1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought it. I couldn't help myself... and I also had a decent slug of rewards points saved up. Can't wait for it to arrive!

Bought it. I couldn't help myself... and I also had a decent slug of rewards points saved up. Can't wait for it to arrive!

I have a good amount rewards points also. But I keep going back and forth on whether to pull the trigger and buy it, I like the design of this one and at least he wears this armor for a while in the movie (unlike some of the HP Protocol figures they are rolling out). I already have the MK46 and MK6 on order, in addition to a few other figures. What to do????......... So many "Mark's" so little $$$!

I have a good amount rewards points also. But I keep going back and forth on whether to pull the trigger and buy it, I like the design of this one and at least he wears this armor for a while in the movie (unlike some of the HP Protocol figures they are rolling out). I already have the MK46 and MK6 on order, in addition to a few other figures. What to do????......... So many "Mark's" so little $$$!

i'd get it.. the 46 and 6 are both still a ways off, so there'd be plenty of time to save up for them.

it's an absolutely stunning figure in person. words and photos just don't do it justice. it even feels incredible in person. the joints, the articulation, the accessories, the switch covers are awesome. i love how they made the helmet piece to access the head light switch. it just slides so easily on and off, but there's no risk of it just coming off by accident, so much better than the 42's.

anyways, i can understand if you're on a budget and don't want to spend that amount of money on it. after all the 46 so far has been more pivotal, and the 6 appeared in 2 movies and comes with an incredible amount of weaponry.

Totally know what you mean. I'm in the exact same boat as you - I also have the Mk46 and Mk6 on pre-order. (I was contemplating the Sub-zero repaint of the Mk7 but ultimately decided I'd pass.) I've had points accumulating for quite a while and after looking through so many photo posts, I decided this would be the figure I'd get on discount. Frankly, the paint job seems to look lightyears better than the prototype photos on Sideshow's page. I really do like the design (not quite as much I like the Mk46 and Mk6, but it is certainly up there) and I think the figure is going to look amazing in person.

Ultimately, using the rewards points is what made this a fairly easy decision for me. These figures are expensive - not sure I would have bought it if I was paying full price (I'm already paying full price for the Mk46 and Mk6).

I own the figure and love it. I second everything TimothyR has said about it. It's a joy in all aspects.

That said, had I known that a Diecast Mk6 was in the works, I would've passed on the Mk45. Long story short, I was impatient and wanted to break into HT. I wanted IM and WM representation. So I opted to PO their newest versions (at the time), AoU WM and the Mk45. Knowing what I know now, I would so trade them in for the dc WM Mk1 and the dc Mk6 so fast it's not even funny.

That's just my perspective though. If it were up to me to leave one armor out (between the 45, 46, and 6) it would easily be the 45. Amazing figure, but the 46 and 6 were exponentially better than the 45 on-screen in terms of action sequences. Once you get beyond its uniqueness (in terms of appearance) it is such a disappointment. The Mk45 in Sokovia and the Mk7 in New York are such a stark contrast from each other in terms of final Avengers battle armors. IM2, Avengers 1, and CW really showed how to do Iron Man justice in a final battle.

As Arnold Schwarzenegger once said, Do it! In all seriousness though, it is a great looking armor. It's actually a work of art. You will not regret getting it.

Thanks for all the responses, you guys are very convincing. I'm probably going order it! I think it will look good with the rest of my HT IM collection. I already have the MK3dc, MK7 and the MK42pp, and I wasn't disappointed with those. Thanks again guys!

I received mine on saturday. Today i had time to take some shots: https://flic.kr/s/aHskEK5cBn

I love the mark XLV. Every time I get a new Iron Man from Hot Toys i fell in love again. Best Iron Man till now!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

SkyGuy, those are amazing! You've made me even more impatient to receive this figure! I've been staring at my order status on and off all day today waiting to see that it has shipped - it still says, "Item shipping soon." I can't wait!

I see some of these awesome pictures(especially the ones SkyGuy just posted) and think they have to be retouched in some way cause there's no way the figure can look that good without photo editing but then I look at mine in the right light and I'm like, "No, it really does look that good.".

I see some of these awesome pictures(especially the ones SkyGuy just posted) and think they have to be retouched in some way cause there's no way the figure can look that good without photo editing but then I look at mine in the right light and I'm like, "No, it really does look that good.".

Lol, yeah, you're right about that. The paint job is just so beautiful, I still can't get over it.

Mine finally came in

OOTB
9e5bf7af442862d691bed8b2a8f3adc3.jpg

And some Prisma effect
41336c0cdf1446a01a55d3d29ec169ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back