1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those that have seen the film, how would you rate the quality of it? You know, alongside other MCU films? Is it top tier?
I thought the visuals were absolutely stunning and acting was awesome too. So it is a great movie to watch and I didn't feel bored once. I do however have to agree with another poster here who said that the pacing felt a bit off. I too thought that some things went too fast but really, it is understandable with all the things they had to fit in this movie. It doesn't make the movie bad but the flow could have been a bit better, imo. While I loved the humor (oh I love the cloak), I also found that some of the jokes fell a bit flat and didn't work so well for me but that of course is different for everyone. My biggest gripe with the movie is that they wasted Mikkelsen. T_T
Spoiler Spoiler:

As far as rankings go, I'd put Strange mid tier which means "Really cool and enjoyable" (Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Age of Ultron, Iron Man) but not "I am so excited I wouldn't mind watching it again asap! It's so entertaining that I mostly manage to ignore its flaws." (Avengers, Civil War) or the ultimate "I am in love. Everything about this movie is perfect and I could talk about it all day and get all giddy just by hearing some of the music used in the movie." (The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy, maybe The First Avenger too Although, that one's probably its own tier with "wow, it actually took a character I hated and made me like him and the more often I watch it the more I love it and how did that happen?")

Great movie, great figure. Can't wait to add it to my Marvel collection.

I was never a fan of Dr. Strange, but I could say the same for other big Marvel characters before the movies came along. I've been collecting Marvel comics, cards, and figures since 1991, but the films somehow really draw me into characters that didn't appeal before, like Iron Man and Thor. It was all about X-Men when I was a kid.

Ha! Same here. Growing up was all about xmen and spiderman. After the movies suddenly im all invested in avengers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going to lie, I absolutely loved how they pulled off

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought the visuals were absolutely stunning and acting was awesome too. So it is a great movie to watch and I didn't feel bored once. I do however have to agree with another poster here who said that the pacing felt a bit off. I too thought that some things went too fast but really, it is understandable with all the things they had to fit in this movie. It doesn't make the movie bad but the flow could have been a bit better, imo. While I loved the humor (oh I love the cloak), I also found that some of the jokes fell a bit flat and didn't work so well for me but that of course is different for everyone. My biggest gripe with the movie is that they wasted Mikkelsen. T_T
Spoiler Spoiler:

As far as rankings go, I'd put Strange mid tier which means "Really cool and enjoyable" (Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Age of Ultron, Iron Man) but not "I am so excited I wouldn't mind watching it again asap! It's so entertaining that I mostly manage to ignore its flaws." (Avengers, Civil War) or the ultimate "I am in love. Everything about this movie is perfect and I could talk about it all day and get all giddy just by hearing some of the music used in the movie." (The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy, maybe The First Avenger too Although, that one's probably its own tier with "wow, it actually took a character I hated and made me like him and the more often I watch it the more I love it and how did that happen?")

I thought it was better than Guardians, enjoyed Strange as a character more than Starlord (although no Groot is a detractor) I'd put it pretty high up there, it was a different type of movie and I loved the effects, first movie I've seen in 3D that I can actually reccomend seeing in 3D.

Yeah. For me - more or less. Tho for me CW is way up there - love watching WS/CW back-to-back and could watch both over and over as is the Avengers. And once I went back and watched and re-watched the first Cap (because Cap was a "hokey old-fashioned character I wasn't interested in:slap) I keep thinking just what a good movie it is, great performances, great origin film, and Tommy Lee Jones LOL. Don't feel a raging need to re-see DS in theater but wouldn't mind, and can't wait for the BR. Tho it won't be the same without 3D IMAX.:lol

Agree DS needed more, more Mad Mikkelson:inlove. Hadn't even realized until the film that around his eyes it glows/glitters - awesome - great villain "who isn't all that bad, really". :cool: Kaecilius will go on the PO list if he comes out...need to entertain myself since probably will still be waiting on CW Bucky and Falcon.:sleep:cool:

I wish the magic accessories looked better

I love them. Wonder if they glow in the dark. Not sure re any improvements? wouldn't just bring up the cost of the figure out of reach. And lots of custom possibilities!
Plus IMO costume is jaw-dropping.

I thought it was better than Guardians, enjoyed Strange as a character more than Starlord (although no Groot is a detractor) I'd put it pretty high up there, it was a different type of movie and I loved the effects, first movie I've seen in 3D that I can actually reccomend seeing in 3D.
I absolutely agree with regards to seeing it in 3D. It's a must with this movie. About Guardians, well, that's the thing about peoples ranking lists, they differ coz peoples' tastes differ. I love Cumberbatch and thought he was great as Strange, the Ancient one was awesome as was Mordo. The effects were cool and it had lots of charme. But while it was really cool, it doesn't come close to Guardians for me. That movie's not just about Starlord, it's about the team and sorry but nothing in Doctor Strange beats the feeling I got when Peter entered that dark cave-like area right at the beginning of the movie, put on his headphones and all of a sudden started dancing to "Come and get your love". I do wanna see Doctor Strange again but I'll wait till it's out on Blu Ray and watch it in 2D to catch everything I missed during the crazy 3D scenes. ^^

Harkins Theaters by me are doing $5 movies for the rest of the year, and that shockingly includes 3D. Just based on that I'll be going to see it again

I don't like the 3D. It's hard to follow the action. I'm going to try and see it in just IMAX but the movie theater near me doesn't seem to have it

I absolutely agree with regards to seeing it in 3D. It's a must with this movie. About Guardians, well, that's the thing about peoples ranking lists, they differ coz peoples' tastes differ. I love Cumberbatch and thought he was great as Strange, the Ancient one was awesome as was Mordo. The effects were cool and it had lots of charme. But while it was really cool, it doesn't come close to Guardians for me. That movie's not just about Starlord, it's about the team and sorry but nothing in Doctor Strange beats the feeling I got when Peter entered that dark cave-like area right at the beginning of the movie, put on his headphones and all of a sudden started dancing to "Come and get your love". I do wanna see Doctor Strange again but I'll wait till it's out on Blu Ray and watch it in 2D to catch everything I missed during the crazy 3D scenes. ^^

Agreed, people's lists differ because of their tastes and there's nothing wrong with that! For me Mordo, Strange and The Ancient One were all incredible and a certain bit at the end really got me too. I'll have to do the same!

Just back from the theater and instantly preordered this with a $20 coupon. Incredible, incredible movie and definitely up there with GotG for me. The weirder the better, as far as I'm concerned. Very excited for the next Thor now!

I knew basically nothing about Doctor Strange beforehand but now would seriously consider any and all figures from the film. I do hope they continue to tweak the cape a bit to make it darker and add a few more of the finer details. My concern is with how incredibly hit or miss HT is with capes in general.

My current top 5:

1) Guardians
2) Doctor Strange
3) Avengers 1
4) Civil War
5) Iron Man 3 (yes...really!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just got back from the film. Definitely one of the better MCU flicks. It needed some work on the villain and his whole plot, but overall a good movie.

Certainly excited about owning this figure even more now. The Ancient One was awesome in that opening. I could see them doing her figure, but not really anyone else.

Just got back from the film. Definitely one of the better MCU flicks. It needed some work on the villain and his whole plot, but overall a good movie.

Certainly excited about owning this figure even more now. The Ancient One was awesome in that opening. I could see them doing her figure, but not really anyone else.

They did have a tease of her already

Last edited:
Back