1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 3 - Sneaky Mark XV (Retro Armor Ver) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Instant pre-order. Even though it made no movie appearance, this color scheme and paint work really well. But it worries me they may just put the traditional red and gold to similar use on other HPP armors that did not have the red and gold (Starboost, Shotgun, etc.) in the future. My wallet is already crying at the thought of that!

air-force-tacp-600x400.jpg
SEP 2014
Military.com | by Matthew Cox

I'm familiar. You can't read on paragraph and omit the rest. First, the only factual evidence shows overwhelming (from that article) that digital camo is far superior. The authors compalint is that the Air Force camo color is wrong for Afghanistan. That's light years away from the claim that the pattern doesn't work.

As for being familiar with it..I joined the marines back when we had the old camo pattern and my unit was later one of the test units for the new digital pattern and we where among the first to get them. I wore both for about a year (old and new) after that then like 5 years of the new digicamo. I'm pretty versed in the difference and how well both work in a real world combat scenario, as well as a test scenario. You can say that a specific. Color is not suited for a specific environment but that is just as true with any camo pattern. But the effect of camo is to break up the body shape when viewed at a distance and every test done by the us military (and china and England and Canada etc) demonstrates that digital camo is far superior. Even the facts in the article you linked show this. Sorry

Also the army did a test a couple years ago named athe book end test or something like that if i recall. It put tradition,digital, Marpat, and a new style they tried and the worst performing camo reported to be traditional. Meaning every version of the new digital performed better.

Here's the graph down by the dod and a link to an article that explains it...showing which camo pattern (not color, as color is situational) camouflage better.
IMG_6915.GIF
https://hyperstealth.com/digital-design/index.htm

Last edited:
Great, so we can agree that it didn't work for what it was actually used for! My apologies for saying "at all". It will definitely work if there is a concrete barrier behind me and it's dark out.

I passed on the sneaky armor because I didn't really like the design. But wow what a difference paint makes. It really looks like a comic suit. I just may pick this up

I haven't got an IM suit since WM2/IP, but i am getting this one. This is possibly the best suit they have ever made, now it's in the classic colours and electroplated.
I just fear for the inevitable reissues of MKII, III, IV, V, VI and VII now they have discovered electroplating...

Hot Toys will totally do that Igor someday, it's the perfect excuse to make a "Alternative Color Exclusive", plus they can make money on that kit they built when they designed Igor. Imagine Igor next to the Hulkbuster in a display it would be a cool proto-type armor in Starks lab. But I could also see them not doing it considering how long it took to sell the original and how many discounts it got too.

I believe someone repainted their's back when it came out and posted photos here too.

Hot Toys will totally do that Igor someday, it's the perfect excuse to make a "Alternative Color Exclusive", plus they can make money on that kit they built when they designed Igor. Imagine Igor next to the Hulkbuster in a display it would be a cool proto-type armor in Starks lab. But I could also see them not doing it considering how long it took to sell the original and how many discounts it got too.

I believe someone repainted their's back when it came out and posted photos here too.

A "poor man's" hulkbuster lol.

I've been back and forth on this figure, honestly it look awesome ! BUT as someone mentioned earlier on here, got to draw the line somewhere, I draw the line at non movie figures, not in the movie not going to buy it, i was not going to get the Stealth but i found it for $250 so just bought and saved it.

The way i look at it; someone comes here and sees the figures and asks which movie are they from...but what do i say to the non movie ones.." yea these were in the movie but these were not, and i just bought them bc hell why not spend $300+ on a paper weight, no offense to those who already got them, just not me.

I look at it from another perspective. Would I rather have something like the blue steel/gamma just because it was "in the movie" or something like this? I get whatever I think looks better.

Back