1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Ant Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they do make changes. Vision saw some changes. Most recently BVS Batman had a better body/suit made. That one was showed to build off of the hype early. Same thing with the MOS figure, promo pics used a different body then the one it was released with.

I still do believe they'll change it.

No, that's what I'm saying also. :lol In both cases (unmasked sculpt and figure/suit) for the better.

And yeah, I agree with the comments regarding the price. Seemed a little high to me.

12967348_10153442025377344_3588505252426190144_o.jpg

k4MnNvYTrQf0s0HtmQlT5dKTzYuTlyTG_h264_3800_webthumb_640x360_640x360_513020995570.jpg

Yep. :lol

I much prefer the other suit but to each his own. :duff

No, that's what I'm saying also. :lol In both cases (unmasked sculpt and figure/suit) for the better.

And yeah, I agree with the comments regarding the price. Seemed a little high to me.

:rotfl yeah I'm just adding to it :hi5:

And yeah, a little high but I can justify it to myself :slap

Both suits look cool to me, but I think I like this one more, I like the more streamlined look to it I guess. The one thing I don't like is how low the antennas are on the head, I think that's what's making it look a little bit strange.

The strangest thing, IMO, are the buttons on his hands.

That was something I disliked on the first costume, but understood, as it was supposed to be an older "analog" technology.

How come they modernized it, but still kept the buttons. I don't imagine iron man pushing buttons every time he needs to activate a feature in his armor.

Of course, that is not a criticism to the figure, but to the costume design.

Well....this one going up pushed me....to order the first version. LOL

I like the first suit more...it's got a retro-look to it I think works better for the character and looks unique. This new, streamlined version looks flat and kinda dull. The full portrait is a good add...but again, I think the partial face included with the original version captures Rudd a bit better. Granted, it's just my opinion there but....

The one "advantage" this new version looks like it may have as a figure is being a bit more posable. That first suit (on the figure) does look pretty restrictive (similar to how Stealth Cap's is on the figure). We'll see....

Hello everyone long time reader and collector but first time poster to these forums. Finally decided to join the conversations. Now as far as the Civil War Ant Man figure goes I like it but Im going to pass on it and get the first Antman(i like the costume a bit more) if I get one at all. I do like the character and movie but not sue I absolutely NEED a hot toy of him. I must say the head sculpt on this is nice but it look to much like Ben Affleck imo. I see a bit of Paul Rudd but mostly Affleck. This figure is an easy pass for me.

The strangest thing, IMO, are the buttons on his hands.

That was something I disliked on the first costume, but understood, as it was supposed to be an older "analog" technology.

How come they modernized it, but still kept the buttons. I don't imagine iron man pushing buttons every time he needs to activate a feature in his armor.

Of course, that is not a criticism to the figure, but to the costume design.
I can't imagine how else the suit would know how to shrink and grow on command like he needs to be.

Iron Man had JARVIS and now FRIDAY both are very advanced AI that knew what Tony needed, sometimes even before Tony knew what he needed.

I don't see Ant-Man telling his suit to shrink or grow everytime he needed too :lol the buttons make sense, just like Spider-Man's web shooters.
That GIF looks like he's essentially saying, "I'm RMFDJ!"

Robert Mother...well you know. :lol :duff

That's exactly what I was going for :lol

I can't be the only one who loves this figure? I think I actually gasped when I saw it. Suit looks really cool and like a proper superhero suit. If they tighten the suit (articulation isn't a big deal for me) and tweak the headsculpt, this is definitely going to be a must get for me. We saw the Vision and Scarlet Witch headscultps change and improve greatly, so I don't see why they wouldn't do that here.

When I look at this I imagine John Madden doing his telestrator thing, saying now here is a guy who is the antman. but here is the guy who is the batman, but the antman BOOM now he's giantman, you know who my favorite superhero is.... Brett Farve!!!!! That's just me though. I think the sculpt looks pretty good. Good points on your post Motuxmen. I think the similar hairdo may be causing some of the comparisons.
Do people even look at faces? They have a "general" similarity...both white men in 40s with stubble. But every defining facial feature is different. The eye set, the distance between eyes, the bridge of the nose, the cut of his jaw line, the clef vs no clef chin (the butt chin), the mouth size, the shape of the lips the slant of the check bones. But they do have dark hair. The over all profile is similar, but so is every white male in that demo. All of the major detail is different.

View attachment 256602View attachment 256602

The old ones a masterpiece and the new ones a completely different guy..except...

View attachment 256603

For me, probably purchase the first release of Antman and hopefully they improved the HS once it is released, so that I can just buy it loose...

Looks more like Rudd than Affleck to me. Has a bit of a younger Affleck look, but not of Affleck today. Certainly couldn't pass for a BvS sculpt.

Back