1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also will be waiting for a costume redo. While this has grown on me, there all still aspects of the design I don't like. I still prefer the ASM2 costume which I have, so I'm fine with that for now. Spidey is one of my top 5 Marvel characters, but 1 version in the collection will suffice.

I'll probably regret not buying this at some point, as I usually do.

I'm exactly the same. Love my ASM2 figure but expect possibly the next iteration of this Spiderman to be better again. Better suit, better logo etc.

One figure per character is also my limit. And then just the core members which I like the most. Gotta keep this obsession a bit under control somehow.

P.S you'll only regret this one until the next one is teased.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I wouldn't trust any sellers regardless. It's their intention to gain more business, and to keep your money. I'm just astounded that people would believe what others say. Everything else is just noise except for Hot Toys themselves.

Pretty sure that comment was aimed at me, that was what I was told by that seller. I'm just as disappointed as anyone else that it's not looking like the case. Hot Toys generally never vocalise anything when it comes to delays in shipments. It seemed (no pun intended) like a reasonable reason for the delay. I would also think it would be reasonable to assume that a Hot Toys distributer would (potentialy) have more information on shipment dates than the end users on a forum.

Pretty sure that comment was aimed at me, that was what I was told by that seller. I'm just as disappointed as anyone else that it's not looking like the case. Hot Toys generally never vocalise anything when it comes to delays in shipments. It seemed (no pun intended) like a reasonable reason for the delay. I would also think it would be reasonable to assume that a Hot Toys distributer would (potentialy) have more information on shipment dates than the end users on a forum.

If it was aimed at you, I apologize, I did not mean it that way. All I"m just saying just to taking all the rumors with a grain of salt. Unless Hot Toys themselves confirm it. :)

If it was aimed at you, I apologize, I did not mean it that way. All I"m just saying just to taking all the rumors with a grain of salt. Unless Hot Toys themselves confirm it. :)

No harm done :duff I agree with you. Who knows what the real reason is. I've had this on order since the end of December and the wait is painful. Hot Toys schedules are like dog years sometimes.

It wasn’t directed at anyone specifically and the point wasn’t really about you it was more about the seller you got the info from who was clearly just making stuff up. By the time he told you why there was a delay the final batch had already released in Hong Kong and photos where out showing it wasn’t delayed to fix the seam as they all had it as well. Also, that seller isn’t a distributor he’s a reseller. No different then any local comic shop that sells.

It wasn’t directed at anyone specifically and the point wasn’t really about you it was more about the seller you got the info from who was clearly just making stuff up. By the time he told you why there was a delay the final batch had already released in Hong Kong and photos where out showing it wasn’t delayed to fix the seam as they all had it as well. Also, that seller isn’t a distributor he’s a reseller. No different then any local comic shop that sells.

I see, that's fair enough then. Cheers.

I see, that's fair enough then. Cheers.

Wasn’t trying to call you, or anyone else out. Not intentionally anyway. I’ve posted things I’ve heard from people I know as well, but I try to make it clear it should all be (by me or anyone else) as rumor or speculation. I’m wrong more then I’m right I’m sure. But the people I get my info from I know have access to stuff others don’t. But that doesn’t mean they are always relating direct info and not their own speculation, or that things change. The place I got the info that the Thor Ragnorok figure was releaseing in a few day time of my post was a blogger who had received the figure from hot toys to do release day photos. So I was fairly confident, having seen this person with the figure. However a couple times in the last few years they had either told me a figure was be revealed or released next or imminently and where wrong. So even the best “source” can be wrong.

A few years ago there was a Con where they had a reported 1/6 Giant man with the whole civil war battle scene with a Star Wars Battle scene with chicken walkers and the Rey bike and a few other new things and a month or two before the con I reported that I had heard about those things being there..and at that time there where no teases for any of that stuff from anyone or anywhere..and that I heard that Spider-Man would be part of that figure display and a Jedi Luke part of the Star Wars stuff. Neither of those where there, and the giant man turned out to just be a 1/1 ant man statue. The rest was there and just how it was described to me over a month in advance. Now the person(s) I got my info from where spot on almost everything so clearly they didn’t make it up. But for whatever reason not everything panned out. And these people worked directly for hot toys. And they still got stuff wrong. So until it happens or is official just take it all as rumor or speculation and you won’t get to upset if it happens or doesn’t.

Wasn’t trying to call you, or anyone else out. Not intentionally anyway. I’ve posted things I’ve heard from people I know as well, but I try to make it clear it should all be (by me or anyone else) as rumor or speculation. I’m wrong more then I’m right I’m sure. But the people I get my info from I know have access to stuff others don’t. But that doesn’t mean they are always relating direct info and not their own speculation, or that things change. The place I got the info that the Thor Ragnorok figure was releaseing in a few day time of my post was a blogger who had received the figure from hot toys to do release day photos. So I was fairly confident, having seen this person with the figure. However a couple times in the last few years they had either told me a figure was be revealed or released next or imminently and where wrong. So even the best “source” can be wrong.

A few years ago there was a Con where they had a reported 1/6 Giant man with the whole civil war battle scene with a Star Wars Battle scene with chicken walkers and the Rey bike and a few other new things and a month or two before the con I reported that I had heard about those things being there..and at that time there where no teases for any of that stuff from anyone or anywhere..and that I heard that Spider-Man would be part of that figure display and a Jedi Luke part of the Star Wars stuff. Neither of those where there, and the giant man turned out to just be a 1/1 ant man statue. The rest was there and just how it was described to me over a month in advance. Now the person(s) I got my info from where spot on almost everything so clearly they didn’t make it up. But for whatever reason not everything panned out. And these people worked directly for hot toys. And they still got stuff wrong. So until it happens or is official just take it all as rumor or speculation and you won’t get to upset if it happens or doesn’t.

Time flies. I remember that like it was yesterday. I remember you caught a lot of heat for that.

Hey does anyone know or think that Big Bad Toy Store is still going to get this guy in? I hope they are still going to get a shipment in soon.

Last edited:
Hey does anyone know or think that Big Bad Toy Store is still going to get this guy in? I hope they are still going to get a shipment in soon.

Still waiting from BBTS also; I think SSC is or has gotten some more deluxes now and so hopefully not too much longer for them to get them from SSC.

I chatted with SSC earlier today and they told me June 18th. Take with a grain of salt.

If that's the case then by the 4th of July I might get him in hand! So crazy, when I saw him on New Years Day in HK I didn't think it'd be 7 months until getting him in hand.

yeah man, looks pretty good, i think. Though, the glasses are HT :)

Nice! I was unconvinced by the snapshot that they advertise him with, but I think I'm going to replace my Mechanic Tony with one of these. How does he stack up to the normal HT Tony he's been recasted from (assuming you have one)? Would be the Mk 47 or Mk 46 I think

dude, you really should get one, since the recast is very good! I can post comparison pix later on. I have both Hot Toys Tony-hs, Mk 47 and Mk 46. You can see the slight difference only in the fine hair. Otherwise great paintjob!

Back