1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, as easy as the email went out for early billing, an email could of gone out with sorry, but your item is now expected to be shipped Next month or whatever

No shipping notice like everyone else. Not sure why they did the early release thing. I guess, at least its paid for.

Spoke with a "kimberly" yesterday via live chat, although I'm sure it was a bot. She had no real answers and kept telling me it takes 1-3 business days after an item is charged to ship out even though I told her this has never happened with any other order I've placed. She also mentioned since it was such a large order that most of it was still stuck at the shipping ports, but how large of an order can it be considering its not even sold out or waitlisted yet. Basically, I got nowhere.

Meh, with everything going on in the world getting a toy a couple days later than expected (when it's actually way before i expected it) is not something i could ever imagine getting upset about.

Dude, we get it. There are children in Chinese factories making Nikes and other popular clothes 12 hours a day, there is a world hunger epidemic, there are entire populations who don't have access to clean drinking water, etc. When you put it like that, no one in a 1st world country should ever get upset about anything. The key thing to remember is CONTEXT. We are on a discussion forum for fans of toys, figures, statues, aka "luxury" items. Within this context, if some of us are a little peeved at how SSC is handling this "early arrival" situation, that's perfectly a reasonable reaction. But within the context of our daily lives, I doubt any of us expressing dissatisfaction are going around thinking its the end of the world.

Its not about waiting for the figure. It's about them taking our money without giving us what we paid for. I would understand if a few didn't ship right away but charging everyone and none shipping for multiple days is unacceptable

Dude, we get it. There are children in Chinese factories making Nikes and other popular clothes 12 hours a day, there is a world hunger epidemic, there are entire populations who don't have access to clean drinking water, etc. When you put it like that, no one in a 1st world country should ever get upset about anything. The key thing to remember is CONTEXT. We are on a discussion forum for fans of toys, figures, statues, aka "luxury" items. Within this context, if some of us are a little peeved at how SSC is handling this "early arrival" situation, that's perfectly a reasonable reaction. But within the context of our daily lives, I doubt any of us expressing dissatisfaction are going around thinking its the end of the world.

I agree with context, 1st world problems, etc but for me who ordered Hulkbuster on day one 2 year ago, was told the Ghostbusters set would be out several months ago, so $1600 spent with nothing in hand yet ($1800 including Strange), getting bothered over a figure that was shipping early anyway and having to wait another week i dunno it just doesn't bother me i guess.

I think it might be because i work in a hospital and as a firefighter/medic so it's hard for me to get bothered much of anything after watching a someone get told they have untreatable cancer, a family with no insurance have their house burn down or a family agree to donate the organs of their teen who shot himself in the head (which is what happened the day i wrote that comment). I'm just happy i can enjoy this hobby even with weeks or years of delays before we get these things.

Not judging anyone, i'm just really laid back when it comes to this stuff.

I agree with context, 1st world problems, etc but for me who ordered Hulkbuster on day one 2 year ago, was told the Ghostbusters set would be out several months ago, so $1600 spent with nothing in hand yet ($1800 including Strange), getting bothered over a figure that was shipping early anyway and having to wait another week i dunno it just doesn't bother me i guess.

I think it might be because i work in a hospital and as a firefighter/medic so it's hard for me to get bothered much of anything after watching a someone get told they have untreatable cancer, a family with no insurance have their house burn down or a family agree to donate the organs of their teen who shot himself in the head (which is what happened the day i wrote that comment). I'm just happy i can enjoy this hobby even with weeks or years of delays before we get these things.

Not judging anyone, i'm just really laid back when it comes to this stuff.

Props man. Thank you for being a life saver!

This may sound sick, but I sorta like the long waits....at this stage of life I have learned nothing it better than anticipation....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The least they could do is ship them 2 day mail instead of the bottom tier snail mail they always go with. I mean we usually pay OVER the expedited price anyway.

The least they could do is ship them 2 day mail instead of the bottom tier snail mail they always go with. I mean we usually pay OVER the expedited price anyway.

Big Chief charges about $25 and I get it next day Fedex from the UK. I hate how slow SS is with their shipping for the price they charge.

Has anyone got a shipping email from Sideshow yet?
I went to the site and still says payment processing.
It was supposed to be processed on the 16th.
Anyone else have this issue?

Has anyone got a shipping email from Sideshow yet?
I went to the site and still says payment processing.
It was supposed to be processed on the 16th.
Anyone else have this issue?

Posted this a few days ago but I contacted Sideshow on Friday afternoon. They told me there was a delay in them getting their shipment and don't expect them until sometime between Monday-Thursday this week and they have the labels all printed and will put on and shipped the second they get the figures.

Contacted support via live chat:

"Ah yes, Dr. Strange! So we are actually just waiting for that delivery truck to get here to us so we can get your figure shipped out to you. Sometimes there can be a little delay, and since school just started back up the traffic is probably the culprit if you ask me. They should be arriving within the next 1-3 business days for sure and we'll be getting them shipped out right away!"

I hope that the traffic cleared up so we can get our figure shipped out tomorrow. I tell you what, I thought my local traffic was bad....:wink1:

Back