1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the Spider-Man suit was only CGI for Civil War and was a real suit for Homecoming?

Yes Holland had an accurate costume on set for Homecoming, unlike what was completely replaced with CG in Civil War. But even in Homecoming the costume is heavily touched up with CG in the film making what we see on screen better than what he actually wore; wrinkles removed, fit tweaked, anything unflattering "fixed", and I am sure a lot of the eye effects were done in post too. Here is a picture of Holland on set in his costume. We can see that it is the right costume, but if you look closely he doesn't look quite as good as he will when we see him in the movie.
image-4.jpeg

I thought the Spider-Man suit was only CGI for Civil War and was a real suit for Homecoming?

It was both in Homecoming. He had a practical suit for some scenes but a lot of it was still CG, and based on the special features, it sounds like the eyse were always CG.

Do these figures come with the insta Kill eyes?
I’ve seen them in photos but they’re not listed or shown on the Hot Toys page or product list.

It was both in Homecoming. He had a practical suit for some scenes but a lot of it was still CG, and based on the special features, it sounds like the eyse were always CG.

His eyes were CG because Holland would walk around the set with the mask on but no eye lenses every time they would film a scene where his lenses are supposed to move.

Yes Holland had an accurate costume on set for Homecoming, unlike what was completely replaced with CG in Civil War. But even in Homecoming the costume is heavily touched up with CG in the film making what we see on screen better than what he actually wore; wrinkles removed, fit tweaked, anything unflattering "fixed", and I am sure a lot of the eye effects were done in post too. Here is a picture of Holland on set in his costume. We can see that it is the right costume, but if you look closely he doesn't look quite as good as he will when we see him in the movie.
View attachment 385593

Holland did most if not all his stunts. He does have a gymnastics background and Watts was really impressed that for the most part he can have Tom build scenes with the difficulty of a real spidey because Tom’s natural agility. So CG was mostly used for the wide long scenes that required a huge background but most of the fighting, leaping, running, crawling, etc was really Holland for HC.

dude, most of these materials go back to shape. the amazing spiderman 2 figure I had dynamically posed for almost a year and just poured some hot water on his suit and it went back into regular shape.

dude, most of these materials go back to shape. the amazing spiderman 2 figure I had dynamically posed for almost a year and just poured some hot water on his suit and it went back into regular shape.

:lol even Deanknight said in his review that people are just ridiculously nitpicking and that it’s not as bad as people think

What sets this figure up as a higher standard body then the previous ASM body IMO is the ratcheting joints..what I mean with the ratcheting joints not only does that mean the arms and legs are extremely durable but also that the functionality of the arms and legs are much easier to pose , unlike the Toby suit with the threat of the suit ripping and the ASM bodies with the shoulder joints being to tight while moving the arms up or extended, the plastic might break.

The ratchets means it was made to move fluently without damaging the plastic body design

Last edited:
I will say that Panther is kind of an eyesore when it creases, but meh, that material is super tight on the body so you can’t win them all

my panther's suit shrinks back after putting him in different poses

I'd rather have an unrealistic expectation of the impact of a discussion with different points of view that are respected, than reduce other peoples views to an ignorant and narrow minded view point

I said they should collect statues, not that statue collectors are lesser than... youre really reaching here. If you want seemless, no folds on a figure, statues serve your better than any of these figure ever will.. and thats ignorant and narrow minded? :lol

Back