1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Ant Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... I might need to make a poll thread... the old one or this one.
:gah:

Do people even look at faces?

Do you have to jump on everyone who expresses a difference of opinion?

It looks like Ben Affleck to me. That's not a bad thing. I love these figures.
That's all there is to it.

Not everything has to be turned into a debate.

So... I might need to make a poll thread... the old one or this one.
:gah:

Do you have to jump on everyone who expresses a difference of opinion?

It looks like Ben Affleck to me. That's not a bad thing. I love these figures.
That's all there is to it.

Not everything has to be turned into a debate.

Very little if any Rudd- well maybe the whiskers but even those look like Ben's!:lol

I don't like the suit at all. I guess the only Hot Toys Ant-Man in my collection will be him on Haweye's arrow.

This looks like a Medicom figure of a Japanese character I've never heard of.

I agree with the Affleck group, FIRST thing I thought to myself when I saw the sculpt was "Ben Affleck?"

Sure there is some Rudd in there, this is probably exactly what a kid would look like if they somehow split the DNA of Affleck and Rudd, :rotfl

The reason I see Ben, eyes are the biggest reason, general face and jaw shape... To me its more Ben than Paul

What's with these NRD's on every figure now?
Very frustrating!

probably because they are getting more cancellations than in the past (people knowing never to pay full price again as there will always be sales/discounts as no figure sells out anymore).

Ordered... critics be damned. :yess:

I'm climbing aboard the ordered train!

The figure they have to show, it's all for promo and to build off the hype of the movie.

I'm fairly certain that they'll tighten the figure up. The loose suit, the sculpt. It's not like they haven't done that before.

I'm okay with the sculpt. No getting this, though. I think the original suit was MUCH better. This just looks kinda of flat and blah compared to it. I do like the new helmet though.

The figure they have to show, it's all for promo and to build off the hype of the movie.

I'm fairly certain that they'll tighten the figure up. The loose suit, the sculpt. It's not like they haven't done that before.

There's rare instances I think where a production sculpt looks better than the prototype, but I think this will be one of those. They'll make changes to it for the better. As far as the overall body of the figure, I think HT generally makes changes for the better with figure bodies and suits. That will be the case with this also.

Looking at this figure even more, the fabric suit also looks a bit off doesn't it? Not sure if it's the fabric HT used, or the colors are slightly off, or that shoulder padding is not on correctly. The suit looks better in the promo art and trailers IMO.

Not that it's far off the mark, but I'm a little surprised with the price. For the most part (Diecast figures excluded) they've been pretty balanced and fair with pricing as of late. Didn't think we'd see this for the same price as the 1st one while including less accessories.

Gotta really appreciate that! They have been doing a good job (whether it's listening to the customers or deciding to on their own) with making tweaks to improve the final products.

a8547ed5e0d9722e834d87e007eee00e.jpg

Paul Rudd + Ben Affleck = Paul Affleck?
Or Ben Rudd?

:lol:lol BOOM!

Ruddleck

There's rare instances I think where a production sculpt looks better than the prototype, but I think this will be one of those. They'll make changes to it for the better. As far as the overall body of the figure, I think HT generally makes changes for the better with figure bodies and suits. That will be the case with this also.
Well, they do make changes. Vision saw some changes. Most recently BVS Batman had a better body/suit made. That one was showed to build off of the hype early. Same thing with the MOS figure, promo pics used a different body then the one it was released with.

I still do believe they'll change it.
Not that it's far off the mark, but I'm a little surprised with the price. For the most part (Diecast figures excluded) they've been pretty balanced and fair with pricing as of late. Didn't think we'd see this for the same price as the 1st one while including less accessories.

Gotta really appreciate that! They have been doing a good job (whether it's listening to the customers or deciding to on their own) with making tweaks to improve the final products.

:lol:lol BOOM!

Ruddleck

I think the extra $$$ tacked onto the price is due to the second sculpt to be honest... But don't quote me on that. I do think it is a little high tho.

Yeah, recently hot toys has been doing good.

And Baul Ruddleck? :rotfl

Different ships different sailors etc.... I like the first version. Looks more like Paul Rudd's personality and more unique for the type of character. Fits Scott Lang. This looks like Ultraman

Back