1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else who ordered the Deluxe from Sideshow not gotten any kind of shipping notice yet? Mine said “February” when I ordered it, but my confirmed order has just been sitting around unshipped. I’m worried they somehow missed me or something...

Has anyone else who ordered the Deluxe from Sideshow not gotten any kind of shipping notice yet? Mine said “February” when I ordered it, but my confirmed order has just been sitting around unshipped. I’m worried they somehow missed me or something...

Your not alone. I'm still waiting

giphy.gif

I ordered from Sideshow and mine got delivered last week actually. Hope yours comes soon!

When you bend the knee like that, can you like pull the fabric back from the knee so it doesn't get stuck/torn like that?

After reading the last few post about the costume issues, I don't want this figure anymore.. smh. Seems like you can't have fun with this figure without damaging it. And you guys have some amazing poses. As soon as I get it I'm selling. Hope the avengers suit is better. I needs me a spidey

After reading the last few post about the costume issues, I don't want this figure anymore.. smh. Seems like you can't have fun with this figure without damaging it. As soon as I get it I'm selling. Hope the avengers suit is better. I needs me a spidey

It’s always gonna be an issue. But if you change the pose up and keep it in the right environment it will last a long while. But creasing and permanent marks will always be an issue. It would be with any fabric material really. If you wore the same pair of tight jeans and kept it in the exact same position on your body for days at a time it’s gonna crease. The full size suits have the same issues, which is why they have ten suits made.

This was an issue for some on the Spider-Man 3 figure, both ASM figures, Superman (mos), Batman, vision. But it doesn’t get damage for everyone. I’ve got all of them and they are all on display and they all get posed. Just gotta change it every so often and the suits bounce back and are fine.

I don't have a creasing problem with my bvs Batman, evil superman or deadpool. I understand what you're saying but they don't all do what this figure does. Even my amazing Spider-Man suit creased but always came back in place. I'm seeing holes and tears with this figure. It's bad

I don't have a creasing problem with my bvs Batman, evil superman or deadpool. I understand what you're saying but they don't all do what this figure does. Even my amazing Spider-Man suit creased but always came back in place. I'm seeing holes and tears with this figure. It's bad

But people did report that the deadpool tore, or creased, same as the others. My homecoming Spider-Man has been in dynamic poses since I got it and I’ve had zero issues. Your basing your choose on the reports of others, and my point is that the same number of people reported cracking, testing, rips, or creases with nearly every other fabric figure. So read the first few pages after all those other figures released and you’ll find the exact same issues reported there as here. If your waiting for a figure where no one has issues or talks about potential issues your never getting a figure. It happens every time.

So...that's more of a mechanical issue than a materials issue. Something about the way those joints are constructed is chewing into the suit. Because this material doesn't seem any different from ASM2.

But people did report that the deadpool tore, or creased, same as the others. My homecoming Spider-Man has been in dynamic poses since I got it and I’ve had zero issues. Your basing your choose on the reports of others, and my point is that the same number of people reported cracking, testing, rips, or creases with nearly every other fabric figure. So read the first few pages after all those other figures released and you’ll find the exact same issues reported there as here. If your waiting for a figure where no one has issues or talks about potential issues your never getting a figure. It happens every time.

Okay my man..whatever you say. I'm experience enough to know that these come with issues. I'm not looking for a perfect figure, I have over 40 hot toys. It's a Spider-Man figure and should be able to do dynamic poses without fear of tearing the suit. Imo I'm seeing more rips and creases than the usual figure made with this material..not just here, on facebook groups as well. I dont have it in hand yet so i cant give a real opinion til i do..glad to see you back. I absolutely do not want to get in a debate with you..lol

I'm going to use some of the foam inserts that come packaged under the arms of the figure to put behind the knee whenever I pose him with a bend knee. That might help some.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice! Would love to see some pictures of that. Maybe try to make sure they’re not too thick though. Don’t want to stretch out or warp the suit.

I'm going to use some of the foam inserts that come packaged under the arms of the figure to put behind the knee whenever I pose him with a bend knee. That might help some.

I thought of that also (and wonder why HT didn't do something similar) but I thought the costume was not removable?

It's not. I was just going to place it on the outside of the suit where the leg would be pitching the suit behind the knee.

Huh? I fail to see how putting anything on the outside will help the suit.

Huh? I fail to see how putting anything on the outside will help the suit.

If the issue is the suit getting pinched due to a design of the leg issue using a foam piece could (could) prevent some of the pinching.

It's not. I was just going to place it on the outside of the suit where the leg would be pitching the suit behind the knee.

The suit is catching inside the gaps of the leg joint and the plastic edges of that joint are shearing the fabric from the looks of it. The best way to prevent this would be to replace the entire body with a seamless one. Another way would be to just replace the knee joints of the Spidey body with seamless joints, while you're at it, you might as well replace the elbow joints as well. Then your only issue would be severe permanent creases from extreme posing.

Back