunning work, my friend.

P.S. Your last post notwithstanding, I just mailed my Chewie to you along with a postage paid carton for return shipment. You'll find some money taped to his nose...hope its enough.

:duff

Just received my TFA Chewbacca. First impressions are that I can be satisfied with this as my Chewie. I know it isn't perfect but I'm looking forward to futzing around with him to get him looking good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work as usual, matrix, whatever....

j/k -- awesome job! You always manage to blow us away.

Yeah this modded Chewie is awesome , and makes the final product only more shameful.

Back