1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Rogue One - Stormtrooper Jedha Patrol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the pauldrons on the Jedha stormtroopers degrade in the same way that the Deathtrooper ones did? My assumption would be that their identical, so you might expect some unavoidable damage on some samples?

As with anything vinyl/artificial leather, it is down to temperature, humidity, temperature fluctuations, display method, handling, posing, storage method, maintenance, and proper care.

Damage is avoidable if they're cared for properly. Usually damaged examples are from areas of the world with extremely high heat and humidity like Southeast Asia.

Did the pauldrons on the Jedha stormtroopers degrade in the same way that the Deathtrooper ones did? My assumption would be that they're identical, so you might expect some unavoidable damage on some samples?

I live in the PNW. Some light degradation on one of two of my Death trooper pauldrons. Three of four Jedha trooper pauldrons are as good as the day I opened them. The fourth had some parts come off due to glue issues, but the material is still completely fine.

Your assumption is incorrect. They are not identical items comparing the rogue one stormtrooper and death trooper pauldrons. Different cuts, material feel, and construction. Even the black jedha 2-pack is different from the death trooper pauldron. All the jedha trooper pauldrons are constructed in similar fashion with a different color top piece - white, orange, or black. This top piece feels more plastic-y to my touch than the deathtrooper piece, which probably contributes to holding up better.

I live in South Texas. Very hot and humid most of the year. The only time I've ever encountered the faux leather degradation or peeling was when I put my figures into storage that wasn't climate controlled. The only figure that was affected was a medicom RAH Vader.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I live in the PNW. Some light degradation on one of two of my Death trooper pauldrons. Three of four Jedha trooper pauldrons are as good as the day I opened them. The fourth had some parts come off due to glue issues, but the material is still completely fine.

Your assumption is incorrect. They are not identical items comparing the rogue one stormtrooper and death trooper pauldrons. Different cuts, material feel, and construction. Even the black jedha 2-pack is different from the death trooper pauldron. All the jedha trooper pauldrons are constructed in similar fashion with a different color top piece - white, orange, or black. This top piece feels more plastic-y to my touch than the deathtrooper piece, which probably contributes to holding up better.

Interesting - thanks. I wonder why they chose to make them differently.

I live in the UK and have had the DT on display for the last 3 years or so. I'd switched the pauldron on and off several times over the years and hadn't noticed any deterioriation, but last time I looked a couple of months ago it had completely come apart at the neck.

I have the Jedha 2-pack of stormtroopers, but they've been boxed up for a long time (under a lot of other boxes) so won't be able to check their condition until the next big reorganisation.

Interesting - thanks. I wonder why they chose to make them differently.

I live in the UK and have had the DT on display for the last 3 years or so. I'd switched the pauldron on and off several times over the years and hadn't noticed any deterioriation, but last time I looked a couple of months ago it had completely come apart at the neck.

I have the Jedha 2-pack of stormtroopers, but they've been boxed up for a long time (under a lot of other boxes) so won't be able to check their condition until the next big reorganisation.

Same happened to mine from futzing it too much. It was the cheap HT glue that just gave up. Dab of glue and good as new.

Hello, I recently got a general patrol trooper. The cream colored pauldron has some discoloration around the inside edges, I think it might be from the glue that holds it toget her?

Is this a known issue? More importantly, I wondered if anyone has fixed a problem like this, any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sorry guess I posted the above message in the wrong place, I couldn't find this thread but glad to be here now. I wondered about repair to the creme colored pauldron, some dark discoloration like the underpart is seeping through or glue or something. Any ideas? Thank you.

Hello, I recently got a general patrol trooper. The cream colored pauldron has some discoloration around the inside edges, I think it might be from the glue that holds it toget her?

Is this a known issue? More importantly, I wondered if anyone has fixed a problem like this, any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Would be helpful to have pictures of the issue.

Trinova makes a faux leather cleaner/conditioner. The cleaner part of that might help, but probably not if it's been stained for a long time. Was it new or used?

There may not be anything you can do for it.

D9DD7B42-9BBF-4D89-BF65-3B9A60BBBC0B.jpeg

You can see the Gray area, I’m assuming that’s not weathering as the weathering seems to be tan. It seems like there must be something that could be done, even if it means using some fabric paint matched to the original color? I am not the original owner, it seems to be in super condition otherwise which made me think it was Hot Toys glue that came through or something. Thank you.

Back