1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was told they came in today and will be shipped out within 24 hours. Fingers crossed!

Man I hope this is correct!!!!!! :pray:

Actually on hold with them now trying to see if I can get expedited shipping. They told me that in the fine print they have 10 days after payment to get our figures to us so they wont upgrade the shipping for free but I could pay for it. Having them check to see what the rates are now! Would be awesome if I could get the Doctor tomorrow!!

I did the live chat yesterday afternoon and was told they'd be shipping out yesterday and today. glad to see that someone else got the same info :D

Really not feeling too kindly disposed to Sideshow now. They definitely charged my card on the 16th but the orders page shows "payment processing" - obviously no word from them about the "delay," just like everyone else.

Talk about mismanaging expectations and customer relations. It's not like they're the only place you can get these things, so they really need to differentiate themselves based on customer service.

I just spoke with customer service, they gave me my tracking number and explained the holdup pretty thoroughly, so I can confirm these are going out the door from Sideshow today, finally.

Contacted support - here's what I got in response:
Thank you for contacting Sideshow Support.

We apologize for the delayed shipment. We were notified that the container these items were on was pulled by the port for an inspection. This delayed when we are getting the item.

We received the item and it will start shipping out today and finish tomorrow if they cannot get them all out today. Keep an eye out for the tracking email.

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact me.
Best regards,
Jeff Dean
Operations Coordinator

It's not like they're the only place you can get these things, so they really need to differentiate themselves based on customer service.

Technically they are the only place in North America which is part of the reason this stuff is so expensive. They have what amounts to a monopoly on Hot Toys distribution. All North American retailers get their stock from Sideshow, and they set the price. So unless you buy direct from Hong Kong Sideshow is taking a cut and they jack up the Hong Kong street price, sometimes by a lot. The whole monopoly thing is why they can gouge on shipping prices and not really care if some customers shop elsewhere as they are still making money either way.

Anyway when Sideshow bungles something like this so badly they really ought to do something about it like expedited shipping. But they never do.

I don't think it's their fault that their shipment got held at the Port customs..
Doubt they have any control over that.

The issue isn't the delay but the lack of communication - they were able to communicate "we want your money early" but were unable to communicate that "your order is now going to be late."

Just got off the phone with SS and I can confirm they are leaving the warehouse tonight! Just paid a little extra for 2 day shipping so should have the Doctor Friday (having them hold off on shipping mine till tomorrow since I won't be home Thursday to get it and I called to late to have it overnighted! So I guess it was still shipped early technically!

I know sideshow has great customer service and they give incentives like reward points for shopping with them, but this is not right. We are offered the opportunity to buy a product early then it ships out late. All with no explanation or communication on Sideshows part. I'm sorry but any other business would be offering something free or expedited shipping, or something. I'm sorry but this is not right.

So I did contact customer support and they werent able to give free shipping or anything like that but assured me it will be going out today, 7pm here and still no tracking number though...

Back