1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Ant Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't be the only one who loves this figure? I think I actually gasped when I saw it. Suit looks really cool and like a proper superhero suit. If they tighten the suit (articulation isn't a big deal for me) and tweak the headsculpt, this is definitely going to be a must get for me. We saw the Vision and Scarlet Witch headscultps change and improve greatly, so I don't see why they wouldn't do that here.
You aren't hahah. I LOVE the way this suit and figure look. I saw it on the Budget Stark video when I woke up this morning and got super excited. I'm definitely getting this too. Civil War is such an awesome comic book and looks to be a great movie. I remember reading the book in 7th grade before the first Iron Man movie even came out and thinking how cool it would be if they made a Civil War movie, and now we're just under a month away, so I want to get a bunch of the figures from this movie. We really are living in a golden age of comic book movies right now.

I like the overall design, but it lost what makes the 1st costume so striking -- the deep black and the vibrant, more intense red. Had it been colored like that, I would have preordered instantly.

Isn't it good though that it is different from the first suit? HT are already getting a lot of complaints about all the repeat characters, but at least the costumes are different.

Very cool design, def better than 80s biker-diver. :monkey3
Awesome looking sculpt too.
Just wish the red parts of the suit were... more red.

I can't be the only one who loves this figure? I think I actually gasped when I saw it. Suit looks really cool and like a proper superhero suit. If they tighten the suit (articulation isn't a big deal for me) and tweak the headsculpt, this is definitely going to be a must get for me. We saw the Vision and Scarlet Witch headscultps change and improve greatly, so I don't see why they wouldn't do that here.

You're not. I like it too. Just paid mine off through paypal. Im also getting the first suit as well though.

I can't imagine how else the suit would know how to shrink and grow on command like he needs to be.

Iron Man had JARVIS and now FRIDAY both are very advanced AI that knew what Tony needed, sometimes even before Tony knew what he needed.

I don't see Ant-Man telling his suit to shrink or grow everytime he needed too :lol the buttons make sense, just like Spider-Man's web shooters.

That's exactly what I was going for :lol

I understand your reasoning, but I don't agree with it.

Also, the idea of some other way to activating the suit, I believe, it's not so far fetched and inconceivable, considering the whole "changing size" and "talking to ants" part of his technology.

I never said it needed to be exactly like Iron Man's. I pointed him as an example. Even Siri could do a better job.

And Spider-Man web-shooters are "shooter". They have an element of pointing and keep releasing as needed, it's not an on, off thing.

My previous point was that, IMO, the buttons had an analog feeling that was compatible with the retro look of the old suit, I expected something else on the new one. It's like they updated everything, except the buttons.

Hank Pym: "Scott, let's make a new suit for you, you can throw away the old one, except the gloves, I need those old fisher price buttons".

Just my opinion, I'm not saying you are wrong.

Last edited:
I was suddenly reminded of this:

That said, I do prefer the old Ant-Man suit. Then again, the old suit reminded me more of Hank, while this one actually looks like something Scott would wear in his modern comic run.

I like the new suit. I see why others don't, but it's a nice upgrade from the old one. The Rudd sculpt is just the icing on the cake, and you know it will be tweaked. Eager now to see Iron Man and a new RDJ sculpt.

Looks more like Rudd than Affleck to me. Has a bit of a younger Affleck look, but not of Affleck today. Certainly couldn't pass for a BvS sculpt.

My sentiments as well.

I see more Rudd, in my opinion. It has a bit of a younger Affleck look (circa 10-15 years ago), but that's because the two actors share some facial similarities. However, they also have several differentiating facial features. Regardless, the sculpt certainly wouldn't work for a BvS Bruce Wayne sculpt.

That said, I do prefer the old Ant-Man suit. Then again, the old suit reminded me more of Hank, while this one actually looks like something Scott would wear in his modern comic run.

That's how I feel also. Each suit conforms to the time period when it was constructed. The CW suit looks much more modern and has a streamlined look. I prefer the look of the first suit though.

New pics from Secret Base.
IMG_1387_%25E7%25BB%2593%25E6%259E%259C%2B%25E6%258B%25B7%25E8%25B2%259D.jpg

IMG_1389_%25E7%25BB%2593%25E6%259E%259C%2B%25E6%258B%25B7%25E8%25B2%259D.jpg

IMG_1401_%25E7%25BB%2593%25E6%259E%259C%2B%25E6%258B%25B7%25E8%25B2%259D.jpg

I think it looks great.

Link to more of the full figure: Toys Zone D 玩具兄弟 -Figures Price List. Reviews: 實拍Hot Toys《美國隊長3:英雄內戰》蟻俠 Ant-Man 1/6 人偶

Great pics. I reckon the fact it looks a little like Affleck is a good thing!!!
Saves us having to wait for Affleck to get done. I'll pick up a spare one of these for Bruce Wayne, lol.

If HT did an Affleck sculpt that looked like this, all you would hear is how it doesn't look like Affleck lmao.

Back