1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had mine gripped around the middle torso area for like a week and the gripper left some impressions in the suit in an almost museum pose. It'll probably bounce back but now I'm even going to be careful with where I put the gripper on this guy. Those pics of the black shoulder area peeling don't make me feel good either.

I had mine gripped around the middle torso area for like a week and the gripper left some impressions in the suit in an almost museum pose. It'll probably bounce back but now I'm even going to be careful with where I put the gripper on this guy. Those pics of the black shoulder area peeling don't make me feel good either.

The front shoulder is peeling as well. I posted a pic the other day, but no one seemed to give AF... :dunno

Just got a conversion email too. Joined the WL on 3/20.

Just looked at the SSC website and it’s not listed at all anymore. These must be the last ones they were holding onto for replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I joined on 25th of March for normal and 26th for deluxe version. It is getting close.

Seems like this figure was made to fall apart!! Even have to be careful using the stand…think I'm gone let me preorder go I've got the mms244 and I can pose him without any worries. I know what will happen I'll buy this one leave him in a museum pose and have to keep checking it over just in case

Thank you! And for the rep too!

It's a ganghood asian body (KO Bruce Lee - I reccomend avoiding Bubbly Bubble for the time being, not that they are a bad eBay retailer, but mine is tacky to the touch. If they replace it, I'll update it if the second is better - I don't want you to get one from a problematic batch) -$34

The jeans came from a shirt/pant combo which is you can find here, I picked it specifically for the slim jeans. -$19.99

The shoes are found here, they are not as pink as the picture makes them out to be on eBay - they are definitely converse maroon. Also available in a myriad of colors. They have real laces and are not beets, they need feet, which the GH body offers. -$12.50

The shirt is a trickier one - I found it randomly from a 1/6 military seller, it's a SuperMCTOYS Russian FSB Alpha 3.0 Sailor Shirt, I got it half as a test, half because I have a red one in real life. $7

You'll pay a hair more, but all of these are available from US retailers who offer $5 off three or more items (minus the MCToys shirt).

I tried to maintain a low key red/blue combo for Spidey reasons. In total I came out at $68 for what you see above, plus $7 for the surplus jacket I have coming. But I bought while I had an eBay coupon, plus the $5 discount on the Bubbly Bubble seller stuff, and I used the $5 off $25 retailmetnot cash back promo. So yours will probably be a bit more. You can utilize two of three of those discounts still.

Thanks man! Just scored a Spidey. Now going on the hunt for your bash - hopefully before the first SDCC pics show up and distract me again. :lol

From OSK...

37376164_1823205254426118_4444304794940604416_n.jpg

Thanks man! Just scored a Spidey. Now going on the hunt for your bash - hopefully before the first SDCC pics show up and distract me again. [emoji38]
Might just pick up that OSK set that was just posted! Much easier!

I was playing with my lifx bulb the other night and well...bet you never thought you needed a negative zone Spidey till now.
f25f3b3b76524d4c6aecbf4ce93c3464.jpg

Hey guys! Can’t remember if this has been addressed but I’m wondering if this something I should be concerned about on my figure. Seams like the stitching on one side is rather clean and neat whereas it’s not as clean on the other. Pics attached...

Thanks in advance!

F67F0A14-4299-469A-AE81-039682C844A3.jpg
B1DC9235-716B-4354-B5BE-FC71771AFBD1.jpg

Has anyone found a good picture of this guy in a classic Spider-Man squat? Is it possible to get him tucked in that position? It seemed like I could get the legs up higher than most Hot Toys, but was afraid to push it too far.

Hey guys! Can’t remember if this has been addressed but I’m wondering if this something I should be concerned about on my figure. Seams like the stitching on one side is rather clean and neat whereas it’s not as clean on the other. Pics attached...

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 418889

The stitching seems fine to me.

Well...if you wanna be super OCD about it, the red belt section doesn't exactly match up though...

And now you won't be able to un-see it! :lol

The stitching seems fine to me.

Well...if you wanna be super OCD about it, the red belt section doesn't exactly match up though...

And now you won't be able to un-see it! :lol

Hah! Thanks...you got me there. Seriously though. For the amount we pay, it’s a good way to keep from blindly buying when the figures turn out like crap. At least that’s my pathology on it. But who am I kidding. I’m hurting here with all of these releases.

Hah! Thanks...you got me there. Seriously though. For the amount we pay, it’s a good way to keep from blindly buying when the figures turn out like crap. At least that’s my pathology on it. But who am I kidding. I’m hurting here with all of these releases.

Oh, I totally agree with you 100%. These figures should be damn near flawless for the premium we are paying. To be fair, the stitching on the second photo you posted doesn't look as tight as the first photo, but I, personally, don't think it's a big deal.

But then again I'm waiting on a second replacement for my Spidey headsculpt... :lol

I think the bad side is the closing stitch, the CW Black Panthers had one good and one bad side also.

Has anyone found a good picture of this guy in a classic Spider-Man squat? Is it possible to get him tucked in that position? It seemed like I could get the legs up higher than most Hot Toys, but was afraid to push it too far.

This is the lowest I got him unfortunately, he can’t squat any lower

I owned this figure for less than 30 seconds yesterday :(. I bought it from my local comic shop. They had one on display which i paid for and they let me check it over and the seam on the right side of the body looked bad compared to the left. The guy was totally cool and said he was a Hot Toy collector himself and totally understood and gave me an instant refund. This is a real shame as I wasn't going to buy this figure because of all the qc issues I have seen online. Seeing this figure in real life looked amazing and I don't think I'd ever need to buy another spiderman figure again if I got it but I couldn't live with the seam looking like it did as it cost a lot and if I was to ever sell it in the near future I would have to explain it was like that when I bought it.... oh well i'll keep looking

That was my seam. My replacement body is in the mail heading my way. Dont settle but keep in mind this figure is getting hard to find and going up already in price.
5a228bc08903cab9f8b837bd1dbd5edc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 418889
View attachment 418890

All figures where the body must be stitched into the outfit have a hand sewn side. The nice clean side is where they used the factory machines to sew it together but the machine can’t sew it once the body is inserted. That has to be hand stitched. It’s never as clean as the machine side but some are better sewn than others.

Check any figure whose costume doesn’t have a zipper or a way to remove it easily from the body and you’ll find the same thing over and over again.

Thanks in advance!

The stitching on your bottom picture looks a little better than the stitching on my figure. As others have said, machine stitching versus hand stitched. IMO, it looks fine.

Back