1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after mulling over if it's the 45, or the 1/4 scale 45, or the 46 I went ahead and PO'd the 1/6 45. All these awesome pics sold me on it. I really like the paint, sleek design and the take no prisoners look of it. I'll likely be getting the 46 as well as that looks cool and is a year off.

That does make more sense now. Gotta love auto correct(and the pianist, because it's such a great word!)

Lol. Oh, how I hate auto correct! Although, I guess since Tony Stark seems good at everything it wouldn't comes as a surprise to me that he knows how to tickle those ivories as well.

Eventhough tge 45 helped save the world, most of it's scenes are just forgettable. 43 for me had more impact in AOU. On the otherhand, CW is still the better movie than AOU (by a mile) & the mark 46 was the only armor in that movie. Didn't save the world but did pave the way to the next chapter in the MCU. It has more emotional & memorable scene in the movie. I just love the movie more. I hope that HT makes a battle damaged 46 with the destroyed helmet, crushed arc reactor & a blackeyed Tony sculpt. That would be awesome.

Lol I seem to disagree with almost everything you said. The 45 was actually shown with the avengers, shown with war machine, shown fighting ultron, and shown blowing up the meteor that would have killed life on earth. The 43 had more screentime, and it did some cool stuff too, but the only thing that really impacted me about it as much as the 45 was when it got into a bigger, much cooler looking suit. It felt more like a placeholder suit that was just a recoloured 42 so that people would stop complaining about the 42's color scheme.

I think the 46 is a bit backwards in design evolution, just like the 42 was in geometry, and I know I'm in the minority here, but Age of Ultron is my favorite MCU film, civil war is my fourth. They're both great films, but Age of Ultron to me has better cinematography, a more solid conclusion and I absolutely love what was done with ultron (my favorite marvel villain).

I really like AoU as well, i found civil war to be a good superhero film but the story was kinda dumb i thought. That one guy getting them to fight each other was a dumb plot point. I mean he goes through all the trouble to find the base where the winter soldiers were then he just kills them. Is it even explained anywhere why tony's dad had that serum? The fight scenes were good and all thanks to the bros russo but as a whole it felt weak. The part that surprised me the most was at the beginning with crossbone, i thought he was going to be in the movie more as a villain, then bam he's dead.

Both are good films but i have to give it to AoU mostly as it's an avengers film, and i am a bigger fan of them as a team.

Lovely pictures. In answer to your question, I'd guess they're more interested in the Mark 46 at this point.

Fantastic shots, Spidey.

Anyone cancelling in favour of something else is missing out! Ah well, their loss.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

I agree that the Mark 45 and 46 are quite different, with the 46 looking chunkier. But personally, the 46 is not as appealing now since it's not diecast.

Edit:
I stand corrected, the Mk46 is diecast, and it's looking hard to resist.

Eventhough tge 45 helped save the world, most of it's scenes are just forgettable. 43 for me had more impact in AOU. On the otherhand, CW is still the better movie than AOU (by a mile) & the mark 46 was the only armor in that movie. Didn't save the world but did pave the way to the next chapter in the MCU. It has more emotional & memorable scene in the movie. I just love the movie more. I hope that HT makes a battle damaged 46 with the destroyed helmet, crushed arc reactor & a blackeyed Tony sculpt. That would be awesome.

The Mark 45 did have a rather muted entrance compared to other versions, but it's hard to miss the almost all red exosuit and its fighting prowess in AOU.

image.jpeg

When I saw this scene, I kinda got teary eyed a little bit. Same feeling I had during the first group shot in the Avengers.
Love aoU but the 45 didn't really click to me. Gorgeous looking figure & if I have spare money or if this gets discounted (I doubt it will get to that), might pick up. Definitely will reserve my money for 46 though.

View attachment 272808
View attachment 272809
View attachment 272810

I like how this new suit looks more organic compared to the old ones. As usual, the details are immaculate, and the finish flawless. Which is why I dont understand why people in my country are letting go of their preorders or selling off existing ones at a loss.

These are among my favorite Mark 45 pictures yet. I especially love the group shot with the other suits. Repped. :duff

Ok, I caved. The Mark 45 is by far my favourite suit design with the organic curves. I was really torn between the 1/6 and ¼ scale. I loved the paint and die cast on the 1/6 but I like the scale and accuracy on the ¼ scale. I had decided to wait for the ¼ scale, because the ¼ QS005 mark 43 blew me away, but now I have also ordered the 1/6 mark 45. I just want to see them both in hand before I can decide which to keep.

I've already made screen grabs to use as a reference, while I make the paint job screen accurate, which means weathering, which you're probably used to from me by now :D

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 11.08.47.jpg

Good..good..let the purchase flow through you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. I'm not cancelling 46 pre-order.
45 and 46 designs are different enough to keep them both. And I like them both.

Since this thread is more active, I'm going to post this here:

Along with all the 1/6 figures and 1/4 statues I buy, I also have been collecting the mini-busts (they're perfect for my office). Anyways, the Mk. 46 just arrived and the color red used is pretty close to the original HT IM Mk. III plastic, non battle damaged figure. It might actually have even somewhat of a pinkish red instead of the purplish red. These mini busts are usually good indicators of what the 1/6 figure will turn out like (minus weathering that's used on the full figure).

I don't have a camera that can really show the difference but I do believe that, in terms of the order of the armors, the "base" red that's been used on the Diecast Mk. III, Mk. 42/43, and Mk. 45 will be gone with the Mk. 46 and beyond. The best way I can describe it is if you look at how the Mk. IX has some orange in the red versus the "mainstream" red, the 46 does this but with pink. Hope that makes sense.

Oh and it looks great. Very comic book like!

Thank you for that; you've informed some of the quarter-scale buying. Right now, I am considering:
  • Keeping the Mark 43 and waiting for a QS 46/ the next (maybe final) suit
  • Selling the 43 and going with the 45 and 46/later 'pink' armour alongside each other
Either way, I will be going for at least one suit with that 'pink' look you described

Back