1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doctor Strange has been my favorite Marvel character since I was 9 back in 1978 and I picked up a "Pocket Book" paperback of the Ditko stories at a department store. Never thought I'd see him on the big screen or have a rendition like this on my shelf - already preordered. Now just hope the movie doesn't suck.... (still haven't emotionally recovered from the Green Lantern movie ;-)).

I ordered from KG Hobby, same place I also ordered the Exclusive Harley Quinn.

I've had a lot of figures from them, but never a Hot Toys. So it'll be interesting to see whether they come in much sooner than Sideshow's stock.

I'm going to guess that Strange will probably be the only figure from this movie. Wouldn't doubt if maybe some of these other companies try their hand at making "evil sorcerer" or something to that effect.

MCU Avenger history doesn't lie. Unless the movie has Captain America or to a degree Iron Man in it... it's pretty much going to be the title character hero and if we are lucky, the lead villain..

And even though i'm not getting him, we're still waiting for Yellowjacket!

I'm still waiting for a Loki who isn't either a) overpriced to the most ridiculous extreme in the second hand or dodgy asia website market, or isn't b) the least interesting version from the worst movie featuring him... ;)

Futurion and Destroy Earth!, thank you so much for your advice! I will definitely check the import duties and the online shops you recommend. As for retail shops, I don't know of any -in my city, at least- that works with Hot Toys, but I'll try online and see what I can find.

Again, thank you guys!

I'm still waiting for a Loki who isn't either a) overpriced to the most ridiculous extreme in the second hand or dodgy asia website market, or isn't b) the least interesting version from the worst movie featuring him... ;)

I came too late in the 1/6 game to secure that first Loki and will forever be pissed about it... but I agree with you on him, I won't get that second version and the first one is just too overpriced so fingers crossed it's a decent version of him for the new Thor :pray:

It will be out next September, I'm sure. Unless it gets pushed out further, who knows. I feel like in a lot of cases, this is typical of most POs.

Pre-ordered. This was one of the few Marvel characters from way back that I was really looking forward to being done as a 1/6 figure with the expectation that HT would have fun with the tailoring/cloth work and they most definitely did not disappoint. :yess:

This looks fabulous! Pre-ordered from Alter Ego. $11 below Sideshow, plus another $15 off with reward points. Saving my Sideshow points for Daredevil. Or Crossbones. Or Yellowjacket. Or Punisher. Assuming one of them eventually goes up for pre-order. :impatient:

I can't see Daredevil not going up for PO, although the delay in revealing him is somewhat puzzling. Crossbones and Yellowjacket, I think the ship has sailed.

I can't see Daredevil not going up for PO, although the delay in revealing him is somewhat puzzling. Crossbones and Yellowjacket, I think the ship has sailed.

Never say never. We didn't get armored Whiplash until like, last year.

True, but I think RH may be right. Disappointing - my HT Marvel villain gallery could use some reinforcements. Yellowjacket seemed like a no-brainer release, and the way Zemo was written Crossbones was the only Civil War baddie we could have reasonably expected from HT. I think these got squeezed out in favor of other licenses (Star Wars, BvS, Suicide Squad). Here's hoping Dr. Strange provides a villain that will help us forget missing out on these two!

Skipping all solo movie figures now so i gotta wait until IW for the Dr. but it came out good.

I don't do that typically because the bigger the cast the more tempting it is to buy a bunch from one film. I'd rather spread out buying the figures over time personally. To me it doesn't really matter if all my figures are from the same film.

Back