1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6abcda73gy1fd6as27di9j20u01hc4ah.jpg

As happy as I am that we finally have a suit without raised webbing, I do wish that the lines of the webbing were a little more pronounced but that's just a minor nitpick. XD

I'll admit that when I saw the photo on Facebook this morning, I thought it was a poster for Spider-Man Homecoming until I read the caption. I must say that Hot Toys has truly outdone themselves with the costume. Not that they haven't done excellent costumes before, but every square inch of this thing could pass for the real deal. An MCU Spider-Man has been one of my top 5 most wanted figures since Civil War came out, so I can safely say I'm beyond thrilled by the reveal. Even if it doesn't come with a Peter Parker head sculpt, it'll be more than worth it for me.

It's painful to read comments from people actually expecting a second head. How many people will buy this figure if no maskless head is included? Damn near everyone. So what incentive does hot toys have of doing it then? Especially the hot toys we know today, they aren't the same company they were when the dx series was around. At this point, no one should be expecting anything like that. We've seen them time and time again disappoint. Just be grateful if it actually happens.

It's painful to read comments from people actually expecting a second head. How many people will buy this figure if no maskless head is included? Damn near everyone. So what incentive does hot toys have of doing it then? Especially the hot toys we know today, they aren't the same company they were when the dx series was around. At this point, no one should be expecting anything like that. We've seen them time and time again disappoint. Just be grateful if it actually happens.

I still will. I never display maskless heads. :p of course they don't have one, but I gotta have my Avengers in full costume so yeah it honestly doesn't matter that Black Panther didn't come with a T'Challa sculpt since I would never use it unless I wanted a Civvie T'Challa or something...which I never will.

Dear Hot Toys.

Please leave all that extra black **** off.

Thank you.

I don't understand why some people are so hung up over the black lines. They add a bit of MCU practicality to it and they're not that noticeable. Personally, I think this Spidey suit is one of the most comic accurate costumes in all of superhero films today. But regardless of that, Hot Toys figures should strive to be screen accurate no matter what they're adapting. That's a big part of their appeal after all.

I don't understand why some people are so hung up over the black lines. They add a bit of MCU practicality to it and they're not that noticeable. Personally, I think this Spidey suit is one of the most comic accurate costumes in all of superhero films today. But regardless of that, Hot Toys figures should strive to be screen accurate no matter what they're adapting. That's a big part of their appeal after all.

That's exactly what they do, nothings going to change that.

I think he's referring to the Qc issues the amazing spiderman figure had. There was black spots on the mask portion of the figure that stood out like a sore thumb

That's exactly what they do, nothings going to change that.

I know, I never expected them to change. I just feel that fanboys shouldn't be demanding inaccuracies because that is the opposite of what Hot Toys are about. It just goes to show you that some people will complain about anything no matter how close to perfection it is.

Right? Don't worry they're gunna nail the iron Man from this movie.:lol

Something tells me the stitching will be off on him too. :lol then again they've had plenty of practice. :rotfl

But in all seriousness, I was sort of looking forward to not busting the bank this year, figured Logan would be the only (possible) figure I'd pick up but it's getting harder to stick to that. :lol

I think he's referring to the Qc issues the amazing spiderman figure had. There was black spots on the mask portion of the figure that stood out like a sore thumb
Thanks for explaining. I didn't really pay much attention to that figure since I had my heart set on an MCU version. I saw some discussion about the black lines later in the thread, so I thought it was related to that somehow. But yeah, let's hope the QC on this figure is top notch. It deserves the best.

I really dislike the blue lines around his pants and the blue looks washed out (it looked a richer blue in civil war but that was probably CGI) but that is no fault of Hot toys but Marvels design. :gah: Oh well I'll probably wait for the sequel suit and in the meantime hope they make Logan. :impatient:

Back