1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have that yoda from medicom.i think so far it`s the best likeness by far. I don't care what all the haters think about it they will never be happy with any version but this one reminds me of the puppet from ESB until we see a visual shot of the hot toys yoda this is the one.

Jack Bauer said this would be in a two pack with a new ESB Luke, but if that's so I find it strange they didn't preview that at the same time.

I think he hinted at another bespin Luke. But I don't remember the 2-pack to be anything other than speculation.

Me neither, but I wouldn't be surprised. I have a HT Besbin Luke so I'll just get Yoda, I just hope I don't hasve to have it REPAINTED to actually represent the beloved Dagobah Yoda puppet. And I also agree, the Med Yoda is the best SO FAR.

I guessed you don't have this on your collection...

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_012907b.htm

For me this will be the benchmark for the sculpting for this figure.

I'll agree that's the best out there, but still not quite there...
latest

I'll agree that's the best out there, but still not quite there...
latest

I posted this a long time ago, and true it still be...

Here's ya choices, peeps:

SSC Jedi Master Yoda:

Danny-DeVito-Yoda--64503.jpg

Medi Yoda:

hqdefault.jpg

SSC Prequel Yoda:

af2632b95dd2d1cf9452e7affee50558.jpg

I posted this a long time ago, and true it still be...

Here's ya choices, peeps:

SSC Jedi Master Yoda:

Danny-DeVito-Yoda--64503.jpg

Medi Yoda:

hqdefault.jpg

SSC Prequel Yoda:

af2632b95dd2d1cf9452e7affee50558.jpg

funny. but I disagree the medi yoda is still top until I see proof from this hot version it wont change my mind. I agree that both sideshow attempts sucked I still have the jedi master and sold the PT version two years ago. and when I saw there first version of jedi master yoda it looked nothing like yoda. im sure once this gets reveled every one will complain about his skin is to dark or to light or his ears aren`t straight etc etc .

I'm sorry my suggestion upset you so much. Don't worry, I don't think Hot Toys pay all that much attention to my posts.

I wouldn't call the flashlight worthless though. It's symbolic of Yoda's function in the story, to 'light the way' for Luke (which is why we get that shot of him at the end of the scene, lighting the way through the swamp).

Yes! Gotta have that!

funny. but I disagree the medi yoda is still top until I see proof from this hot version it wont change my mind. I agree that both sideshow attempts sucked I still have the jedi master and sold the PT version two years ago. and when I saw there first version of jedi master yoda it looked nothing like yoda. im sure once this gets reveled every one will complain about his skin is to dark or to light or his ears aren`t straight etc etc .

People will hate him so much that he'll sell out! The more I've got into collecting these figures the more it seems that you can't make a judgement until you actually have it in hand. However people react to the prototype I bet most of them will over him when he arrives.

I have that yoda from medicom.i think so far it`s the best likeness by far. I don't care what all the haters think about it they will never be happy with any version but this one reminds me of the puppet from ESB until we see a visual shot of the hot toys yoda this is the one.

Agreed, Medi Yoda is nice.

I dunno, I just always felt there was something missing from the Medicom Yoda.

review_vcdyoda_13.jpg

If this is supposed to represent a Dagobah Yoda, the paint scheme is WAY off.

This looks dark green when the puppet Yoda used in the film was a much lighter green, sort of a mint green color. I hope HT corrects this because that is one of MY FAVORITE scenes in the entire trilogy and I have a Besbin Luke waiting to go with him.

I couldn't disagree more. The paint looks bang on perfect! And the neck wrinkles....very promising...

Star-Wars-Alternate-Ending-Vader-Father-Yoda.jpg

13138906_1024471457637089_9025718874845570022_n.jpg

I like what I see from the preview, can't believe all the crying without a full reveal. Surprised some of you emo bitches don't off yourselves as much as you cry over a doll reveal. :lol

How can a tiny thing like Yoda actually be a good fighter against human sized people and aliens? Lucas did a lot of unnecessary crap that made it hard to suspend disbelief.

I think I'd be terrified to go up against Yoda in a sword fight. He'd probably slice you in places you didn't even know you had before you could say fight! Being closer to the ground means you have an advantage against lower extremities. Not to mention how fast he was with the force. Major advantage.

Lucas always subscribed to the "let's take from all different cultures and legends and squeeze them into one movie" theme. Yoda is nothing more than the toad on the side of the road that everyone thinks is insignificant but turns out to be the wise old sage that teaches the hero a valuable lesson. Not really Lucas's original idea. Disbelief is disbelief though. I always believed he was powerful if he taught Obi-Wan. So why wouldn't I believe he was also a badass in his day.

Back