1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't do that typically because the bigger the cast the more tempting it is to buy a bunch from one film. I'd rather spread out buying the figures over time personally. To me it doesn't really matter if all my figures are from the same film.

Ensemble movies are brutal financially but Im OCD about displaying figures from the same movie together only and solo movie figs are always out of place. I just grab the figures that are most likely to sell out first and buy the other characters as I find deals on them(like the $155 shipped WS Nick Fury I just bought from a website I forgot the name of).

Dang that's a great deal for Fury. Would definitely pick him up for that price.

It was on Forbidden Planet 2 weeks ago, someone posted the link here and for $155 shipped it was the price I was waiting for. Now I gotta wait for a deal on Ultron MK I since that one isnt selling out anytime soon.

I'm buying solo movie figs now just so i don't have to buy them all when IW comes out :lol

That is exactly my strategy too! Even i slipped with BvS Bats and Sups. But hey, it isn't hockey team like JL or Avengers :lol

I'm buying solo movie figs now just so i don't have to buy them all when IW comes out :lol

Yeah, I just got into this hobby early this year, and decided to get all the Marvel heroes I wanted from Civil War. Has not been kind on my wallet lol, but I don't think we'll see most of those guys in solo movies until the MCU resets in however many years.

Either way, I agree, there's going to be such an excess of figures for IW, HT is going to really get backlogged producing just about everything and I would imagine figures are minimum $250 by that point too.

There are plans for doing Black Widow/Hawkeye solo movie so i guess they can make solo movies about anyone at this point.

I just pre-ordered mine and paid the whole amount as I did have some coupon, vouchers and NRD that I could switch to this figure for only 155 EUR + 6 EUR shipping. :clap

I pre-ordered Cumby... he looks wonderful as Doctor Strange. I only collect Doctor Who and Sherlock figures, but I got to have this one. I saw this figure on Big Chief Studios and Forbidden Planet for way more money... so this was a good deal. Plus I got $15 off for being new to Sideshow. A year though? Dang... you really have to wait for this stuff...

Note: Big Chief Studios is already all sold out on this figure.

Just preordered Strange today at one of my local shops! :D 245€ shipped isn't too bad. Now there's hoping the movie will be awesome.

I'm hovering over the preorder button. On one hand, this figure looks spectacular and from what I see of the film it looks like it's gonna be really good.
But on the other hand, what if I don't like the film enough to get the figure! Decisions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hovering over the preorder button. On one hand, this figure looks spectacular and from what I see of the film it looks like it's gonna be really good.
But on the other hand, what if I don't like the film enough to get the figure! Decisions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple, wait to see the movie before ordering. Not like this is coming out or selling out anytime soon.

I pre-ordered Cumby... he looks wonderful as Doctor Strange. I only collect Doctor Who and Sherlock figures, but I got to have this one. I saw this figure on Big Chief Studios and Forbidden Planet for way more money... so this was a good deal. Plus I got $15 off for being new to Sideshow. A year though? Dang... you really have to wait for this stuff...

Note: Big Chief Studios is already all sold out on this figure.

Woah, that was quick! Bit surprising really that it has sold out there, sure there are other retailers in the UK selling it for cheaper.

Simple, wait to see the movie before ordering. Not like this is coming out or selling out anytime soon.
My thoughts as well. No need to put pressure on oneself nor think about it right now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I like the character and I think the figure looks great. I could care less if the movie is awful, I still want the figure. If the movie is great it will probably make me appreciate the figure more.

Wait, you say you couldn't care less if the movie is bad but then go on to say if it's good you'll appreciate it more...are you Gollum by chance?

I like the character and I think the figure looks great. I could care less if the movie is awful, I still want the figure. If the movie is great it will probably make me appreciate the figure more.

I bought it because I'm just wondering if they might sell out before the movie comes out. Doesn't matter to me if the movie is good or bad. I saw the trailer and it looks fine. How many does Hot Toys make anyway?

Big Chief Studios has it back up for pre-order again. Must have received some more inventory allotments. Bit pricey though. https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/collectables/marvel/sixth-scale-figures/doctor-strange

Well, if a movie is really bad I don't want a reminder of it. But this figure looks good enough that if movie is just mediocre it might be worth it.

Back