1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That and Strange has been an Avenger as well. Good post.
Yea, great as a stand alone for sure. Definitely not an Avenger. (Although I think almost everyone has been and Avenger at some point in the comics)

I will probably display him on his own too but there are some interesting possible groupings for him:

Posing him with Spider-Man isn't out of the question. Both are Steve Ditko (along with Stan Lee) creations and they have had several crossovers.

Grouping him with other "supernatural" characters like Blade and Ghost Rider could be cool.

Dr Strange is also the leader of the Defenders, like the Avengers its a shifting roster, so there is potential there. Hulk was an original member. Daredevil was also a member and so was Luke Cage and will be Defenders in the Netflix series along with Iron Fist, who also has a mystical quality to him. (I really hope we get Luke Cage and Iron Fist figures). Ghost Rider was a Defender too at some point. Valkyrie was a Defender and so its possible they will make a figure of her because she will be in Thor Ragnarok. Oh, and I think Black Panther, Vision and Scarlet Witch were also members at some point, so you can see there is plenty of cross over. There are many others who have been a "Defender", but I am only listing those that have figures or have a reasonable chance to be made into a figure in the near future.

Yea, great as a stand alone for sure. Definitely not an Avenger. (Although I think almost everyone has been and Avenger at some point in the comics)

I will probably display him on his own too but there are some interesting possible groupings for him:

Posing him with Spider-Man isn't out of the question. Both are Steve Ditko (along with Stan Lee) creations and they have had several crossovers.

Grouping him with other "supernatural" characters like Blade and Ghost Rider could be cool.

Dr Strange is also the leader of the Defenders, like the Avengers its a shifting roster, so there is potential there. Hulk was an original member. Daredevil was also a member and so was Luke Cage and will be Defenders in the Netflix series along with Iron Fist, who also has a mystical quality to him. (I really hope we get Luke Cage and Iron Fist figures). Ghost Rider was a Defender too at some point. Valkyrie was a Defender and so its possible they will make a figure of her because she will be in Thor Ragnarok. Oh, and I think Black Panther, Vision and Scarlet Witch were also members at some point, so you can see there is plenty of cross over. There are many others who have been a "Defender", but I am only listing those that have figures or have a reasonable chance to be made into a figure in the near future.

Hee! Talking of display options - I may very well display him with one of my Starks recreating the "Awesome Facial Hair Bros" scene (too tempting)

...and Sherlock Holmes bros!

lol :lol figures - it's harder finding a Marvel character who hasn't been an Avenger at one point or another. And thanks.

I just hope the "Pending approval" isn't the Drax kiss of death!
He had that originally and look how long it took for him to be released!

Wow! This piece looks fantastic! The detail on his costume, especially the pattern in his high collar looks terrific.

As much as I like the Avengers, my favorite superhero team growing up was always the original Defenders, and this figure is quite faithful to the spirit of the original Stephen Strange. Here's to hoping we get a pre-order soon! :clap

13734894_876247629175201_3360894364207626735_o.jpg

If you want to find fault with this doll prototype, the collar of the cape a little high. Otherwise it's great.

Back