1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see it being under $200. Rocket from GotG was around $160, if I recall. With Yoda being a more well known character, I would guess around $180-$185.

Good point have been brought up. A second sculpt of him with his eyes closed using the force would be neat. Rooted hair would also be great. Either way, I'll probably end up getting him regardless. Aside from the ANH line and my DX07, the only other OT figures I would want would be an ESB Yoda and RotJ Luke.

Looks good, but the robes definitely need to be a bit more frayed, especially around the cuffs. Looks more like his Jedi Council robes. Hopefully he comes with a bit of a diorama base too.

Really looking forward to Yoda. He's like the person i look to for advice when I'm lost and Empire version is the best.

Worried about the hair. Too often they make it too thick.

I'm sure it's already been suggested, but it would be awesome if they included an alternate expression of him using the Force. Because I know I'd definitely love to pose him that way.

In any case, glad to see we're getting another Yoda. I've really been wanting one but wasn't that crazy about the previous versions (or even the Medicom one people have been using as a fallback).

View attachment 262645

I don't know but to me I still love the medicom version. I gave him some hair redid his eyes and a body swap I still think it`s the best version out there. the hot toys version looks like it shares the same ss robes to thin and cheap looking. I think the medicom robes are the best looking so far out of the other two companies. I still have the ss jedi master yoda and I did not like it as it looked nothing like yoda. but the medicom sculpt still looks the best when customized a little. we have not seen the hot toys version of him yet just the lower half of him so it`s to be determine just my thought though.

Hopefully it will be under $200, but it all depends on how many accessories he comes with. Rocket didn't come with much, but they might do a special base or something with this to up the price.

I wonder what they'll include for accessories. Walking stick is a given and that little stove shown in the picture. Maybe the flashlight he finds in Luke's stuff. The backpack would be cool if he fits in it. I'm guessing he will have a Dagobah swamp style base too. Kind of disappointing that we didn't see more than the teasers for yesterday's reveals.

I wonder what they'll include for accessories. Walking stick is a given and that little stove shown in the picture. Maybe the flashlight he finds in Luke's stuff. The backpack would be cool if he fits in it. I'm guessing he will have a Dagobah swamp style base too. Kind of disappointing that we didn't see more than the teasers for yesterday's reveals.

The EX will be the snack box with the half eaten thing. :lol

A working flashlight - like the light up saber's - would be great; Empire's full of unobtrusive, poetic ideas like that.

I wish I could see the head-sculpt...

I wish I could un-see the robe (and the way-oversized pouch and way-undersized lantern.)

The robe just doesn't feel like something from a high-end Yoda figure, and the accessories show a lack of attention to detail.

While obviously the headsculpt's 98% of a 1/6 Yoda (and hopefully it's a bullseye because all previous 1/6 Yodas have not been,) this preview isn't all that encouraging other than the generic statement "Hot Toys is making a Yoda!"

I'm just going to bet this is at least $199.99. I just don't believe this iconic character won't be exploited. Well of course I'm going to get it!

I just hope the head sculpt isn't too 'heroic'. Obi-Wan is a great figure but they emphasised the 'warrior' aspects of his personality at the expense of his charm and wisdom.

I wish I could un-see the robe (and the way-oversized pouch and way-undersized lantern.)

The robe just doesn't feel like something from a high-end Yoda figure, and the accessories show a lack of attention to detail.
Can you really judge that from what we've seen? There was one picture that barely showed anything. As far as the robes go I'd give it some time before making a judgement. My guess is that the figure didn't go up for pre-order as its probably not entirely ready yet.

I just hope the head sculpt isn't too 'heroic'. Obi-Wan is a great figure but they emphasised the 'warrior' aspects of his personality at the expense of his charm and wisdom.

We better not get this...

wait-there-s-a-female-yoda-734656.jpg

:lol

You suit your avatar. :lol

It um... looks quite similar to yours. Psychopathic Emos unite!:rotfl

Can you really judge that from what we've seen? There was one picture that barely showed anything. As far as the robes go I'd give it some time before making a judgement. My guess is that the figure didn't go up for pre-order as its probably not entirely ready yet.

Not sure what you mean - the waist pouch and lantern (the accessories I was referring to) are clearly visible in the existing pic. :dunno And they are both a LOT off in terms of scale.

Sideshow has adjusted the robes on their Jawas from what was seen in the announcement pics, and has done outfit adjustmenst once or twice in the past, but I don't recall HT doing that. Yoda's robe is supposed to be falling apart and quite grimy. The trend with HT cloth outfits in SW so far has been little to no weathering - even desert hermit Ben got very little.

Back