1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Rogue One - Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what's really funny/strange? If you actually check out the 14 inch talking stormy from the Disney shop, it's awfully reminiscent of a rogue one trooper. The chest armor is lightly narrow and there's the diagonal cut on the stomach armor. The helmet is on the lines as well. Almost like Disney was using rogue one design without us even knowing it?? Haha

I see the discrepancies. I'm not a trooper aficionado, and the chest, "inverted L" of dots on the abdomen, and the lenses stand out.

That being said.

On screen, in motion, it's going to be barely notifiable. We're analyzing a toe-to-toe comparison so we can take the time to see these differences. I really think when movie magic happens, it'll be pretty seamless. Doesn't change that canonically it's off, but as far as watching it I think it'll be okay.

I'm wondering what the RO trooper would look like next to the Medicom Trooper?
562e3052e98a21246abf4930f5482984.jpg

Well it's settled. New trooper based off ****** Medicom design! WTF!!!!

It's 13˚ where you live? Where do you live- Hoth?

Nien and Akbar visually irritated the **** out of me. All of the prop designers and make up artists that lined up for this gig and that horse **** made the final cut? Why was Nien's head so damn big????

Oh man, I was exactly the same. You have all this money and all these skilled people making these films, I never understand why they are not following the original designs more closely. Ackbar looked like he had been cooked and Nien Nunb looks so different it may as well have been a different character.

Oh man, I was exactly the same. You have all this money and all these skilled people making these films, I never understand why they are not following the original designs more closely. Ackbar looked like he had been cooked and Nien Nunb looks so different it may as well have been a different character.

Mon Calamari Rings?:lol

Maybe they are younger here :p

Not sure what was going on with the design approach to the Rogue One Stormtrooper and Vader codpieces, but to me, weird. Vader's is crazy huge & puffy and the Stormtroopers' just look odd with the way they're hanging down swinging **** style. For me they don't compliment, or have any relation to, the rest of the armour. This is not a knock against Hot Toys as they're just reproducing the film's costumes. But yikes.

I don't think this was posted here, but I found this posted on Rebelscum:

34de1f6a0db8d71c78a7c0ad15744b98.jpg

Looks like they're doing the Jedha Patrol Stormtrooper Squad Leader with the orange pauldron and big cloth backpack. Looks like it at least has the binoculars/torch and T-21 blaster. Hope to see more pictures of this one soon. Now I'm deciding between the Jedha Patrol, Jedha Patrol Squad Leader, Sandtrooper (Squad Leader), and Sandtrooper Sergeant. All have things that I like about them.

Does anybody here know if some of the rogue one stormys will sport the ammo pack on their left shoulder? Jus trying to get a confirmation of yes or no

Well you have only got about 6 minutes of footage to go by. There were no ammo packs on the props at celebration but doesn't mean there couldn't be in the film.

Well **** I might just get a sandtrooper and can double that as a jedha whatever since I have a OT stormtrooper anyway. That would keep them the same basic costume design.

Course there are sandy's. I think it was the first trailer where they are walking the rebel pilots through the streets of Jedha, there is a Sandtrooper with orange Pauldron at the back.

My plan is to display my Sandtrooper with a death trooper, a shore trooper and a tank trooper. I think that will look great. They all look so different.

But TonTon knows my plan.

Course there are sandy's. I think it was the first trailer where they are walking the rebel pilots through the streets of Jedha, there is a Sandtrooper with orange Pauldron at the back.

My plan is to display my Sandtrooper with a death trooper, a shore trooper and a tank trooper. I think that will look great. They all look so different.

The pictures I seen its a Stormtrooper uniform. Sandys have subtle difference which I do not see in pics. I may be wrong but don't think I am.
Pauldrons don't make a trooper a sandy automatically.

I think what he means is the OT sandies in ANH had quite a number of differences to OT stormies (stuff like no little hanging boxes above the thighs, the ab armor being different, the hex knee armor, no grenade, etc..)

The "sandies" in RO seem to be simply the new RO stormie outfit with an added pauldron (i.e. no sandie vs stormie outfit difference.)

It's hard to compare to those differences in the OT though because the RO stormie outfit has quite a few subtle but noticeable differences to OT stormie outfit, making all the RO outfits their own thing separate from the OT.

All I know is I don't really need both a sandtrooper and a orange whatever rank guy in Rogue One. It's difficult keeping up as it is.

Back