1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Doctor Strange Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful HS and looks like a nice figure. Something about Marvels film design bothers me. I know it's just me, so no need to hate. The Iron Man design is flawless but everybody else... it doesn't look right.
I love Doctor Strange in the comics and I might pick this up down the line. But I understand why everyone is happy, HT did a fantastic job

I think this might be the first look at the Eye of Agamotto as well, not sure any images or trailers have shown it open like that... And it has to be an Infinity Gem. Great looking figure.
We got a good look at it when they had the costume on display. Feige more or less confirmed that it's the time stone.

“In this film, the [Eye of Agamotto] is a very important relic that can be quite dangerous if used in the wrong hands, because it has the ability to do any number of things, the most dangerous of which is, it can sort of manipulate probabilities. Which is also another way of saying, ‘screw around with time’ — which is part of our story.” -Kevin Feige

13880323_1434295963253638_7822825098756640142_n.jpg

DAMN! Strange is looking great so far! *__* This one might be another Hot Toys I won't be able to resist ...

He really is the first MCU character/figure who is standalone and wouldn't really work in my Avenger display, that I'd seriously consider getting. I did contemplate Ant-Man, but I was trying to prioritise my core Avenger group from the first two movies.. This could be the first character I get that just stands alone from the rest... well aside from Deadpool, but he's going to be breaking all sorts of walls with the gang..

This looks absolutely great! My wallet is coughing blood as it is. And I have a soft spot for 1st movie appearance figures... So I really can't wait for the next version. Damn... :rotfl

Loving all the HD photos coming out of the convention. It really looks to be one of HT best sculpts. I wonder if HT will "officially" announce it after the weekend like some of the stuff they revealed at Comic Con?

Also, funny sidenote but after the film's director liked my tweet on Twitter last and I posted a few more photos I woke up this morning to around 7000 notifications. I don't even have that many followers on Twitter to get that kind of response. :rotfl

I guess there's a really big number of Cumberbatch fans out there and some were asking where they could buy the figure and if it was 6 ft tall. :google

He really is the first MCU character/figure who is standalone and wouldn't really work in my Avenger display, that I'd seriously consider getting. I did contemplate Ant-Man, but I was trying to prioritise my core Avenger group from the first two movies.. This could be the first character I get that just stands alone from the rest... well aside from Deadpool, but he's going to be breaking all sorts of walls with the gang..

Yea, great as a stand alone for sure. Definitely not an Avenger. (Although I think almost everyone has been and Avenger at some point in the comics)

I will probably display him on his own too but there are some interesting possible groupings for him:

Posing him with Spider-Man isn't out of the question. Both are Steve Ditko (along with Stan Lee) creations and they have had several crossovers.

Grouping him with other "supernatural" characters like Blade and Ghost Rider could be cool.

Dr Strange is also the leader of the Defenders, like the Avengers its a shifting roster, so there is potential there. Hulk was an original member. Daredevil was also a member and so was Luke Cage and will be Defenders in the Netflix series along with Iron Fist, who also has a mystical quality to him. (I really hope we get Luke Cage and Iron Fist figures). Ghost Rider was a Defender too at some point. Valkyrie was a Defender and so its possible they will make a figure of her because she will be in Thor Ragnarok. Oh, and I think Black Panther, Vision and Scarlet Witch were also members at some point, so you can see there is plenty of cross over. There are many others who have been a "Defender", but I am only listing those that have figures or have a reasonable chance to be made into a figure in the near future.

Hee! Talking of display options - I may very well display him with one of my Starks recreating the "Awesome Facial Hair Bros" scene (too tempting)

Back