1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I did to my SM3 Spidey.
515b7b8fe0776432d5c2ac06aed53f44.jpg

93cb60dd545592aa99a39ee585cf86bc.jpg

3e9db60eea4e458632fbd073879da144.jpg

Wow - how'd you manage that feat without ruining the suit??

I popped the foot pads off the bottom of the feet then drilled holes through the foot pads and glued them into place so they would be flush with the rest of the foot.

I still need to paint them red so they are less conspicuous but you never see them anyway.

Wow - that's really neat work :clap I'm even more impressed about how well that was carried out considering the elasticity of the material.

Oh I see! Nevertheless that's still a very neatly done job, and it deserves praise. Despite the fact that I've got access to both Neodymium magnets, and other figures that make use of something very similar I don't think I'd have thought of doing something like this myself to a HTs, much less one that's permanently dressed.

(Hint Hot Toys Hint - do this please... Actually in retrospect they probably shouldn't, knowing them the magnets would fall out instantly, leaving many collectors with sad broken Spider-Men lying shattered on the floor the next morning)

Outstanding work JJ3002! Great things those neodymium magnets; I use them in several areas of my collection:

Displaying my toy ray guns:

post-329-0-38336700-1419458020.jpg

This might work for you JJ3002; I used plastic coated neodymium magnets to mount my pinwheel spacemen (from the 1950s) on the glass of a Detolf. I held the pinwheel mount I made (also a neodymium magnet) to the back or side of the display case and slid a plastic coated magnet behind it on the back of the glass. This allows me to slide the pinwheels wherever I want for display. Hope that made sense?

Posted_4_thumb_JPG_df018ef3456f0ca356aabf8dc9cfc841.jpg
Posted_5_thumb_JPG_cbb6e6f186ffe423b70d50d71ec307c4.jpg

Source for plastic coated neodymium magnets and MANY other variations and sized.

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=164

Thanks, I guess the proper term should have been "space gun"...and it's gotten bigger since the pic was taken. :wink1:

Cool. If you try this or something like it, I recommend sliding the magnet(s) over the opposite side if SM's feet. If you put them in place directly the magnets will click together with some force, and may not end well for the glass sandwiched in between. Sliding is the preferred method for putting the magnets together and taking them apart, and the plastic covered magnets won't scratch the glass.

Back