1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So excited to finally have him in hand! I think I got pretty lucky with the head. It did stick to the packaging so I took my time to remove it.
2c68914fc8a50536e4e7a29f4ac0cede.jpg
7ac067df7ac40575dc29fd3a383682c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got mine today. Has a slight forehead thing but not sure if Sideshow will replace the head. Set him up with the HM suit and also built a Peter to go with them. Now I want for Iron Spider to join the shelf.
35889398_1692274767560127_596059877781012480_n.jpg

Nice pic! What parts (specifically the body) did you use to make the Peter Parker? I am thinking about doing the same.

Hey guys,
I just opened up the brown shipper to take a look. Without opening up the seal mine looks good. I don't see the shiny issue or the white band problem. The seam also looks pretty good from what I can tell. Everything looks pretty smooth. There is plastic on the backside of the head, but I assume that's normal.

Is this something I should be able to tell looking through the display window or do I really need to take it out to inspect it?

I don't really have my display set up yet so I've kept most of mine in the shippers.

Thanks for the advice.

Just opened mine as well. From the get go, it’s an awesome figure (I so wanted to say amazing).
Can’t see anything wrong with it at all.

I did find the instructions to be a little ironic. You’re told not to put any sharp objects near the suit... then you get to see how the wings attach... those wing tips are pretty sharp!! Haha. That said, they go on really nicely.

I’ve sort of dumped poor old Spidey into a section of the cabinet all on his own. I’ve been keeping my Dr. Strange boxed up, as I want these guys to display side by side.

50C73368-0BE9-40C1-82EA-B73C3810DA1C.jpg

After seeing madnug’s pop at Peter, I was inspired to change direction.
I was looking for a body, when I found that I had black suit Spidey. I forgot I had that.
Anyways. I’d recently ported my 9th Doctor over into a taller body, and decided to try his original one.
Seemed to go together nicely. The trousers are a touch long, but they’ll do for now.

7A5CB592-BE56-42E6-8617-0D86A916335E.jpg

38EFA2E2-176F-4834-AF73-7D80544B5957.jpg

Hey guys,
I just opened up the brown shipper to take a look. Without opening up the seal mine looks good. I don't see the shiny issue or the white band problem. The seam also looks pretty good from what I can tell. Everything looks pretty smooth. There is plastic on the backside of the head, but I assume that's normal.

Is this something I should be able to tell looking through the display window or do I really need to take it out to inspect it?

I don't really have my display set up yet so I've kept most of mine in the shippers.

Thanks for the advice.

I think you'll need to open it up to make sure because when I first received mine, it looked fine from the see-thru plastic display, however there was still a little bit of glare so you don't get 100% accuracy. It was only when I took out of the box that I noticed the white mark/defect on it.

I'm getting an entirely new figure (box and everything) from BBTS for the defects on the masked head. It doesn't sound like they can just do replacement parts like SS. I've got my fingers crossed the next one is better!

I'm getting an entirely new figure (box and everything) from BBTS for the defects on the masked head. It doesn't sound like they can just do replacement parts like SS. I've got my fingers crossed the next one is better!

Hmm...that's interesting. I feel like that'd be more cumbersome and more costly for them, but I guess they don't have replacement parts. If that's the case it's a roll of the dice again then. Good luck.

Do you have any more pics of the defects? I looked at your pics above and it looks more shiny than white band. So I was hoping you had more straight on or no flash pics that show it.

Do you have to send them back the bad figure

Do you have to send them back the bad figure

Yes. It's essentially an exchange. It's a gamble though because I could end up getting one that is worse. While there are many with issues, there seems to be as many that are okay. Im optimistic that the next one will be fine.

Do you have any more pics of the defects? I looked at your pics above and it looks more shiny than white band. So I was hoping you had more straight on or no flash pics that show it.

No flash in these photos. It looks like a white piece of plastic. Maybe they put it there to protect the head when they're sewing the mask together? It's more the placement of it right on the front of the head. It is about lighting though because it's much less visible in low light from some angles. Mine was not as bad as some others have posted on here.

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 179
Would timewalker likely offer a replacement in your situation?

Timewalker has said that they're reaching out to SS and will let me know soon.

SS sent me a replacement head worse than the original I received and is surprisingly sending me a third.

Unfortunately, I think the head is just poorly designed. I'll be surprised if the replacements I get are better than what I've already received. 0/3 so far. Not good odds.

Yes. It's essentially an exchange. It's a gamble though because I could end up getting one that is worse. While there are many with issues, there seems to be as many that are okay. Im optimistic that the next one will be fine.

So do you have to send them your defect first then they send you the new one

So do you have to send them your defect first then they send you the new one

Yeah I think that I had to in order for them to send the new one. I dropped it off this morning and should get the new one around the middle of next week. I’ll report back on the condition of the new one.

Got this guy in the mail today. I carefully started to lift the clam shell and noticde the head was stuck to the plastic. Put a hair dryer on it and after about 2 seconds the head un-stuck. The seam is annoying but at least there was I was able to avoid damage from having to force it apart from the plastic. Thanks to everyone for the heads up on the issue.

Now I need to look around at what poses people have gotten this guy into so I can steal them :).

So this issue of the head being stuck to the casing, how is this ruining the head :dunno

Because when you remove the clam shell it forces the head up and you are therefore pulling on the fabric and messing up the texture of it once the clam shell is off.

The best analogy I can give is when you're sitting on a leather seat and when you get up your skin is stuck to it and it ends up tugging at your actual flesh...now translate that to HT quality fabric... :slap

Back