1/6 Hot Toys - MMS??? - GOTG Vol.2 - Drax the Destroyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I guess SDCC will be interesting. Which figures shown, and which ones aren't shown. Man I'd even be OK with a prototype Drax with improved upper body.

My vol 1 was just shipped out to me yesterday from sideshow. Definitely will get vol 2 when made.Drax is a hilarious character. Taken me 4 years to complete the team in vol 1.

I agree it seems more likely they reuse the body. However, now that they have the process down for doing the scars replicating it won’t be as big an issue. And they could easily just alter the existing tooling to add a bit of bulk, which seems to be everyone’s issue with the v1, and have minimal outlay versus a totally new tooled character. Honestly I could see them going either way.

It took so long for them to release the first Drax, I seriously doubt they’ll be doing any more prototypes. Considering all the problems they probably had with the scarification, they’ll milk this body for as long as they can - my guess is probably through the life of the character, since it seems he would only show up in two more films anyway (Avengers 4 and Guardians 3 - and that’s IF they don’t kill him off). I think the only way we’ll get a new body sculpt is if something significant happens to his body.

Is it 100% confirmed it was the tattoos which caused the delay ? I find that hard to believe considering everything else HT can do with body sculpts like Groot. I would have bet more on a non-release issue from Disney or Dave Bautista for likeness. I'm sure we're not the only ones who think he doesn't fit the character likeness.

Anyway, I agree with Motuxmen. It could go either way. But I will be holding out until GotG 3 if I have to.

It’s never been official from hot toys, however I heard it was the scars, and there where two articles published in Asian magazines that cited sources who said the delay was the scars.

While it may seem odd due to the amount of small details on Groot the scars are a whole different animal when it comes to tooling. When Groots tree texture shrinks or warps or whatever due to production issues (that always happen) it’s not a big deal. Still looks like tree bark and there’s no comparing the pattern from screen to figure. But with Drax scars they have a very unique and specific pattern. It’s just raised tattoos essentially. It’s alien language but it still has a specific and set form. Imagine if it all just looked like zits or you couldn’t tell where the scars actually where, or the opposite problem where they stuck out to much and could catch or break. Plus you have to be able to paint them and the surrounding body area in a production speed. There’s other things too but you get the idea.

Don't worry I'm a mechanical engineer who has a lot to do with tooling. I also make my own silicon moulds....so yes I "get the idea".

Shrinkage depends on the material used and how thick the part is. Thicker can mean more shrinkage. But I don't think any of that means problems with the tattoos, they are hardly thick or far out from the body enough to cause demould issues, or an undercut situation.

Anyway don't want to get into a discussion on tooling. I will be patient and see what happens. I'm certainly not the only one wishing for a Ver2 Drax.

I remember scoffing at the idea of owning the original Drax. Now I consider him my favorite Guardian, so I would love for HT to make a new one.

I remember scoffing at the idea of owning the original Drax. Now I consider him my favorite Guardian, so I would love for HT to make a new one.

Such a great character. So funny with the deadpan humour.

Actually since IW the GotG have gone up a notch on the favorites list. We're always great but really thought they were cool in IW.

It’s never been official from hot toys, however I heard it was the scars, and there where two articles published in Asian magazines that cited sources who said the delay was the scars.

While it may seem odd due to the amount of small details on Groot the scars are a whole different animal when it comes to tooling. When Groots tree texture shrinks or warps or whatever due to production issues (that always happen) ....

Thanks, that makes total sense actually. And to think if they did try to design a specific Bautista body, then thats an even bigger delay, and also, while this thread may make it seem like this is a must have figure, he isnt on iron man or black widow level of desirability.

Such a great character. So funny with the deadpan humour.

Actually since IW the GotG have gone up a notch on the favorites list. We're always great but really thought they were cool in IW.

It’s amazing. Prior to 2014, I had never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy. Now, they were literally my favorite part of Infinity War. That whole scene with the Guardians and Thor (another one I didn’t give a **** before the MCU) was one of my favorite moments in the entire MCU.

Finally broke out the Ravager pants.

46AD69EF-9137-49EC-AF34-002E561B5834.jpeg

It’s amazing. Prior to 2014, I had never heard of Guardians of the Galaxy. Now, they were literally my favorite part of Infinity War. That whole scene with the Guardians and Thor (another one I didn’t give a **** before the MCU) was one of my favorite moments in the entire MCU.

I still laugh at all the articles before the movie came out saying it would be Marvels 1st big failure. A tree that only says three words nobody will watch that :lol

I admit i thought it would fail too, never heard of GotG before the movie. Never seen a GotG comic before. Same with black panther, never seen a BP comic in my life.

I have been hesitant to get Drax because of the less than stellar pics, but I did see him displayed at a local store today and he looks so much better in person. Seriously tempted now. Just wish there wasn’t a huge wait for the new Gamora to finally get the Guardians completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back