1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a few times from PC (in stock items), and i couldn't have been happier. I have two pre-orders waiting to be fullfilled (DS Anakin and TLJ Kylo) but i'm not really bothered. In my part of the world, going thru Sideshow gets me a 15-20% markup with shipping and taxes compared to local offers. Going thru PC gets a me 15-20% rebate. No brainer.

Ordered a few times from PC (in stock items), and i couldn't have been happier. I have two pre-orders waiting to be fullfilled (DS Anakin and TLJ Kylo) but i'm not really bothered. In my part of the world, going thru Sideshow gets me a 15-20% markup with shipping and taxes compared to local offers. Going thru PC gets a me 15-20% rebate. No brainer.

I don't know, sometimes you get what you pay for.

Missing parts and 4 month delays and 20 days to respond = no good in my world. No brainer.

PC told me this ships by the end of this month. If it does, all good.

If not, despite the price waiting indefinitely is not a good thing. Just tell your customers it will ship late, if the low price is the selling point no need to add shipping dates you cant keep to sweeten the deal.

I'm stuck with them on this order since I paid in full with the promise of a swift delivery... which then became 4 months later. Now still no word... and they have notified everyone that they are behind and can't seem to even respond to emails in a timely manner (sorry but 20 days plus to respond to email is absolutely unacceptable).

PopCultcha is dead to me. And everyone I know.

I completely agree. I'm patient and understanding of things taking time especially since I also collect a bunch of unofficial Transformers that typically come from Asia; so, I'm totally fine with items from other parts of the world taking a month maybe more to be delivered. BUT even these Asian sellers give me a tracking number the moment they print the label and respond within hours (sometimes minutes) of me sending an email. So to me, even a week to respond is too long of a delay. In my line of work if you don't respond promptly to a contractor's question while they are on the job site, and something gets built wrong, that's on me unless they were reading my drawings wrong. It's not that hard to respond to an email IMO.

I'm still debating on this; I have the original and thinking about using those spooktacular rewards to pick this up and sell everything except the head, base, and motion saber. Why couldn't they just give us a DX of this!

I'm still debating on this; I have the original and thinking about using those spooktacular rewards to pick this up and sell everything except the head, base, and motion saber. Why couldn't they just give us a DX of this!

The reason is simple. Hot Toys knows that as collectors will bend over and buy anything no matter what the price if we really want it!!
Personally I was insulted that these two figures were not combined into one and HT would think that I would by the same figure twice at todays prices. As a result I decided not to buy both.

Got mine today. Overall good figure except for one boot peg that wasn't snapped in. It was a b***h to get back in correctly.

Here he is wearing the OSK custom cloak. While the new dark side cloak is indeed longer than the original release, the hood remains small as in the original.
The color is identical for those that were wondering.

I picked up an alternate head sculpt, Original Ani base, and Dooku saber, so I guess I technically have both versions.

Attachments

• IMG_7247.jpg
    IMG_7247.jpg
    977.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_7245.jpg
    IMG_7245.jpg
    964.6 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_7244.jpg
    IMG_7244.jpg
    823 KB · Views: 215
I saw- having owned the original at a time. The OSK cloak still wins in my opinion.

Just got mine, but as I'm at work, I can't really futz with it. First impressions are fantastic. Skin tone like most have said, is excellent. To me, in person this is far better than the pictures I had seen online and I always thought he looked great in those. Very pleased.
View attachment 433242

View attachment 433243

What’s up with the plastic on the neck is that to protect from staining ?

I assume so, it was on my regular Anakin too, but I haven't had any issues since I removed it.

I'm stuck with them on this order since I paid in full with the promise of a swift delivery... which then became 4 months later. Now still no word... and they have notified everyone that they are behind and can't seem to even respond to emails in a timely manner (sorry but 20 days plus to respond to email is absolutely unacceptable).

PopCultcha is dead to me. And everyone I know.

Agreed. Next time I'll just order from Sideshow and pay the difference. I'm tempted to call my credit card company and see if they can do anything.

With all the weird batch shipping now and the regular Europe and foreign countries delays I would only (and have only) ordered in stock items from Pop Cultcha. Never had an issue there.

Back