1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought it because I'm just wondering if they might sell out before the movie comes out. Doesn't matter to me if the movie is good or bad. I saw the trailer and it looks fine. How many does Hot Toys make anyway?

Big Chief Studios has it back up for pre-order again. Must have received some more inventory allotments. Bit pricey though. https://www.bigchiefstudios.co.uk/collectables/marvel/sixth-scale-figures/doctor-strange

They make between 10-20k of each figure on average.

Well, if a movie is really bad I don't want a reminder of it. But this figure looks good enough that if movie is just mediocre it might be worth it.

Kinda how I feel about the Amazing Spidey 2 figure. Such an AMAZING (no pun intended) representation of the Ultimate universe costume but such a crappy movie.

18701b6f94855b485147b449dcb439c3.jpg

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They make between 10-20k of each figure on average.

Wow! I live in the world of Doctor Who figures; where Big Chief Studios sometimes has made 100. Though most of them have up to a couple thousand made. So sometimes, if you snooze, you lose... especially if it's a signature version.

Cumberbatch is a hot item though. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out. There are a lot of Cumberbitches out there who would really love to have a miniature Cumberbatch of their own... :lol

Wow! I live in the world of Doctor Who figures; where Big Chief Studios sometimes has made 100. Though most of them have up to a couple thousand made. So sometimes, if you snooze, you lose... especially if it's a signature version.

Cumberbatch is a hot item though. I wouldn't be surprised if it sells out. There are a lot of Cumberbitches out there who would really love to have a miniature Cumberbatch of their own... :lol

I would take those numbers with a grain of salt. Hot Toys is secretive about production runs (unless something has changed), and no one knows with any amount of certainty.

I would take those numbers with a grain of salt. Hot Toys is secretive about production runs (unless something has changed), and no one knows with any amount of certainty.

:exactly:

Without posting evidence anyone can pull a number out of the air and pretend they know what they're talking about.

They are secretive, but I've shown where the numbers come from. I hav many of the shipping cases sideshow (and action city) get and they are labeled with how many figures are in each case, as well as a total number of cases. I posted pictures of a couple of those. Pretty easy to get a good guess from that...

Edit-

Here's a couple I just took. One is star lord I think. One is a thanos case. One is carton number 300ish and each box/carton has six figures. That's one shipment to one distribution hub. I've got another box that's number 450ish with 6 normal sized 1/6 hot toys per case. That's again just to sideshow. Action city is another company that does the same thing sideshow does. Then you have toy Sapien stock, secret base, toy hunter..ect. If one retailer is averaging 500ish cartons a single shipment, around 3000 figures...and there are half a dozen other distributors (smaller ones then sideshow for the most part) plus the multuple direct stores like secret base (throw in Shanghai now) and you can see where the numbers rough out at. Plus factor in that sideshow often reports multiple shipments of figures. image.jpg

Yes the numbers are not officially given out by hot toys. Doesn't mean there's not info out there to make an educated guess.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
They are secretive, but I've shown where the numbers come from. I hav many of the shipping cases sideshow (and action city) get and they are labeled with how many figures are in each case, as well as a total number of cases. I posted pictures of a couple of those. Pretty easy to get a good guess from that...

Edit-

Here's a couple I just took. One is star lord I think. One is a thanos case. One is carton number 300ish and each box/carton has six figures. That's one shipment to one distribution hub. I've got another box that's number 450ish with 6 normal sized 1/6 hot toys per case. That's again just to sideshow. Action city is another company that does the same thing sideshow does. Then you have toy Sapien stock, secret base, toy hunter..ect. If one retailer is averaging 500ish cartons a single shipment, around 3000 figures...and there are half a dozen other distributors (smaller ones then sideshow for the most part) plus the multuple direct stores like secret base (throw in Shanghai now) and you can see where the numbers rough out at. Plus factor in that sideshow often reports multiple shipments of figures. View attachment 294215

Yes the numbers are not officially given out by hot toys. Doesn't mean there's not info out there to make an educated guess.

View attachment 294215
View attachment 294216

Pffffft, that's the batch number for that shipment. Nobody out there's thinking they only made 500 Thanos figures. :lol

Preordered. This is the most impressive sixth scale costume tailoring since Joker 2.0 and Jack Sparrow DX. Dead on sculpt too. Must have.

Interesting info about production numbers. I was saying for years that these are not "limited" in any way. I do think more than 20,000 comic nerds will want an iron man or star wars fans will want a Darth Vader. If there is tremendous demand I'm sure they'll crank out more figures.

Will PO this. I've got a feeling that will be it from Dr. Strange regardless of how well the movie performs. Even if Dormammu shows up as rumored and looks great, HT has a poor record on villains--Yellowjacket, Ronan, Barbossa, Nebula come to mind. However I don't think villains tend to sell that well, but still.

Back