1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
makes a huge dif i think, looks so much better, well done!:clap

Thanks! It also makes taking the eyes out much easier. The material around the left eye, on mine, was already starting to look a little messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! It also makes taking the eyes out much easier. The material around the left eye, on mine, was already starting to look a little messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that and the arms lookin like tubes with no definition especially around bicep are my two big gripes.... sans the entire afraid to pose thing :lol

will do this eye mod for sure if i get, night and day dif i think at least.

This is a really nice figure but I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the next version or not. I would hope they use better material so we can pose without fear of damaging the suit. I got a few other figures coming and I got to decide which one is out. What is everyone's thoughts???

This is a really nice figure but I'm trying to decide if I should wait for the next version or not. I would hope they use better material so we can pose without fear of damaging the suit. I got a few other figures coming and I got to decide which one is out. What is everyone's thoughts???
If you don't need it, I would pass. This is surely going to degrade with time and HT almost always does better round 2 and beyond.

It is a shame really because it isn't just some hunch that the suit won't hold up. It has already shown that it won't.

But it does look really nice so I see the alure.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

If you don't need it, I would pass. This is surely going to degrade with time and HT almost always does better round 2 and beyond.

It is a shame really because it isn't just some hunch that the suit won't hold up. It has already shown that it won't.

But it does look really nice so I see the alure.

Good point!!! I have the ASM 2 version for the time being. It is very tempting though. Lol

Good point!!! I have the ASM 2 version for the time being. It is very tempting though. Lol
I'm not going to deny the beauty of the figure. It is great.

But it just annoys me that HT advertised it as something so amazing when it has major design flaws, all known during production.

Homecoming suit is the one that will last and be the unique look 2-3 years down the line.

fRs0y0Q.gif

I'd be willing to bet that this figure will be a lot more delicate than the current figure. Especially if they try to use some kind of reflective fabric or make it light up. Durability is not always a priority for HT as much as screen accuracy is. Which ever material matches whats on screen, as close as possible, that's what they're gonna go with. I wouldn't let that stop you from getting it tho, I'm sure its gonna be stunning. With them legs :monkey3

If you really don't want to worry about posing the figure, the Homemade costume seems pretty durable.

I'm not going to deny the beauty of the figure. It is great.

But it just annoys me that HT advertised it as something so amazing when it has major design flaws, all known during production.

Homecoming suit is the one that will last and be the unique look 2-3 years down the line.

Homemade*, haha. Obviously homecoming.

So here is a mod I made to swap out the neck piece. The head sculpt on the stock body just bothered me, so I tried swapping out the neck with a flesh one and it actually worked pretty easy. I picked up a second body from eBay and the neck piece from the Homemade suit.

Here is what I removed from the stock body. There is a top lip that is held in place by a small screw, which keeps the neck of the suit in place. I removed this rolled the suit down and rolled this rubber part down to expose the plastic neck piece, which pops right off. It's held in place with a normal ball socket just like a normal neck piece. I then used an xacto to cut off the rubber neck part, and simply popped the flesh neck piece in place.

IMG1115.jpg

Here is a pic of the neck piece from the ebay auction, again, this is the piece from the homemade suit body

s-l1600.jpg

And here is the result! It looks sooooo much better to see just a little bit of flesh colored neck under the headsculpt, and I still have a full up spidey figure too.

IMG1114.jpg

Got charged. Waiting for tracking. Should arrive Wednesday if Hoth Leia is here by Tuesday.

Back