1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind the design, although I still prefer the ASM2. And this has nothing to do with HT, but I'm a little concerned by the trailers of the movie. The suit itself is so high-tech. The fact that he's connected to FRIDAY, the chest spider being some kind of drone, the web also being computer controlled. I'm still looking forward to the movie, but all of that tech (for me, anyway) takes away from the character. Part of what makes Spidey great is his self-reliance on his own wits and abilities.... But the figure, as figures go, looks excellent.

Normally, I never get the deluxe version but this will be my first. Something about being able to put Spidey in a hoodie while he sits on the ledge of my shelf or poses crawling up the wall that seems right for a 17 year old version.

Or to have Tom Holland Spider-man swinging through the city with his headphones on? Seems right.

Yup... Q2-Q3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q2-Q3 2018? That sucks. I would have thought they would have been working on this for the last year considering they had the suite and actor since Civil War. It's taking so long for these figures to release these days.

I don't mind the design, although I still prefer the ASM2. And this has nothing to do with HT, but I'm a little concerned by the trailers of the movie. The suit itself is so high-tech. The fact that he's connected to FRIDAY, the chest spider being some kind of drone, the web also being computer controlled. I'm still looking forward to the movie, but all of that tech (for me, anyway) takes away from the character. Part of what makes Spidey great is his self-reliance on his own wits and abilities.... But the figure, as figures go, looks excellent.

I think that'll be part of his arc ... he's still new to the game and I bet he becomes overly reliant on all the technology in the Stark suit but loses it and proves himself as a hero while wearing his homemade outfit without all the bells and whistles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy skip for me for the simple fact they messed up the web pattern on his mask. It's such a glaring mistake and throws off the whole look

Agreed. I hate the fact that he seems to rely so much on Tony Stark. I mean honestly, Tony Stark/Iron Man are all over those trailers. And yes, I still love the ASM 2 suit, I just love the Mark Bagley look

But again, depending on how good the movie is will determine if I plan to get it, but I hope it does excellent because man this figure is so good

One good thing about this figure is that the black webbing is printed on so no chance of it breaking off like in the asm 2 or sm3 figures. Those lines were fragile as hell. But the pleather black lining around the arms etc. could peel off in time due to posing and bending.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Looking at these two photos I'm starting to think these figures will come with different head sculpts, similar to what they've done with Harley and the Joker. The homemade figure looks like it’s coming with a smirk sculpt, and the tech suit figure looks like it'll be a more neutral expression, although I could be wrong the tech suit sculpt is too blurred out to really tell.

What do you guys think, will these figures come with different sculpts?

17493015_1283925258342746_5747491478957999040_o.jpg18953442_1359409350794336_5955335079626467714_o.jpg

I'll be stunned if they don't adjust the pattern on the suit/mask to be more accurate in the next year. So many recent figures have released with major changes from the prototype: Wonder Woman, Purple Coat Joker, Mark 46, War Machine Mk 3, Finn, BvS Batman, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at these two photos I'm starting to think these figures will come with different head sculpts, similar to what they've done with Harley and the Joker. The homemade figure looks like it’s coming with a smirk sculpt, and the tech suit figure looks like it'll be a more neutral expression, although I could be wrong the tech suit sculpt is too blurred out to really tell.

What do you guys think, will these figures come with different sculpts?

View attachment 346727View attachment 346728

One definitely looks more serious and the other has the same creepy smirk as Stormtrooper Han and the new Jack Sparrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless the Dlx is VERY close in price I'll be skipping the dlx and get the standard version. I don't see any occasion when I'd display Spidey with the hoodie and/or blazer.

Okay, so, like, a Vulture helmet? Like, no, I want a Vulture. So I hope they make the Vulture but make his wings as a separate thing in the vehicle line. I do wish we would have got the ASM2 Rhino though, that would have been cool.

I think the deluxe clothes would be good to do a Peter Parker.

Back