1/6 Hot Toys - MMS??? - GOTG Vol.2 - Drax the Destroyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Until they set a preorder for blue pants drax I won’t get one. Whether it’s GOTG2 or AIW I don’t really care but the blue pants would sell me on it. Now if they improve the body I am totally in.

I would prefer the GOTG2 version since the jetpack would add a small amount of much needed bulk to him, and the Baby Groot he was posed with looks really cool.

Too bad. I liked the new blue pants too.

But no way HT is going to retool the Drax body just for that figure. Maybe if there was another character or two they could use it for.

Can't believe they thought they could just throw blue pants on the same figure and we would just jump at it. They were too cheap to make a new figure obviously and when they saw the negative comments they backed out instead. A shame as a proper drax would have easily sold, can't believe they are that lazy.

Too bad. I liked the new blue pants too.

But no way HT is going to retool the Drax body just for that figure. Maybe if there was another character or two they could use it for.

I have never seen them retool any characters other than Iron Mens :lol

But I think everyone have to point their fingers at the licensing team (which I assume is Disney/Marvel) who approved this atrocity!

I was holding out hope that they may make a body with better proportions, but I agree that it seems very unlikely they'll ever take the time to do so considering the rising amount of shortcuts HT has been taking... I really would like to have a drax in my collection, but the only way I'll even consider buying a drax if they re-release him with the same body is if they include an alternate aggressive sculpt.

Can't believe they thought they could just throw blue pants on the same figure and we would just jump at it. They were too cheap to make a new figure obviously and when they saw the negative comments they backed out instead. A shame as a proper drax would have easily sold, can't believe they are that lazy.

Exactly, there is no logical reason to buy a Drax if they are just changing the pants. Unless you like Blue Pants (OK or you missed the first one). People need a reason to upgrade or buy a second version, and Hot Toys knows this very well. It's their strongest point (unmasked headsculpt of V2 is a standard play). So bring on an improved body, or a laughing headsculpt for Drax.

To be honest I'm sick of :horse on this topic about the current body.....(always wanted to use that Emoji :lol).

I'm just going to wait through SDCC 2018, Avengers 4 and GotG 3, and if they haven't improved his upper body by then, I'll buy a used Drax, as I'm sure people will be offloading figures by then.

Time it's on my side Hot Toys....

Exactly, there is no logical reason to buy a Drax if they are just changing the pants. Unless you like Blue Pants (OK or you missed the first one). People need a reason to upgrade or buy a second version, and Hot Toys knows this very well. It's their strongest point (unmasked headsculpt of V2 is a standard play). So bring on an improved body, or a laughing headsculpt for Drax.

To be honest I'm sick of :horse on this topic about the current body.....(always wanted to use that Emoji :lol).

I'm just going to wait through SDCC 2018, Avengers 4 and GotG 3, and if they haven't improved his upper body by then, I'll buy a used Drax, as I'm sure people will be offloading figures by then.

Time it's on my side Hot Toys....

I scooped up a GOTG Drax for a steal and got to say he is a great figure. There are certain angles of a pose that will make his body proportions look off but for the most part it looks really good. No where near as bad as all the negative flak the figure got. And the sculpt, is absolutely PERFECT.

I did notice in different shots from GOTG that Dave Bautista looked pumped up compared to others. I think HT took a screen shot that he wasn't as pumped up in.

Last edited:
Here is what I'm talking about:

The first two pics are closer to what the HT Drax body looks like

The second two are what we think Drax looked like all the time, however the first two pics shows it changed depending on lighting or maybe gym day versus non gym day for Dave when shooting takes etc.

Attachments

• dave-bautista-drax.jpg
    dave-bautista-drax.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 305
  • Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2-Deleted-Scene.jpg
    Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol-2-Deleted-Scene.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 305
  • bulked.jpg
    bulked.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 300
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 296
My only issue with the figure is that it doesn’t look as wide as Dave. The arms are ok and the body is decent but his shoulders should have been wider. Maybe it looks different in hand but the pics I’ve seen he seems thinner than he should have been.

Back