1/6 Hot Toys - MMS??? - GOTG Vol.2 - Drax the Destroyer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laughing, shouting... I don't care which they pick, but I'd like to see a Drax with some emotion this time!

I just don't know why ht does such a crappy job with some figures. They usually put some much effort into getting the little things right. Then every now and then a figure comes up that they just half ass. This figure is one example. There is no excuse not to get the body more accurate nor is there for a more detailed hs. I just don't know why drax is getting the sub par treatment.

I could imagine one scenario is Hot Toys got the ok from one guy at Marvel/Disney then made the moulds, figures etc Then someone higher up at Disney (or the actor himself) said you're not releasing a figure with a scrawny body like that !!! Then HT were left with a ton of figures etc and not able to release. Hence the mega delay until it all got sorted out.

Just a theory. But it's a very strange situation and could make sense given the figure we have.

Based on this SB photo intended for the new DX Jack Sparrow (you can see V2 figures displayed on the shelf below Jack), it looks like thus far that the V2 Drax will recycle the V1 body. Unless they're just using it as the body in the interim so they can display the figure, which of course is entirely possible.

0_154472_806b77f6_orig

Based on this SB photo intended for the new DX Jack Sparrow (you can see V2 figures displayed on the shelf below Jack), it looks like thus far that the V2 Drax will recycle the V1 body. Unless they're just using it as the body in the interim so they can display the figure, which of course is entirely possible.

0_154472_806b77f6_orig

I'm really hoping they do change the body. If not now then maybe for the 3rd film ?? But am sure its a long shot.

Problem is that if the second Drax uses the same body then by the 3rd film most people will have bought V1 or V2. Don't know how many would upgrade.

No idea !! Very frustrating !!

The photoshopped pic a page back looked great. That's all they needed. He's not a skinny ripped Bruce Lee !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alright, so after getting my Drax in person, I will not buy Vol. 2 Drax if he hasn't bulked up.

Dammit... I want a Drax to finish the team, but it just looks ridiculous to me still... Blue pants and nipple hurting jet pack don't help.

Dammit... I want a Drax to finish the team, but it just looks ridiculous to me still... Blue pants and nipple hurting jet pack don't help.

Yeah. I think we may need to wait until Vol3 if there is any hope of a new beefier body. If at all.....:-(

I think Drax looks good depending on how you pose him. I've seen pics where the pose tends to hide that the body is a bit thinner than it ought to be.

I'm in for this Drax, as I'm in for the entire GOTG team thanks to the Yondu reveal. With the team, I'm sure I'll be happy with him.

I think Drax looks good depending on how you pose him. I've seen pics where the pose tends to hide that the body is a bit thinner than it ought to be.

I'm in for this Drax, as I'm in for the entire GOTG team thanks to the Yondu reveal. With the team, I'm sure I'll be happy with him.

Yep, looks fine in hand. little skinny but looks great with the team. Just need Yondu and i'm done with this line

Back