1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really impressed with the proportions and articulation on the homemade suit version. Hopefully the joints don't look too weird on the Stark suit version, as it has kept me away from other HT Spideys in the past. Also it seems really strange that they'd fully reveal HM version before giving any update on this one.

I'm really impressed with the proportions and articulation on the homemade suit version. Hopefully the joints don't look too weird on the Stark suit version, as it has kept me away from other HT Spideys in the past. Also it seems really strange that they'd fully reveal HM version before giving any update on this one.

Why does that seem strange? You don't put the opening act on stage AFTER the headliner has finished their set. While Homemade Version is a neat figure that is actually growing on me the more I look at it, it won't hold a candle to the primary costume. By previewing/teasing this one first, HT can make sure it gets its own moment, and isn't drowned out/ignored by coming AFTER the primary suit.

Why does that seem strange? You don't put the opening act on stage AFTER the headliner has finished their set. While Homemade Version is a neat figure that is actually growing on me the more I look at it, it won't hold a candle to the primary costume. By previewing/teasing this one first, HT can make sure it gets its own moment, and isn't drowned out/ignored by coming AFTER the primary suit.

You make far too much sense :goodpost:

I can see the sen in that but that's not how it usually works with products. They don't lead with their variants and second tier products to warm up the audience. Even Hot Toys will put out the main figure before going into variants most of the time. Now I'm just disappointed that we haven't seen any reveal since the preview a couple of weeks back.

Dude, the first teaser poster is basically perfect.

336393b88a05bfb6d9e5b7c17d324253.jpeg

e661dcd6d16e34686675c225ce78543c.jpeg

Are they rehashing the ASM2 body with this because it's described as " Specialized " body..not newly developed.

I always thought Holland is shorter than Garfield :slap

Hopefully this is a different body than ASM2

I hope this isn't going to be a 2018 release. We've known what the suit was going to look like since last year, so hopefully this comes out this year. Hopefully the armpit webbing doesn't push this out to next year.

I really hope they don't screw up this release. With that teaser pic and the recent success with HT's BP suit people's expectations are high. This could be a huge seller...but using an old body sounds like a bad idea.

Listen up Hot Toys!

Was the blue darker in civil war or was it just the cgi/lighting. And if so do Hot toys replicate the real life suit or the movie rendered suit?

captain-america-civil-war-tom-holland-spider-man.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Love this costume, as well as the tone of posters and trailer. I'm getting hyped for this movie, well done HT! I'll be getting both of the figures they've revealed/teased.

Please, please HT, don't give us the school jacket and headphones as accessories.

review_amspidey2_10.jpg

I didn't get the Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure, but I can't imagine that those type of accessories were valued and used by many collectors. My guess is for most people they just stayed in the box.

Isn't "the more the merrier"?

Sometimes, assuming all things are equal. But I am not against "more"; I am against choosing some accessories when others better could have been chosen instead. It's not like Hot toys made the orange vest, the knit hat and scarf AND a Peter Parker / Andrew Garfield head sculpt. "More" isn't really "more" if there are other possible quality accessories not included. Granted, sometime the stories don't lend themselves to a lot of accessories, so if they throw in a few less exciting extras in to fill out the set after giving us everything else they can, that is one thing; but I don't want "more" of the stuff I don't want when there are things most everyone would want that could have been included.

So, if they include the jacket and headphones with Spidey but leave out a Tom Holland head sculpt, I won't really feel like I got "more".

Back