1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pic is pretty rough. This is one figure I would not ever buy used.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Uh oh..saw this on FB..

He said after 10 days being in a dynamic pose

If you notice, it's only right behind the knee joints, nowhere else. Plus, the tears are pretty much in the same place, almost in a square, on both knees. This is the fabric getting caught in the knee joints, and would have happened after ten minutes, ten days or ten months. Doesn't matter how long the figure is posed in a position, if you're not super careful, this could happen to any figure.

I'm not saying this is ok or justified, but at least this is behind the knee where you'll likely never see it anyway. I would imagine the figure will be fine over and just needs to be handled very delicately.

If you notice, it's only right behind the knee joints, nowhere else. Plus, the tears are pretty much in the same place, almost in a square, on both knees. This is the fabric getting caught in the knee joints, and would have happened after ten minutes, ten days or ten months. Doesn't matter how long the figure is posed in a position, if you're not super careful, this could happen to any figure.

I'm not saying this is ok or justified, but at least this is behind the knee where you'll likely never see it anyway. I would imagine the figure will be fine over and just needs to be handled very delicately.

Agreed. It definitely looks like the material got pinched during poses. Just have to be careful when posing unlike the person who posted the photo..their loss.

Is the figure wearing a body suit under the costume? I guess theres no way of knowing. There needs to some sort of insulation between the joints and the fabric

Thanks for pointing out that it is behind the knee, not sure why that wasn't obvious, but I had missed that. I'm not sure though if it would have happened regardless of how much time the figure was in the position it was in. I am not saying it couldn't of happened in 10 minutes, but it's hard to really determine if the creasing of the material is more from being "pinched" in a moment or staying "pinched" over a longer period of time. Either way, while a deep knee bend potentially stretches the fabric on the front of the knee it of course will bunch up material behind the knee and it's clear the material is not very resilient when it comes to maintaining its shape when over stretched or compressed.

I saw that on FB too. Is 10 days really a 'prolonged period of time?' I agree this looks pinched and probly would have happened no matter what, but without definition 'prolonged period' could mean anything. I try to repose my figures, but 10 days would be quick for me to go back and repose stuff.

I saw that on FB too. Is 10 days really a 'prolonged period of time?' I agree this looks pinched and probably would have happened no matter what, but without definition 'prolonged period' could mean anything. I try to repose my figures, but 10 days would be quick for me to go back and repose stuff.

You are right could mean a day or even an hour? 20 minutes? Who knows. I am sure there may be other factors like humidity that play a role too, but bottom line it looks like dynamic poses are out except for maybe a few quick pictures. But, while I like to take pictures sometimes, I collect these to have posed on my shelf, not to take pictures of so the real limitation of not being able to pose Spider-Man dynamically as part of your display is disappointing. I still think it looks beautiful and there are a few nice options to pose him without bending knees or elbows or elbows much and I still can't wait to get him, but it does stink to have this issue.

It's obvious that would happen. There's reasons why HT say not to do what causes it.

Yes they do say "not to do it"; BUT they only tell us not to do it in the instructions inside the box. In the meantime all the promo pics they use to sell the figure, including the picture on the outside of the box shows him in poses you could never display him doing without damaging it (according to the instructions). If someone wasn't in a group like this one, or had prior experience, they would have no idea you could not display him the way they show him being posed until after they bought it. It's not really up front of them and they don't shy away trying to sell him with pictures in poses it can't be left in.

Is the figure wearing a body suit under the costume? I guess theres no way of knowing. There needs to some sort of insulation between the joints and the fabric

Ironhulk’s review suggests there is a padded section around the chest area

Preordered mine with Sideshow. It's cool that if you paypal, you only have to deposit the initial fee. After seeing the ebay prices, it's still cheaper for me with the duties to Canada. Now, onto getting Bespin Luke and Leia while I happily wait for Spidey

Yes they do say "not to do it"; BUT they only tell us not to do it in the instructions inside the box. In the meantime all the promo pics they use to sell the figure, including the picture on the outside of the box shows him in poses you could never display him doing without damaging it (according to the instructions). If someone wasn't in a group like this one, or had prior experience, they would have no idea you could not display him the way they show him being posed until after they bought it. It's not really up front of them and they don't shy away trying to sell him with pictures in poses it can't be left in.

Absolutely good point however it happens time and time again across the board.

McDonald's hamburgers for instance.

It's obvious that would happen. There's reasons why HT say not to do what causes it.

I agree. It's common sense. Do we really need HTs to tell us they haven't invented some magical material that has unlimited elastic properties with the ability to return to its pre-stretched state no matter how long it's deformed?

Spider-Man is incredibly dynamic. Human beings are dynamic. Our clothes move with us dynamically. But now we expect a STATIC figure to hold a DYNAMIC pose for days without repurcussions?

Just to put it into perspectice, muscles are the most elastic structures we have on our body with the ability to return to its "normal" resting length. Yet, it can be lengthened by simply doing a few repetitions of STATIC stretches for 30 seconds a day.

We expect 1/6 scaled material based on a mostly CG suit to do better?

I agree. It's common sense. Do we really need HTs to tell us they haven't invented some magical material that has unlimited elastic properties with the ability to return to its pre-stretched state no matter how long it's deformed?

Spider-Man is incredibly dynamic. Human beings are dynamic. Our clothes move with us dynamically. But now we expect a STATIC figure to hold a DYNAMIC pose for days without repurcussions?

Just to put it into perspectice, muscles are the most elastic structures we have on our body with the ability to return to its "normal" resting length. Yet, it can be lengthened by simply doing a few repetitions of STATIC stretches for 30 seconds a day.

We expect 1/6 scaled material based on a mostly CG suit to do better?
But HT advertises it as a dynamic figure. It's one thing if the figure was more like a power pose where it clearly is meant to hold a certain pose.

It is a great looking figure but can't help feeling slightly misled. It isn't the wrinkling. The material wears off after bending the knees for 10 days. What about 1 year in a much less dynamic pose?

I guess time will tell.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I HATE seeing stuff like this, which is even worse when the figure hasn't been received by the majority of collectors. Another example of a HT anti-action figure?!

Back