1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, I like the suit, but not that ugly seam. Not the homecoming figure I’m regretting missing the retail on.

A new suit and a new chance at a better head are welcome.

Till then I’ll have Iron Spider to hold me over. It’s one of my favorite suits from the comic so I’m happy with that.

It’s the black bands that still keep me from loving this suit. I was going to try to take them off the suit but I’m too nervous I’d ruin the figure.

What happens to Sideshow waitlists when there's no way for it to convert? does it automatically cancel?

It will cancel eventually. They wait till all orders are fully paid and give time for returns/replacement then use the stock they held back for that(most of it anyway). Then they cancel any orders they can’t fill.

Shipped from bbts. Crossing my fingers for a good figure with no defects. I'll get a replacement and if not available return and just keep my asm2. But I want this figure bad;)

Sad to report that I have the white band showing underneath the costume on the head issue. My seam is pretty good but I'm bummed. It's not terrible from some angles but more so from others. I'm going to contact BBTS and see what they say. I'm leaning towards keeping him if they can't send me a new head but this sucks given the price of these figures. Not trying to rile up the community but in my opinion HT's shouldn't come with these QC issues. I don't expect it to be perfect and flawless, but the head is front and center.

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpg
    IMG_0820.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 314
Sad to report that I have the white band showing underneath the costume on the head issue. My seam is pretty good but I'm bummed. It's not terrible from some angles but more so from others. I'm going to contact BBTS and see what they say. I'm leaning towards keeping him if they can't send me a new head but this sucks given the price of these figures. Not trying to rile up the community but in my opinion HT's shouldn't come with these QC issues. I don't expect it to be perfect and flawless, but the head is front and center.

That sucks dude. Once again, I think this could have been avoided had HT simply bagged the head. I noticed when removing the clam shell that it was stuck to it. So, in my opinion, that's most likely what left that mark.

Looks like there’s going to be a few of them. I wonder if these have been sitting there in a warehouse for months waiting for the factory to make replacement heads. But instead of going through them all to find defective ones, they decided it would be cheaper to ship them all and just wait for the complaints. That way we do the QC for them and they just pop the new ones out in the post as and when the complaint is made (or not in some cases). Makes sense to me, could explain why we got emails telling us the figs were ready in February but nothing until june. They are also sending out the replacements super quick, like it’s fully expected.

Finally got mine here in the UK yesterday from ebay seller loontentoys. Seems like the longest wait ever for a figure, but the price i paid on pre-order for it was such a bargain.

Got mine today. Has a slight forehead thing but not sure if Sideshow will replace the head. Set him up with the HM suit and also built a Peter to go with them. Now I want for Iron Spider to join the shelf.
35889398_1692274767560127_596059877781012480_n.jpg

Replacement arrived today. Better stitch and no laddering and an extra set of eyes. Top job sideshow. New one is on the right.
Even replaced the yellow jacket and gave me the hoodie too so got a couple spare!
14baca4dca31c5e8d2fa6de635d59fcf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a replacement from SS but the webbing is quite crooked and the mask is very loose on the head creating a mohawk type look:

IMG_2409.JPG

Also got one in from Timewalker and it's the worst of the three. The head was stuck to the plastic shell and it pulled the whole figure out when I removed it.

IMG_3311.JPG

Got a replacement from SS but the webbing is quite crooked and the mask is very loose on the head creating a mohawk type look:

View attachment 414621

Also got one in from Timewalker and it's the worst of the three. The head was stuck to the plastic shell and it pulled the whole figure out when I removed it.

View attachment 414622

Cool, it's the punk Spidey headsculpt! :lol

I just shipped mine now from BBTS; I waited on Tarkin and had a (minor) QC issue but they had nothing to replace it with. So hope I can get ahead of things if there's anything wrong with mine.

I don't quite get how these are turning out worse than the first run, you'd figure things would be better if anything.

Having booked it in July last year, missing the first batch... my Spidey is on its way. Tracking says it’s in my area, so should have it this morning.

Got mine yesterday and it has minor shiny head syndrome. On closer inspection it looks like the paint on the fabric has rubbed off the micro bobbles.

I don't think the base head is shiny white underneath (most likely black), I think the glossy white that people are seeing is either the elastane or fabrics native colour (with paint rub).

Back