1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously contemplating picking this one up - owners photos have swung me. But torn between this and the XLVI which I adored in Civil War (I'm trying hard not to be too ridiculous with the Iron Man collection, but...), and you know it got decent screen-time!

I'm currently hunting around online (not very efficiently) for a site with good rates to the UK that also does layaway - but am I missing something; it looks like it's still up for PO on Sideshow? (Was there an exclusive or something that I managed to miss?)

This is definitely the best HT figure I have ever bought... it's earned it's own shelf in the case. Can't help but stop and look at it everytime I pass by the display... it's seriously an awesome figure!

Simply amazing!

Untitled-1.jpg

I see what you're saying but I think what it is is the fact that my reactor cover lens is more flat as well as being opaque whereas the other ones I'm seeing are concave like a bubble which makes them also look smaller and also magnifies the Arc Reactor on the chest underneath. Cant be a bootleg because I've never seen a hot toys entire figure bootleg like this I mean everything is perfect all the boxes the packing accessories quality the figure to my knowledge there are no full-scale bootleg figures of hot toys diecast release. It's just really freaking strange because again even the lens cover on the battle damage chest piece is exactly the same it's flat instead of curved and of course it's not clear I just really don't get it.

Is it just me or does your chest plate seem like it's not even the same shape as the stock HT? Almost like a bootleg piece. I'd get a replacement pronto.

No I was thinking just the chest plate could be a bootleg. Like someone bought it removed the hot toys chest plate and put on a bootleg chest plate. I hope that's not the case but that's what occurred to me at first glance.

Wouldn't they have had to make a bootleg of both armor pieces?

You said the BD one has the white plastic too, right?

Maybe yours was a very early model and some of the test pieces got mixed in with the production pieces.

Very strange either way.

I thought this was going to my only, final diecast IM, but I was wrong...

Cannot say not to the diecast Mark VI...

I love my IM2 Mark VI so much...

Will pass on mark 6. To much gold and silver for my liking. And besides I don't plan on getting any other ironmans outside of my 45. It truely is the best one I think to date. I'll admit when I got my email from hot toys I was tempted.... The face the chest then I saw the legs and was instantly turned away.

Finally got my Mark XLV and some time to play a little... FRIDAY reporting for duty :lol

IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

I absolutely love this thing. It's easily my favorite 1/6th scale figure.. And I think it's probably my favorite collectible in general. It's just so striking in person.

It also makes me want the 6 and 46 even more so I can have them and their war machines displayed together.

I absolutely love this thing. It's easily my favorite 1/6th scale figure.. And I think it's probably my favorite collectible in general. It's just so striking in person.

It also makes me want the 6 and 46 even more so I can have them and their war machines displayed together.

Yeah, when Mark45 was shown in Avengers AOU, the suit took my attention away from my favorite Mark4. :rotfl
The details and organic look of Mark45 is amazing.

It's definitely a good pairing for the Mark6 and Mark46 with their respective War Machines. I plan to cram Mark46 with the rest of my iron man figures as I don't have any War Machines. :lol

Back